Masters Running

Soggy Saturday 11/14 Runs (Read 378 times)

Hill Runner

Good morning! I wasn't sure that I'd run today but I tossed the antihistamines last night and felt good enough to start running again this morning after a week. 5.21 miles of hills @ 9:09 pace...felt OK but didin't want to push it. GO TRAMPS & TAMMY ( & my birthday buddy Econo)!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Job Peter!! I am going to go do a challenging trail race this morning. The weather is looking pretty decent at the moment and it might be just the medicine I need to get my mojo back. Also, day 1 of dieting - yep that's it! I refuse to buy bigger jeans .....

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mariposai

Nice to see Peter starting the thread. Have fun hopeful4ever. I hope you enjoy your trail race, I hope you meet up with your mojo there. 6 miles at predawn. Legs held pretty darn well after the 16 miler I did yesterday afternoon. Off to the big city now. Driving 5 hours for a gala is hardly worth it, but we will be able to see our son, which is always so nice. now is time to decide...black dress with red shoes, red hand bags, red door perfume, red rubies...or pink dress with black accessories...hummm decisions, decisions, decisions. go tramps goooooooooo

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Peter and Mary... Peter, glad you are feeling a little better and running again...soggy is right, here also. Huh, Trial race Mary. Hope you have a good race...and have fun and get that mojo back! Mary, maybe if you get your mojo back, you can simply run more and forget the yucky dieting thing...but I feel like a fat lazy slug right now from non running, and don't dare step on the scales right now. But my cloths are fitting the same, or a little looser actually, so ok for now. But with the Holidays coming up and ALLLLL the food everywhere, and NON running....yikes. Mari, pretty impressive run after 16 yesterday...hope your gala and day goes well! Well, here to post another tet fearing "non" run...14 days in now. Guess I will jump on my cycling trainer and ride an hour or so...but so damn boring...oh well. Ha...beat Twocat again. Hope our racers have good races today, and look forward to the RR's....thinking of Tambo right now Have a GREAT Sat all, Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Still early out here, I'm about to head out the door for 5/6 miles before work and tomorrows long run. Good day to all and many happy runs and nonruns!! Francesca
              Friday - 6.50 miles - 54:58 (8:27) - Avg HR 129 Max HR 139 I was out for a run alone and ended up meeting up with Joel so we ran a little extra together before parting. Smile Saturday - 8.02 miles - 1:04:33 - (8:02) - Avg HR 126 Max HR 146 - just missed the rain - cloudy and 52 degrees. 8:48 - 8:03 - 8:04 - 7:56 - 8:18 - 8:05 - 7:45 - 7:26 - :04 - Nice run with the guys this morning, I did this as a progressive run (we stopped at about mile 4.5 to wait for a few of the guys) then I worked the last mile pretty good as it has a good hill and I wanted to hit that strong. Good luck to all those racing this weekend. Time for me to see if I can get my tractor back together again... Confused
                hopeful, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's accident. I'm glad it appears that she is ok. Cars can be repaired or replaced. Also, good luck on your trail race. enke, I'm glad to hear your back is improving but sorry to hear that lame has acquired the problem. I'm wishing for a quick recovery, lame. Nice long run mariposai. Normally I would not run today but later we will leave for E. Lansing so we will be there bright and early tomorrow morning to help our son and his wife move into a new apartment. It will be nice to see him and our daughter. This morning, it was in the low 40s with a light wind. I got in 5 miles in a little under 50 minutes for a 9:56 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                  Soggy here too, so I opted to accompany DW to gym for treadmill. Roll eyes 4 miles very slow as legs felt heavy today. 9 miles planned tomorrow morning and there's 2-3 inches of snow expected. Surprised Colds & sinus infections seem like they are everywhere, I'm trying to stay healthy for the half next Sunday. Marathon Mary be careful out there. Trails are bad this time of year with leaves, mud & sticks. Non-runners have a great cross training weekend Wink Maine nice progression run Runners have a great running weekend Big grin

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Hopeful... enjoy! Peter.. glad you're feeling better Go Tramps o... oops 66F and 91% humidity at his start.. he can still do it, summer was not long ago. 6 Miles GA in 50:47 (8:28 pace, AHR 160) including 2 mi with Tory at 9:25 pace, a half mile at 7:04 pace, a mile at 7:38 pace and the rest of 'em in the mid 8's. Legs felt great today. Tramps monitoring.. oh well.. We are experiencing some minor issues with the timing hardware on the marathon and half-marathon courses due to the weather. Please check back as we update results. http://www.usraceworks.com/2008suntrustmarathon/default_live.aspx? Bib 1231

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mari-Doesn't matter what you wear,you'll look beautiful either way... Good news times 2 yesterday-My next interview for my job is on Tuesday...very long process and I will be representing a certain shoe company at the USATF CLUB X-COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! The master's race is at 11:30 and then the Open race is at 1:30,so I can finish,shower and then watch the elites run...
                      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                      DickyG

A man walked into Johnny's Saloon in Huntington Beach, CA...with a 3-foot pet alligator on a leash. By the time police and animal control officers arrived at the bar, the gator was in the man's vehicle in the parking lot. Officers followed him home where another gator was found. Both animals were impounded and were geing held. The owner, Harold "Joe Jack" Campbell, stated that both gators were potty trained and helped him rid his yard of moles. Furthermore, they were excellent around children, as long as there were plenty of corn dogs in the house. Bill:
                        DW and I are going up to UF tomorrow morning to see DS and to catch the Gators game.
                        Gators 93 Gamecocks 6 NoNo:
                        I'm not as brave as Tim and willing to run topless.
                        Carolyn did it...so can you. Mary: You can definately sign me up for the overweight club...in fact, I'm a lifelong member. Enke:
                        Well, today I am virtually pain-free, just in time for my doctor's appointment.
                        That's pretty funny! Sorta like having the TV go on the blink but it revives itself just as the repairman shows up at your door. Lamerunner: Not you too! Jeez...you're living up to your name. Henry: So sorry to hear about your friend...but man...96 great years..you can't ask for much more than that. Just celebrate his life. Amy:
                        Say, anyone have a good idea for a baby shower gift?
                        A year's subscription to Playboy...get the kid started off on the right foot. I'm assuming that Tramps' weather in Richmond is probably about the same as ours...high 60's, muggy, overcast, a little breezy, but no rain (yet). Did 4.2 miles this morning...it was definately summer conditions...37:56 (9:02). Tomorrow we're heading up to the DC area to babysit our grandson for a few days while daughter is in San Diego on a biz trip. He's 8...he wants to go to a strip club. DickyG
                          biketm nuts! Beat me to today's non run again! Angry But I bet you I non-ran longer than you did! Big grin hopeful4ever good luck with your race! Same to Tramps and TammyinGP! perchcreek I am heading down to the UNC-Duke area next week. If you are interested in getting together for lunch let me know. I would suggest a run but I am not 100% when I will start up again. I tried tracking down your email via the web but no dice. I am moderately easy to find with a little bit of sleuthing. So if you want to get in contact just email me. lamerunner I sure hope it turns out to be nothing serious. In the meantime welcome to the 40/0 club! We are apparently holding a major membership drive but hope you are out quickly. Anybody else have trouble figuring out what tetsujin209 is doing day-to-day. Tapering, non-running, running, training, racing . . . Confused Still entertaining to read!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

0 beautiful sunny, autumn-leafy, very runnable day but, with tammy-day only eight days away, I sure appreciate the chance to be tapering with the taper wins, . . . but am so sorry enke might not be able to be enjoying the day to the fullest. get well quick, . . you too erika. don`t tell her but my taper-day task is gunna be lookin` for where that butterfly gala is.Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Tim - that is a very good reason for me to run - to loose some weight - but if you only knew what I've been eating lately, you'd agree that I need the "D" work too! Wink I spoke to my daughter on the way to the race and she is feeling good - so that made me feel better. She didn't go to the hospital. It is so hard to know what to do, what to tell them to do when you are so far away. I cannot WAIT to see her tomorrow!! Oh running ..... the temps were 38 degrees and the wind was picking up. That is okay in the woods as we were pretty protected. I met 2 other RA members there and one gal has just celebrated one year of running so I ended up taking it a little slower and stayed with her. I told her whenever she felt the need to walk, just say so and that is what we did - especially on the 2 monster hills!! The race ended up being only 4.2 miles and the last mile is along the Lake Michigan shoreline. There the wind affected us as we were running right into it!! The waves were pretty big and that made running on the packed down wet portion a bit challenging. All of a sudden a wave hit us both and we screamed like little girls!! People turned back to see us laughing - boy is that water COLD!! Anyway - I finished 5 minutes faster than the last two years - so that is a PR I guess! 6th in my AG - do not ask how many people were in my age group either!! Tongue Have a good Saturday everyone!! (GO RACERS!)

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Hello everyone, Just back from an ez wet 40 minutes of running. Hamstring is tight so taking it ez lately.New training plan starts on November 29th and I want to be ready and healthy. Have a great day Tall

Recent Best times: None recently