Masters Running

November 1st, Runs & Other Fun Stuff! (Read 471 times)

Hey all, I'm gonna get things started without getting a run in today again. Hecy fine me if yiou want! Just getting loaded up to head out to NEW YORK, we should get there just in time for the Expo to open up this morning. I wanted to give a quick shout out to TIM - best of luck on that first Marathon buddy! And all others racing hope you have fleet feet as well. See ya! Big grin

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I'll join Maine and post without running this morning - I'm okay with a fine .... I fully intended to get in a 4 or 5 miler this morning but truth be told, I just don't feel like it this morning! Surprised Instead I'm doing some laundry before heading to East Lansing for an enjoyable mother/daughter day at the MSU football game. I can't stop thinking about Tim this morning....wondering how his night went....did he get ANY sleep...his foot...how he'll do.... I sure am wishing him all the best and just pray he does not injure himself more. Fleet feet to all the racers this weekend. Have fun at the expo Maine!! Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I'll share the fine with Mary Smile Maine is excused for today Wink It's post now or not today. Off to volunteer a race for my club, then off to a trail for 11 miler. Looks like a perfect mid-autumn day Cool Mary enjoy the game, college football is the greatest! Big grin Good luck weekend racers!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

The Jogger

Morning Gang Guess what? I had a run, well recovery run with MrsRoy, 3.5m untimed and no HR it was flipping cold out there probably 32F in your money. Good luck to Tim and Maine and anyone else racing this W/E is Erika running a race injured? If so hope she is ok too...... Mary I know some mornings I just think NA!!!!! Smile Good runs All Roy
            Well, I ran this morning, so we're restoring balance to the thread. 6.06 miles at 10:14 pace through some pretty dramatic thermoclines up and down the hills. This is a very exciting weekend here in Boomerland. GL to all the racers. Let's hope that those sore legs/feet/ankles behave themselves tomorrow. Have fun today, Mary.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Hill Runner

Good morning all, I'll post a run from last night. It was my first real run in almost a week....trying to get back to the routine here. 5.01 miles of hills @ 8:46 pace. I still have some stiffness & soreness in my calves but it felt good to be running again. Good runs to all today and good luck to the racers this weekend.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
              Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
              Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

I'm also posting before I go out for my 7/8 miles run and a busy day at work , at least you all can see I'm still around! Good luck to all racers this weekend! and good runs to all! Francesca

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Enke – that picture is adorable! Rock – did you place in your AG for that tri? Smile Tetsujin – what a lovely offer! But I’ll have to ask my husband first… Wink PDR – good to see you posting a morning run again. 8 miles for me today in about 44 degrees. I felt so unexpectedly sproinky, I had to keep reminding myself to save it for tomorrow’s LR. Maybe it was the skirt – I’m coming to believe that what slows me down in the cold is long pants. I feel so much faster and lighter running barelegged. Smile Actually, DickyG might have a point with the inhaler. I quit smoking 12 years ago, but 15 years of cigarettes may have left some lasting damage to my lungs, and perhaps sub-freezing air is harder for me to process. Whatever the reason, I feel a noticeable diminished capacity for speed in temps below 35-ish. Thinking of the racers and hoping for the best. Tim and I missed each others’ calls this morning, but his message said that Kelly is a sweetheart and he didn’t get much sleep last night… Shocked ....not sure if those two thoughts were linked or not….

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Roy - it's flipping cold here too this morning. 34F at 6:00 AM - out the door with all the clothes. I guess we have to get used to it, it won't be getting warmer any time soon. 6.5 miles at a 9:15 pace Shocked Must have been the cold temps and the thought of a hot cup of coffee waiting back at the house! Like everyone already mentioned, I hope Tim is running comfortably and had a nice evening with Kelly. Holly, I'm not sure how to interpret that message either! Have a safe trip, Mainerunnah and good luck tomorrow. It looks like the forecast for New York is going to be great for the race, yes? Mary - have fun at the football game this afternoon. I'm working at the playoff game for the team at the high school I work for this afternoon. They've already won two games - one more and they advance to state! Anyone have any candy left? We had a lot of really old kids trick or treat last night. One looked to be a college-age guy with no costume, trick or treating in a sweater and blue jeans. Must be the economy....
                    DickyG

The University of Minnesota is now in the record books. More than 60 trained personnel dispensed 11,538 flu shots during a nine-hour period on Tuesday of this week at four locations around the campus in Minneapolis and St. Paul. This puts them in the Guinness World Records book for the most flu shots given on a single day. The previous record was 3,271, set in November of 2006 in Sanford, Florida. When asked why he attempted this feat, the hospital administrator, Arnold "Jeb" Clampett, stated "I don't know, I just thought I'd take a stab at it." Roy: You're doing 13 miles now? Sheesh! TomS: You continue to amaze me...I can't run half the distance you do. Evryday:
                      Thank you God for the new shoes and the man who sold them to me on sale.
                      Brilliant! That should be the premanent prayer for all shoppers. Enke: What a great pic! The half smile on Jedi's face is just priceless. Roch: Please...never utter the word "leaves" again around me. I'm pretty sure than once I clean off my yard, I'll find several dead bodies hidden under the leaves. I'm almost sure that Maine is gone by now, but just in case he reads this...yeah...you got the right Robert Ramsey...great guy...if you two do happen to meet, wish him luck for me. I'm sure that most of you know that the NYC Marathon is being shown on TV (tape delayed) at 3 PM (EDT)..I forget which channel. I doubt it will get much viewership because of all the big football games on this afternoon...but it's on anyway. I'm very excited for all the racers this week-end..I'm already reserving lots of time early next week to pour over all the great RR's. 4.5 easy, untimed miles...my new shoes continue to feel great..have already bookmarked several internet sites and will keep checking for price reductions...then I'll pounce. Where's Tramps? DickyG

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I hope Tim's ankle is holding up! 2 Magical Healing Miles with Tory. Stiff left leg, could feel calf and shin. Need a good long run (like 26.2 mi) tomorrow to loosen up!!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Evryday: Brilliant! That should be the premanent prayer for all shoppers. DickyG
                          I stole borrowed that line from "Home Alone." I have been unable to come up with anything brilliant on my own! Holly and Enke.....great pics of the kids in costume! No run for me today....I've been out on the veranda with coffee and the fire pit watching the beautiful morning unfold. Lots of football watching is in store for me this weekend. Gppd running to all today, and gppd luck to all our racers!
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          Mariposai

2 Magical Healing Miles with Tory. Stiff left leg, could feel calf and shin. Need a good long run (like 26.2 mi) tomorrow to loosen up!!
                            Good luck in your loosening up exercise tomorrow Perchcreek. Good luck weekend runners. I sure hope Erica is having an pound of extra fun for me. Are they meeting twocats in NYC for a carbodinner? Heavy load XT last night and this morning. DS2 had 18 (up to 24 at one point) teenagers in the house last night. Flipped 36 burgers last night, 6 pints of my salsa is gone and the german chocolate cake was history in 5 minutes. Great fun for the kids. 8 of them spent the night, so this morning I was able to keep up with the upper arm ex. by flipping some pancakes. Will run later.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Spareribs posted this over on KR about Tim. I hope they don't mind me posting it here:
                              "I coached a guy on RA for the Indianapolis Marathon today. He was in perfect shape until a week ago when he twisted his ankle badly. He tried to run today, but wisely dropped out at 16 miles. Good for him to do so, as he can heal now and race another day."
                              Too bad for Tim, but I'm really glad he elected to play smart! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Yes, Tim made a tough decision today. Agonizing, but better than chancing putting himself out of commission runningwise for months afterward. He made the right choice to stop while he was still upright. I made him promise me to see a sports med doc this week. We all know, though, that the hard part will be getting him to follow the doctor’s orders. Btw, ladies, he has such a nice voice…. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."