Masters Running

August 1st daily (Read 32 times)

Mariposai

Time to start the daily.

16 easy miles today in good weather conditions.  The first 7 with the Easy Pacer.  Good day for a run low 80s the last hour of the run. I just ran out of energy towards the end.

Time for breakfast now, then yard work.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

...mornin' mari//.........hoping you have a good weekend......

=======

30-mn pr nb deo cf

.................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

5.1 mile for me this morning, then 9 holes of golf with DD on a brilliantly sunny day.  House-puttering now, then church later.

Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

6 miles for me, and they felt ok, and not terrible like I expected.  I'm a bit surprised I have been able to ramp up my mileage this easily with no issues so far.  9 slow miles on tap for tomorrow.

Lots of house cleaning to do in preparation for my guest who is staying with me all next week while my kids are on vacation with my ex.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Hi friends,

20.3 mile bike, 12.1 mile run, 5 mile bike -- biked to our group's hosted run and did a loop before the run. She planned a great out and back course which included some trail running and some decent hills. Hung around to socialize (and dip in the pool) before heading back home on my bike.  Beautiful day!!

Hermosaboy - congrats on the new job!

Enke - have a wonderful week with your "guest"

Posai - great long run!!

TW - i have no idea what you said

Hi Holly!

oh - just received a summons for federal jury between Sept 21-Oct 9 -- should be interesting!!!

denise

TW - i have no idea what you said

...I was just Filling In for tet//////........very  Nice Running/Biking/ and Dipping....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

HermosaBoy

8.25 miles along the Stand starting and finishing in Hermosa Beach.  Smile

Then to my favorite breakfast place...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Mariposai

Wow, Mrs. Hermosaboy is one gorgeous lady.

Enkie, enjoy your "week", We expect daily reports .

Deez4boys, your tri training sounds like so much fun.

TomWhite, thanks for filling in for taper boy.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hats off to you Rtravers – literally. Someone asked her about a non-eye stinging sunscreen. She said “no go – just out it on your face from the eyes down and wear a hat”. So I did and ran a lovely 4 mile loop on our local bikepath.

Hats off and a good day to you Madam!

Haven’t been on for few days and here is what I have …

WildChild – loved hearing about your adventure as a long distance pacer

Amy and Marj - '"Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing …Cause every little thing gonna be all right! "

Rib – still looking into red yeast rice, but I wonder if not finding good info is ‘cause there is a sad paucity of information???

SoHand – RAGBRAI sounds amazing

Tet – yeah on the full-moon swim

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

deez and mari, how did you figure out who my guest is going to be?  I went back thru old posts to see if I had said anything.

I will be too preoccupied for daily posts....but I will update at the end of the week.  It's been a great summer...Wink

Tet - Run with the Fishes 5K has opened for registration.  Since you paced me the first mile, to a lifetime PR last year....I am hoping we can connect again this year.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Wow, Mrs. Hermosaboy is one gorgeous lady.

And she's very nice, too...makes me wonder what she's doing with HermosaBoy...

Enke--even I figured that one out....and we all know how smart I am...

I did 10 miles, tonight.  Absolutely no energy.  Then I mowed the lawn with even less energy.  Then I grilled a couple steaks...while just barely hangin' in.  It's 8:30, now...and I'm going to bed...if I can make it up the stairs...

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

New skirt in town

Yay for no stinging eyes, Kirsten! Hat and sunglasses, and you're a go!

14 miler planned for early tomorrow morning, and then we head up to Maine to visit our son at camp. DH and I did our ballroom dance performance at our showcase today. It was a disappointing performance, and we knew we could have done better. We will keep plugging away, but, boy oh boy, mistakes on the dance floor hit far harder at the ego than on the race course. It's hard to slink away in anonymity. First world problems, though..I'm lucky to have 'em!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet - Run with the Fishes 5K has opened for registration.  Since you paced me the first mile, to a lifetime PR last year....I am hoping we can connect again this year.

thanks enks.  I love the Fishes 5K and salmon BBQ afterwards to say nothing of the jumping dogs running off a runway for distance into a stageside pool.  However, with a number of members of my Japan 100-Marathon Joyful Running Club coming over for the Portland Marathon on the same day, I may be joining them if I can't talk 'em into a Seattle stopover. I sure won't be pacing any PR's anymore though but hope it works out.  Be sure to check in by next weekend or we'll send out a search party.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Hermosaboy - you need to run farther if you are going to eat THAT breakfast....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

HermosaBoy

And she's very nice, too...makes me wonder what she's doing with HermosaBoy...

I resemble that remark.  Wink

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob