Masters Running

Fri Oct 24 Runs and Workouts (Read 502 times)

Good morning, everyone! Hmm, I think I'll have a bacon and bacon fat sandwich for breakfast Smile I noticed a good thread on the main forum with before and after pictures -- some of us are very motivated. See http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/493cf0ddfaed49fcaae877558d5371b0 if you are interested. I needed a recovery day today. 3.2 miles, 29:21, 9:19/mi, AHR 132 Good runs, all. Go racers!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm on page 11 of that thread if anyone wants to see how much I lost. Blush November 1, it will have been a year that I've been at or below my goal weight (I'm 5 pounds below now and holding steady). I love that thread! I still tell people that if I can do it, ANYONE (in good health) can!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Nice recovery run Lou - enjoy that sanwich! Dead Teresa - Congratulations on your weight loss anniversary! I'm going to go check out those pictures. {{{{Erika}}}} How you doin' today Tim-BO??? TGIF! (ho-hum)

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

morning, Lou. bleh!! {{{ erika }}} teresa, wtg. Mary, take good care of yourself. glad they got it all! 30 min. of prehab this morning. on our way to columbus, a memorial service for a very dear aunt. i will see my 3 brothers & my dad, a visit long overdue. we're all close, it's just kind of difficult. we will also meet this guy:. http://chrismohler.wordpress.com/category/art-sculpture-steel-sculpture-sculptor/uncategorized/ should be a full day! any kind thoughts for my piriformis would be appreciated! way too many hours in a car... would a donut pillow help? hope yours are all good.
            Lou. bleh!!
            (we do know that I was joking, based on Roy's "sarnie" recipe yesterday, right?) Smile Teresa - I did look and marvel at all the pictures, but didn't retain all the names - you look great, and congratulations!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mid-20s here in Newburyport, Massachusetts this morning: a hard frost. As a matter of family tradition--OK, because I'm thrifty--we don't turn on the heat till November, and keep the thermostat at 60 degrees all winter. To stay warm, we wear layers in the house, including long underwear when necessary. Maybe I'll start smearing myself with bacon fat--I've heard that helps retain heat. Dark Horse
              I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

Renee the dog

any kind thoughts for my piriformis would be appreciated! way too many hours in a car... would a donut pillow help?
                OH yeah -- piriformis and car ride -- not greta. Haven't tried the donut pillow, but I do change my seat position every hour. I don't know if it is placebo effect, but it sure does seem to help some. I will think good thoughts about your rear end! Evil grin Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Morning everyone... Mary thanks, I am doing fine and NO taper madness what so ever...my shorter runs are keeping me sane, and I like that my legs are starting to recover and feel good. Now maybe next week will be a different story Roll eyes Hey, you guys notice how calm and collected I am after all the freaking out, as I was going through my last hard week of training Cool. Just learning to relax knowing my training is in the bank now, and there is nothing I can do to change anything at this point. 4 easy miles last night with some strider's to get my HR up. I actually twisted my ankle pretty bad during my Weds night 1/2 mile repeats in a pot hole. It still really hurts, but believe it will be fine in a couple of days when the swelling goes down...kinda worried me when I did it, obviously. Well, just finished my bacon and bacon fat sandwich and feel like a slug Big grin This Marathon training really took it out of me. Check out my new Profile picture and see for yourself...need to work on my tan lines though Shocked Happy TGIF TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

5 pain free frosty miles for me this morning. Who knows, maybe I will be able to call myself a runner again soon?
                    Tramps

6 easy but sproinky miles with IRC. Rain coming tomorrow, just in time for my rest day. Good luck to weekend racers!

Be safe. Be kind.

The Jogger

Afternoon Gang Nice recovery run Lou, thanks for posting that thread, hmmmm bacon sarnie's :0 Deb hope all goes well for you, Teresa, the pics of you and weight loss are amazing, DH you would end up licking it off Smile Went out for an 11 miler on a muddy trail, this is Woody after it, hope this works, It was a really nice jog over the hilly trails, bet it doesn't work Anyway: 11m 02:01:46@ 11:04 pace AHR 145 Good Runs All Roy
                          any kind thoughts for my piriformis would be appreciated! way too many hours in a car... would a donut pillow help?
                          I had very good results by sitting on the floor on a tennis ball to get some direct heavy-duty massage in that area. If it hurts like hell when you're doing it, that means you're doing it right. It will feel better when you stop, and should continue to feel better if you do this 2-3 times a day for a few days. Just remember that the trick is to let the pain be your guide to know that you're working over the right area. Hmmm... Just re-read what I wrote above. Are we a bunch of masochists or what? ETA: I think that Mary is still on a buzz from the endorphins she picked up on Sunday. Big grin

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #3309

I'm on page 11 of that thread if anyone wants to see how much I lost. Blush November 1, it will have been a year that I've been at or below my goal weight (I'm 5 pounds below now and holding steady). I love that thread! I still tell people that if I can do it, ANYONE (in good health) can!
                            Teresa, that is absolutely amazing....great job....you are hawt Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I think that Mary is still on a buzz from the endorphins she picked up on Sunday. Big grin
                              Either that or the drugs I'm taking!! Surprised Woody looks like he had a really good run today Roy! TIM!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #3309