Masters Running

Happy March 3/1 Masters Daily - Come on Spring! (Read 402 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Unless your Bill...Grrr, LOL Well, at work early this morning...kidding, but that's prolly what your used to hearing from me latley. I normally can't log on from home with web tv, but could this morning. Since I'm on, I will check out what went on here yesterday. Yesterday - 8.5 super easy miles - 1:17:23 - 9:06 ave pace. This was the pace Bill talked about that I felt like I could have run forever...and could have ran a lot futher. But in my best interest...I didn't. My plan for the week was 30 miles and I have 27 right now. I will run 6 more miles pretty soon, which will give my 33 miles as I inch myself back to the 40/40 group....kewL, as I am building back up slow and easy...for me anyways. Also, I ordered myself a new pair of running shoes online from my favorite running shoe store in Indy (truly a wonderful store with the most helpful staff!) and long sleeve tech shirt...been a little bummed latley, so that lifted my spirits. Hope eveyone has a Nice Sunday, and good runs, if you are doing so. TimBo SGGTK

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Grrrr, again. When at home when I want to edit a post, it is so easy to hit quote instead of modify...web tv really is different if you haven't used it before...sorry.

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

Good morning TimBo and others yet to surface! Tongue Three miles at MP (ha ha, had to throw that in). Renee was with me and we had a lovely time. Super-courteous drivers and several folks who waved, and one older lady, in her Sunday best, slowed, made eye contact and gave me the big thumbs up and a dazzling smile. Yeah, I think it is a good idea to run with a cold. Look what I'd have missed! And on a more practical note, I did get enough out of me yesterday that I slept well last night. One week 'till race day. Three days 'till I'm on vacation. I'm pretty excited and think even if I don't improve health-wise, I'll be fine for race day. Good runs to all today! Happy March!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Hill Runner

Good morning all, I hope your morning was better than mine. It was raining when I started...then the rain became very heavy with temperature about 33F & a 10 MPH wind. All clothes were completely soaked through and I was squeezing my hand and wringing the water out of my gloves about every 10 seconds. Needles to say that my socks and shoes were sloshing & I couldn't feel my fingers anymore. I decided that I had enough and called it a day. This was definitely the worst weather conditions that I have ever run in. 10 miles of hills in complete misery...I stayed in the hot shower for about 20 minutes to warm up....feel fine now Smile Good runs to all today!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

...then the rain became very heavy with temperature about 33F & a 10 MPH wind. ...///...This was definitely the worst weather conditions that I have ever run in.
            Sounds oddly like typical Seattle Marathon weather... Divechief, those CRANK e-gels sound awesome...think I will order some. Thanks.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Peter, now should it rain during your next race, you'll be prepared mentally. You'll be able to tell yourself, "Yeah, this is nothing." Nice work!
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Peter.. that's why I did my long run yesterday (55 and light rain) Big grin nono-- I see you have Spirit of the Marathon in you! Kewl. 3 Magical Healing miles with Tory in 33F wind driven rain (glad it was just 3) 30:27 (10:09 pace, AHR 138)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

First of March and 14F outside? And single-digits coming tomorrow morning? Must have been the reason for the light club turnout this morning: everyone's had about enough of this. 6 miles around the lake at 9:40 pace, well bundled up and comfy in the bright sunshine. Have a good one, everybody!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

"older but not dead yet"

28° with a big snowstorm coming in tonight here in NYC. 8 miles of mostly trails Alex
                    Seeking the interface between the cerebral and the visceral.
                    Tramps

divechief—hey, I was kidding about crank, but those do look interesting. Thanks. Peter—I hear ya, bro. Perch—I admit it; you were the smart one. I was just too tired to head out yesterday and we’re supposed to get 5-9” of snow tonight so there was no putting today's run off until tomorrow either. //Warning: weather whine.// A nasty day to run. 35F with incessant rain and a continuous wind (10-15mph); neither was terrible but over time they took a toll. My glasses were continuously covered in water droplets, which sucks. Shorts were okay but I had two layers on top, which got soaked. I was warm enough except my hands got frozen as my gloves got soaked in the rain. I ended up having to make two quick stops at my parked truck at miles 15 and 18 to refill water, switch my gloves, wring out my shirt, and get a hat on. From the start, I just wanted to get this one over with. It’s a bad sign when you’re already thinking, “Two down, twenty to go.” Physically, I didn’t feel that bad, though my left shin soreness reappeared for a few miles. Mentally, though, I had to work through this one. There was a heated discussion going on in my head between “Don’t be stupid” and “Don’t be a wuss.” At least it was entertaining to listen in. //Whine mode off.// Anyhoo… 22 miles (and not one step more) @ 8:08 pace (but with those untimed stops mentioned above). Once again, brisk pace was mostly wanting to get out of the @#$%! rain. Now a nap in front of the woodstove. Smile

Be safe. Be kind.

King of PhotoShop

12 with the Saint at the lake, low 30's and windy, but we both felt okay. Spareribs
                          Nice Job Tramps... The tempo run yesterday really wiped my legs out....so 10 miles of trails today at an 8:30 pace was all I could manage(I kept threatening to kick my training partner in the knee so he would slow down). Way to go Ribs,you beat me at the wire...
                          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                          stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Tramps--I was supposed to fly into Richmond tonight and drive to Staunton for a couple of days work. I now sit here waiting for US Air to answer their phone after I find that my flight has been cancelled. the announcement said that the expected wait was 2 minutes--right now it feels surprising like 20 minutes Roll eyes I hope I can make it out sometime today and not have TOO much snow. I've had almost enough up here and though I'd be avoiding it by going south. Oh well. And I just found out that I'm re-booked on a flight 1-1/2 hours earlier that gets me in an hour later. I neglected to ask the question why one flight out of the same airport would be canceled and another would not due to weather. Confused My schedule has just gotten compressed. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Kevin, I don't know what the forecast is for Richmond & Charlottesville (they can be quite different from where I am, and from each other) but they've now upped the snow forecast here to 6-10 inches. I'd keep an eye on that. You never know, but if Richmond gets anything like that, be prepared to be more or less stranded. I kid you not. They're totally unprepared for winter weather (no plows, etc) so just a few inches can wreak havoc. The good news is that they'll get I-64 open quickly and you've got a straight shot to Staunton. The bad news is you're heading for the mountains, which typically get much more snow than Richmond. Keep an eye on the forecast and be prepared to hunker down in Richmond. BTW, it's pretty out that way; enjoy it.

Be safe. Be kind.

evanflein

Well we have an absolutely beautiful day shaping up out there... highs forecast for 20, cloudy but with bits of sun to sparkle on all the new $^*#@! snow out there! We got a lot (for us) and more coming today. I ran my 10 on the treadmill last night and it wasn't so bad, so I was thinking toward the end "now that wasn't so bad, just need to double that tomorrow!" So yes... the plan is 20 on the treadmill this afternoon.