Masters Running

1/23 TGIF runs.... (Read 572 times)

Had an early morning run so I'll start the thread today.... Ran an easy five on the Dreadmill....Have a 25k race/marathon warm up run tomorrow morning...weather calls for rain...oh joy....even though I'm not suposed to race hard I'll post my times on Sat. Laters
      I ran an easy 3 miler this morning at 9:10 pace. Just wanted to loosen up the legs with the Miami HM on Sunday. I'm up about 5 to 7 pounds due to excess birthday cakes, oreos, and baby celebration cakes recently. The weight won't help the race, but I'll take my best shot. Porky Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Luck tomorrow Diverdoc!! Today we need to find out what the following two things are: Fizzylifts and Burpees Last night I did 20 minutes of Wii Yoga and then got on the treadmill. I started running but my calves were real tight so I ended up just walking and throwing in some inclines for 30 minutes. This morning I was down on the floor for 300 various crunches and a couple of the RW excercises - but I can't remember what they were called. I think if I got rid of my belly fat I'd have some awesome abs!! Big grin Happy Friday!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

King of PhotoShop

Headed out to run 5, then core work at the Y. Tomorrow I am doing a short tempo run with this guy: Hope he doesn't work me too hard. He looks fast! Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Diverdoc – good luck, and I hope the weather turns out better than predicted. Bill – you certainly have been running well lately. I’m hoping you have a great race for you Sunday. X-training day for me, starting with 2.3 easy-paced miles in the TM, followed by 1.Alternating side lunges (20L, 20R), bench step-ups (20L, 20R). 2. Weighted squats (30), weighted ballet squats (30), split squats (20L, 20R). 3. Single leg bridges (30L, 30R), forward lunges (20L, 20R) Then dumbbell presses, flies, lying hammer curls, butterflies and stability ball crunches. DS turns 12 on the 31st, but because of scheduling problems we have an adult dinner party next weekend, so he will be having his party tomorrow night – 4 boys over for pizza and cake, then Madagascar II at the dollar theatre, followed by a sleepover – staying up till the wee hours of the morning playing Guitar Hero and PS2 and Monopoly – should be interesting. Good thing I’m getting my LR out of the way in the morning instead of Sunday. Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

TGIF Indeed ! Spareribs......The racing flats might be an indication Surprised Thought for the day.......I'm happy to be working. Did a 2fer yesterday. 3 easy on the treadmill. Afternoon run of 5.2 miles in a balmy 40 degs......actually considered shorts but I thought I'd cut the drivers some slack and save them the glare from my white legs. Fantastic swim this morning. A nice 20 lap warm up followed with some drills for a total of 45 laps.....2250 yds.
                Ribs I shall pray for you. For those wondering what a burpee is...http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_Burpees.wmv Holly I need your advice on becoming an early morning runner.
                dg.

good morning! Bill, good luck Saturday! I was trying to remember yesterday, what's the name of your training plan? SR, who is it??? I'm sure everyone else here will know, & I should, but I don't. hope he doesn't hurt you. Wink. quick run post. late as always. I almost didn't go.. awake till after 10:30 & then woke at 3. Wasn't sure if I should do 2 in a row while hammie healing, esp. since I did leg weights too. But it went well! 4:14 miles, 167 ahr, 175 mhr (low for me). 9:22 av. pace, 7:25 max. Miles 10, 9:03, 9:00, 8:59. last bit at 7:44. Hard to stop but did. I was careful with my warm up walk, & active stretching before I ran. Today hurt less then yesterday, which hurt less than Tuesday. yippee! then 18 min. on the bike, upper body weight machines, side planks. happy friday.
                  Slo

Ribs I shall pray for you. For those wondering what a burpee is...http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_Burpees.wmv Holly I need your advice on becoming an early morning runner.
                    That is an AWESOME freakin Garage !

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly I need your advice on becoming an early morning runner.
                      Okay, here's my advice: 1. Look at the weather forecast the night before and lay out your running clothes accordingly. 2. Program the coffeepot to brew right before you get up. 3. Set your alarm 30-40 minutes before you need to be out the door running. 4. Get up and have a large mug of coffee first thing. 5. Dress and go!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hill Runner

Good morning! I'm just checking in here to make sure that y'all aren't slacking off this morning Smile SR...some of us may need some details on the photo. Good luck Bill. I'm still rehabbing the knee and keeping my fingers crossed. I think it's healing and if all goes well I may go for a short test run this weekend. Good runs to all today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                        Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                        Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Cranium - you might have to experitment with the coffee advise. I, for one, do not dare drink it before going out for a pre-dawn run. I get up about 15 minutes before heading out the door. Time enough to let the dogs out, get dressed and go! If you think about it too long - you may not get out the door. Big grin I'm thinking that picture Rib's posted may have been taken before I was born!! Evil grin {{{Roy's Ankle}}} How is it today?

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

Craneium, I do what Holly does, 'cept for the coffee part. I find I do better on my out-and-backs if I have coffee to run back to...so I drink it right after my run. My pace after the turn is always faster. So just the thought of caffeine makes me faster. Smile Rest day for me with just a 25 min yoga session scheduled later. Good luck this weekend racers!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Okay, here's my advice: 1. Look at the weather forecast the night before and lay out your running clothes accordingly. 2. Program the coffeepot to brew right before you get up. 3. Set your alarm 30-40 minutes before you need to be out the door running. 4. Get up and have a large mug of coffee first thing. 5. Dress and go!
                              Excellent advice. I follow most of this. BUT, I go w/o the coffee depending on distance. I hate having to stop and pee in the middle of a run. I wish caffeine had the wake-up effect w/o the diuretic effect Sad. I went to the Y for the first time this morning. I kinda miss my old gym already but the Y was great. Very friendly people. And at least 6 people in full outdoor running gear - there are some groups that run. The pool is awesome. You can look down on it from the weight/cardio room. I kinda watched the folks swimming laps (not in a creepy way). Can't wait to try my first swim workout. But I need to lose a couple inches off the waist before I wear anything other than trunks Shocked. I did my weight workout - mostly Olympic style lifts, squats, power cleans, Bench, pull-ups and dips. Then a very easy run outside. A balmy 20°. Off tomorrow so I'll likely go for a short, easy 3 miles at lunch today too. Good luck Diverdoc and Bill in your races this weekend!

Slo

Excellent advice. I follow most of this. BUT, I go w/o the coffee depending on distance. I hate having to stop and pee in the middle of a run. I wish caffeine had the wake-up effect w/o the diuretic effect Sad. I went to the Y for the first time this morning. I kinda miss my old gym already but the Y was great. Very friendly people. And at least 6 people in full outdoor running gear - there are some groups that run. The pool is awesome. You can look down on it from the weight/cardio room. I kinda watched the folks swimming laps (not in a creepy way). Can't wait to try my first swim workout. But I need to lose a couple inches off the waist before I wear anything other than trunks Shocked. I did my weight workout - mostly Olympic style lifts, squats, power cleans, Bench, pull-ups and dips. Then a very easy run outside. A balmy 20°. Off tomorrow so I'll likely go for a short, easy 3 miles at lunch today too. Good luck Diverdoc and Bill in your races this weekend!
                                EGH......Trust me on the suit......Swimming in trunks is a drag ! You can't imagine the difference between wearing jammers and swim Cap Vs a pair of baggy trunks. It will make your swim a whole lot more enjoyable! Besides, it swimming, not a fashion show. Funny......I tell my kids the same thing when they tell how ridiculous I look in my winter tights Big grin