Masters Running

Happy TGIF Master Run and Workouts (Read 441 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning everyone... I kept feeling a lot better yesterday and I did indeed feel like running....had a 10 miler in my head. Then I had this
    Tim, if you come home today feeling like a new man, DO NOT RUN
    stuck in my head like a broken record. I was a good boy and did not run, and I stayed at work late on purpose so I wouldn't be tempted. To show I am learning to me smarter and more patient about running this year...last year I would have ran anyways regardless of what anyone thought or said to me. So, 0 miles again which is bringing back some fond memories of the battle of "non" running between Twokittycat -Tet - and myself, Will run a few miles today to loosen and works my legs a little. Then back to real training with a wave run tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good day Smile Your friend TimBo PS: I can't really give a lot of details right now, but most know about Chrysler and it's demise. Well, we had some GM rep's and consultants at my work yesterday and said General Motors will follow suit, but to a MUCH larger degree. I hate to be a negative person. But these people said with what GM will do at the end of this month has the potential to put the nail in the coffin to our economy....this will affects millions of people and there families. I will give more info as I get it. Chrysler is closing 800 Dealerships, GM will close many many more than this along with many factories where vehicle are built. I work at one a the biggest - well producing dealerships in the Midwest, so this dealership and my job will be secure for now...we are number one is sales right now, and my Body Shop is the number one producing shop in Indiana Smile This will probably interest Twocat more than most

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Tim, the US Auto Industry is truly in a bad way. And many will be suffering as a result. Business is about making money and being profitable. One of the drawbacks of the Global economy is the reality that Labor costs and standards of living are cheaper elsewhere. Business goes where profits lead. Cry This morning I did a little cross training just to get the blood pumping. 20 minutes of rowing (aka the sweat-machine) followed by 20 minutes of legs and core work. I didn't have a lot of time but wanted to get something done anyway. Thanks for the various comments to my questions yesterday. Most of the answers tended toward a "take the Garmin vs. not" discussion, which was helpful. But I may not have been very clear (imagine that!). What I was really looking for was some comments on how I should approach hitting the right pace for that day -whether or not that "right pace" happens to be a hoped-for BQ MP. Last year I ran at BQ MP pace and stuck with it until it became clear I couldn't carry it all the way. In essence I went out too fast. Dr. Dale commented after that race that I should have let the pace and race "come to me" rather than try to force a certain pace. No further comments please. I've pretty well decided on a plan and know what I'm going to do on race day. Smile Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

My 2 week sit down is over. Went out with Renee for a 2 miler at MP (8:55 - 9:00ish). Felt good. The dog was very psyched because she ran first with Bayside, then me. Bayside has a 10K tomorrow in Kennett Square, PA. Odds are, he won't write up a race report, but I'll ask him... Tried wearing my heart rate monitor slightly differently. Either that didn't go well, or I managed a maximum heart rate of 205 out there.... Good luck weekend racers! (esp. Bayside...)

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Morning, gang! Tim - glad to hear you are feeling better and your job isn't in jeopardy. Bill - good luck with your plan for race day. All my sproink is used up for the week. I was hoping for rain this morning so I could justify a slow run on the treadmill. The rain passed through overnight, so it was just foggy and a tiny bit drizzly this morning. Time for Plan B. I ended up doing 7 miles at MP on the CC track. At least I didn't have to worry about skunk encounters. Hoping for ideal racing conditions for our weekend runners. Good runs everybody!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Slo

Good Morning Masters ! Great swim today. I've spent a signifigant amount of time working on my technique and it is paying huge dividends. I went from swimmimg 1000 yards in 19 mins down to swimming it in 17 mins with the same precieved exertion. This is not a fitness issue, it's an issue of getting yourself thru the water efficiently. Storms here all day. I'm putting in a half day here at work hoping to get a quick 10miler in on my Tri Bike followed by a 10 - 15 min transition run then it'll be off to Galena IL for packet pick up. There's a new bike course and run course so I'll drive those.......I hear told that the courses are even hillier than the old bike and run course. My bike training leaves much to be desired this year so I'll need to lean heavily on the swim and the run. Great runs to all !
            Mariposai

Timbo, here is a butterfly hug for you for RESTing yesterday. Yeah, bad news about the economy...but we can smell that already, right? more people being without work in my already impoverish county. twocat, you need a butterfly hug too for keeping our spirits up.Wink self-proclaimed "queen of the day" is checking in here. Today is mother's day back home, so I decided to put on my crown, sit on my throne and reign my kingdom. First order of the day: order for the house to be cleaned; the grass to be mowed and all meals to be served at my feet . Yesterday afternoon: 7 miles with 4x800m at 3:57, 3:57, 3:56, 3:56 all by feel. Could have done one or two more, but there was no need for it. Today: 3 recovery miles plus 30 minutes of yoga...got to stretch and strengthen this old body. Biking to work today then back home again. I love flex days.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

self-proclaimed "queen of the day" is checking in here. Today is mother's day back home, so I decided to put on my crown, sit on my throne and reign my kingdom. First order of the day: order for the house to be cleaned; the grass to be mowed and all meals to be served at my feet .
                Have the subjects stopped laughing yet? Wink

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Was not going to run today but I think a very easy 30 miute run will be good for the nerves and body. Tapering is hard...worried about weight gain....Now where is that box of donuts. Take care Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Hill Runner

Good morning gang, No run so far today, maybe later tonight. Speaking about Queen of the day...back in the 50's I remember watching a game show called "Queen for a Day" ..how times have changed... Big grin http://www.tvparty.com/games2f.html

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

biketm I feel for the many people working at the dealers that will be closing and in need of new employment. I also feel for the owners of these shops that will see their valuable franchises go instantly down to near zero. It is unfortunate that the way things have evolved this reorganization is happening all at once like this. Assuming your dealership survives the good news for it and its staff is that with others removed yours should end up expanding. Best of luck to you in these difficult times. Funny reading all the views about using a Garmin yesterday. Mine actually come pretty close to those of Spareribs although interestingly our solutions differ. In most races mile markers are your best bet for determining your pace. It is just a matter of if you can use your Garmin for nothing more than a stopwatch during the race. If not then I would go with Spareribs and get a stopwatch. If you can, which is what I do, bring along the Garmin. About the track . . . well I show up on tracks with my Garmin! But it does make a good stopwatch! After I can then download all the data and see the (ok, nearly useless) details! nonoruns if the X05 models are not more accurate than the X01 models were then I am secretly Napoleon Bonaparte reincarnated. Smile

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

xor

It's bike to work day, or as I like to call it, "Downtown Seattle's Day of Terror". I forgot to say yesterday that I witnessed a hit-and-run (car hit van) yesterday morning. I was almost the car who was hit, but chicky chick barely missed me... clipped the van in front of me... and continued on her merry way. I did get her plate number, though.

Only managed 3 at lunch yesterday so ran 5 after work w/ DH--just perfect weather, the crabapple trees are blooming, tulips and other flowers in full regalia, maybe even lilacs by this weekend! We had fun; wish I could say the same about all The Boston teams Sad. I remember "Queen for a Day," too--each lady got up and claimed to be more pathetic than the one before. Most had disabled children, laid off husbands, and falling apart houses. It was sad. Soooo glad it's Friday--it's been a hard week at work--court ran long almost every day and I have to spend a part of today finding my desk under a blizzard of files, and I don't even want to look to see how many calls there are waiting to be returned. Ouch! Still, it's good to be working and I don't take that for granted. grins, A
                          Masters 2000 miles

King of PhotoShop

Thanks a lot Aamos, for caving to the hated Angels. At least I hope you tired them out over 12 innings. I too recall that game show with Jack Bailey; an old one. Isn't is just like Breger to come in here yesterday and stir up a lot of trouble about Garmins and then after he gets everyone all upset he posts today, "no more comments please." I still haven't gotten to that post I said I would write about the body adapting to distance running without supplements, but it is in my head. Twocat and I need to work on this some more, and I would like to hear others' experiences. 4.5 slow today on the dirt, followed by flex workout at the Y. Spareribs

#artbydmcbride

Ribsey, my theory is it's only when I am forcing my body to look for fuel and convincing it that the stomach isn't going to deliver, that forces it to turn to the stored fat for sustenance. This becomes a pattern often enough that it makes the switch part of the distance running mode.

Runners run