Masters Running

Vermont City Marathon (Read 393 times)

So, who's doing it? I've heard a couple of whispers about it....anybody?

Manchild

I'm registered.. Very excited.. charleygross@yahoo.com. Let me know.. Chris Good luck, if I don't see you! Wink

Ultrachick

I've already started four times and finished it three times and am saving myself for a trail marathon the following weekend. And no one has even asked me to fill in on a relay team so I guess I'll be one of those spectators witha cup of coffee in my hand, hanging out at one of the cafes on Church St watching everyone go by. My SO is running in it so I'll be cheering him on. Have fun and enjoy the run! Kelly
        If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
          HAving finished today's marathon, I feel the fates may allow me to start focusing on the VCM! I am here in the hotel lobby, monopolizing the computer, and must sign off soon, so I'll be in touch, if the good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise [who used to say that, fellow Boomers??] once I'm home. I understand there is Ben & Jerry's as a race perk.......this could become a regular marathon for me if that is indeed true, and there is some left after the half and the speedy people get through. grins, A
          Masters 2000 miles
            Aamos---Any chance you'll be visiting further south after VCM? I'll be in Buffalo running a half-marathon on May 25, but home in the Pioneer Valley that evening. If you are traveling through let me know! There is indeed Ben and Jerry's at VCM and if you have time, you can go visit the factory and get free samples at the end of the tour. I think it's still in Waterbury, VT. Come visit and I'll take you to Steve's (Herrell's) for some smoosh-ins. Karin
            busiman

Running out of mistakes!

I'm definitely coming. I'm hoping for a nice tailwind the whole way (tough to get in a non point-point race). It'd be great to connect before of after the race! Amy, I used to work for this crazy guy, Charles/Dwayne in the early 80s that used to say it every morning. I wonder if that is who you're referring to? :-P
              -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
              also on Twitter
                CNY--I'm not renting a car, as my hotel has a shuttle and it's less than 2 miles from the airport Sad We will meet again in the near future, I promise. I'd really love it, and once I get the 50 states, I am going to just plan runs that are meaningful to me, so we will hook up, if you truly want to do so. I would be honored to run with you. Good Luck in Buffalo! My uncle used to be Superintendent of Schools in Warren PA, just south of Buffalo, so I know the area. Have fun! OK, so VCM folks-- I thought $25 for the pasta dinner was a bit spendy. Anyone up for meeting Saturday night for a meal somewhere? It's a college town and there has to be good places to carbo-load. Let me know if anyone is interested. Kelly, it would be great to meet you--are you up for dinner Saturday, or something else? I get in late Friday, am at the host hotel (sheraton). Please feel free to contact me, I'd love to meet RAers! grins, A chris, please reply!!! I want to meet you before the race!!!
                Masters 2000 miles

Manchild

CNY--I'm not renting a car, as my hotel has a shuttle and it's less than 2 miles from the airport Sad We will meet again in the near future, I promise. I'd really love it, and once I get the 50 states, I am going to just plan runs that are meaningful to me, so we will hook up, if you truly want to do so. I would be honored to run with you. Good Luck in Buffalo! My uncle used to be Superintendent of Schools in Warren PA, just south of Buffalo, so I know the area. Have fun! OK, so VCM folks-- I thought $25 for the pasta dinner was a bit spendy. Anyone up for meeting Saturday night for a meal somewhere? It's a college town and there has to be good places to carbo-load. Let me know if anyone is interested. Kelly, it would be great to meet you--are you up for dinner Saturday, or something else? I get in late Friday, am at the host hotel (sheraton). Please feel free to contact me, I'd love to meet RAers! grins, A chris, please reply!!! I want to meet you before the race!!!

Manchild

Well, I'm on a 7 am ferry tomorrow.. Staying at my sisiter's in Plainfield Vermont which is about an hour and fifteen minutes south on Rte 89. Gonna pick up my "packet" tomorrow between 4 and 5 and hoping to lay low on Sat. and sat. night. Will be up early Sun, obviously and probably be shooting to arrive in Burlington by 7-7:30...Race day. charleygross@yahoo.com me and I can supply you with a cell number if you'd like. Chris
                      OK, I emailed you Chris. I get in tonight. I'll be wearing a red cap and maniac yellow, so let's at least try and meet up after the race if all else fails!
                      Masters 2000 miles
                        I'm definitely coming. I'm hoping for a nice tailwind the whole way (tough to get in a non point-point race). It'd be great to connect before of after the race! Amy, I used to work for this crazy guy, Charles/Dwayne in the early 80s that used to say it every morning. I wonder if that is who you're referring to? :-P
                        I was referring to Tennessee Ernie Ford, a TV personality from my youth. Say, I'm at the host hotel, so do stop by and say hello when you get your packet! (Otherwise, unless you hang around the finish, there's no way I'll find you!) I'm going in tonight. Really hope to see you! grins, A
                        Masters 2000 miles
                        busiman

Running out of mistakes!

We're driving up from Boston in an hour or two. I probably won't get my number 'til tomorrow morning. Drop me an email craig at (avoid feeding spam-bots) transitionaldata dot com with your cell and we can triangulate. :-)
                          -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                          also on Twitter

Ultrachick

Amy, I was thinking of going to a couple of the seminars on Sat afternoon-Train & Race Smart is being given by a friend of mine and the Periodization seminar after. Thanks for the dinner invite but I think family obligations will over rule the evening. Jack is volunteering at the Expo tonight so I'll be hanging around for a little bit tonight as well. Kelly
                            If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                              Amy I'll buzz your room when I pick up my packet, 'round 12:30 or so. I'll be easy to spot at the post-race Ben and Jerry's affair: I'll be the one face down in the tub of Wavy Gravy. Good luck, everyone! Walt
                                Walter! Such a lovely message you left, but no way to reach you, erg! I do hope to find you at the finish! Thanks so much for calling. If you are checking in, know that I'll be looking for you and please to look for me--remember, yellow shirt, red hat, and my # is 2497. Yes, it was so lovely today, I couldn't stay indoors -- did take the free yoga class at 10, however, and enjoyed it more than I thought I would! I had a sample scoop of B&Js for breakfast, how decadent is that? Yum! Then I found an Indian Restaurant for lunch, we are lacking in those in SD. O drat, I'm just sorry I missed you. Have fun tomorrow, if you are reading this, and I will look for you! grins, A
                                Masters 2000 miles