Masters Running

Saturday - In the Park (Read 34 times)

Slo

I think it was the Fourth of July.

A little Chicago to start your day. (Providing you are reading this sometime in the morning.)

A very nicely paced 7.5 miles this morning. Now it will be eyes to the sky the rest of the day in anticipation of the predicted storms to come. My guess is between 4 and 6. About the time I'd like to be standing over the grill.

I met up with a fellow who has been following our trail work. We met up for a night ride. This was my first night time trail ride in probably 20 years. What a blast.

Mike E

MM #5615

I think you're right...weren't there some people dancing...and laughing?  Oh...and someone selling ice cream...

Slo

I think you're right...weren't there some people dancing...and laughing?  Oh...and someone selling ice cream...

I just looked at the calendar. Guess what day the 4th falls on.

wildchild

Carolyn

Mike, you had me at "ice cream!" 

I have quite a few friends running and pacing at Bighorn 100 today - they started at 11 am yesterday, and should finish this afternoon sometime.  Hope they're doing well!

I'm off for an early (for me) trail run - before it gets too warm.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Saturday in the park indeed. Today is art in the park and we have a hoop fest in town. The group who  is organizing this event helped us at the orchards in bloom,  so it is our turn to help.

MikeE, it is time to look at that resume again and layoff should never be on your shoulder alone. Praying for a new job for you.

No running today. My legs were sore from yesterday's efforts.

Now, off to clean the windows, the Twocats are coming tomorrrow....HURRAY.  what to cook? What to cook?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SubDood

Oh...and someone selling ice cream...

... singing Italian songs?

King of PhotoShop

Today the hobby or pastime of the city of Coppell seems to be photography or videography, as everyone is out there filming the swollen rapidly flowing rivers and creeks and being in awe of the flooding. Foot bridges are underwater in my local park, and the runners have to use a bit of imagination to find a course.  People talking, really smiling, a man playing guitar singing for us all.

The Saint and I got in 4.1 at easy pace running along the Elm Fork and seeing it edge up the back lawns of some of the beautiful homes along it.  Quite a frightening site.  North Texas, as many of you know, is all flat, so there is nowhere for the water to go.

Well, tomorrow is a big day at Spare Tire's house, as he hosts the whole family.  We celebrate Prime Rib's birthday which was June 7th but he was at Hilton Head on vacation.  We also celebrate Hudson's 19th birthday which in fact is tomorrow, the 21st.  (Will we help him change the world?  Can you dig it?  Yes you can.)

All of this puts a big damper on Father's Day as you might guess, because my anticipated receipt of massive loot will be diluted by others getting gifts for the boys and not focusing on me, the one who deserves the most love and presents.  But I'll pull through I guess. Spareribs

A man playing guitar
                  Singing for us all
                  Will you help him change the world

After this past week, I think a little changing might be in order!

Thanks for all of the shout out folks – I carry this group with me on all my runs, but wish I had more time to put my posts where my heart is.

Today was a lovely 5 miles, along the Mystic River, and along a newly developed boardwalk.

Good luck to our races! I was so excited about Ilene’s Taco Tuesday 5K that I just spilled my coffee

06/20 evanflein - Midnight Sun Run 10k

06/20 milktruck - Close to the Coast 10K, Freeport, ME

06/20 Deez4boyz - Patriot 70.3 East Freetown, MA

06/20 Opie - Choctaw Challenge 5k, Choctaw, OK

06/21 henrun -BAA 10k, Boston MA

06/21 Ileneforward - Run 4 Autism 10k, LB CA

06/23 Ileneforward - Taco Tuesday XC 5K, LB CA

PS Ilene - I think you now owe me a coffee Wink

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Wow, what a bunch of old people.   of course,Chicago was one of the first "rock" groups I likdd in high school .  I led a sheltered childhood. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

- Breakfast with Cindy

- 7.11 mile run ( not really smart after a Belgian waffle, bacon and coffee)

- Cut the grass

-  Get the house ready for a showing

And now sit in Culver's eating a Reese's Cup Concrete Mixer to kill time until I can go back home.

I got the basement dry and the carpet back down without breaking anything. I extended the two downspouts on the back of the house about four more feet so the water goes down the yard where it slopes away from the house which is what the water restoration guys told me to do to fix the problem.

Starr, I'm sorry to hear of your brother in law's cancer.  I hope the surgery and follow up will do the job.  It sounds like you are having a relative filled vacation, the best kind.  Also, congrats on the three years.

Nice long runs for Twocat and Mike.

This morning, it was in the mid 50s and there was a light breeze.  I got in 8 miles at a real slow 12:17 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  So  ran a 5K and won a gift card (grandmaster; 22:48, it was hotish), got in 2 miles before and 2 more after.

REALLY Antsy........tapering is icky.

Get to do something tomorrow at least, at least double digits. ?.......

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Sayhey! MM#130

Oh, and the race was in the park....Sugden, so it was the Sugden Stride.   Italian songs are opera!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

wildchild

Carolyn

Tselbs, 12:17 is NOT a real slow pace!   I ran 13.3 miles at a 15:22 average pace!  I don't even care about pace when I run trails, though.  Gorgeous day today.

Posie, you clean the windows when you're having guests come?  Wow, you set the bar pretty high!  I'm more with Erika, vacuuming every 3 weeks...

LaT, I agree with you that after this week some change is in order. Sad that this stuff has become "normal" in this country.

Happy solstice!

Amy - you posted at the same time I did.  I wanted to add that I couldn't agree more that tapering is icky!  I should start tapering for my 50k next Saturday, I guess, but the weather is so nice I just want to run, run, run!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

I'm more with Erika, vacuuming every 3 weeks...

Well... I try to do it more often than that! It just hasn't worked out recently. I used to work with a woman who redid the flooring and painted the house before her sister came to visit! Now that's going a little overboard...