Masters Running

Monday, 23 July 2012 (Read 460 times)

Mariposai

Wow...what a slow Monday around here.

Ohh Wiseone! thanks for the answers! The winner with 9 correct answers is pretty smart, if you asked me!

Tselbs, great to hear that your carpet is in place. I had to wait for mine for over 4 months Sad. Enjoy the rest of the furniture as they appear.

Rochrunner, climbing dunes! how fun. I have to remember to google that place.

Mary, funny, funny, funny! I guess the frog had a free show Smile

Tamster, great to see you back. Stayhomecations are fun! 

Well, it was 5 fun zombies mission miles for me this afternoon. Just as Karin, the rest of the summer is going to be slow building up miles for me, so I am running sans garmin.

The rest of the summer, I also plan to spend more time on the bike Clown...this I can run 10 miles faster than I can bike is getting old...Roll eyes

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #3309

None of my business I know, Tim.  And I haven't really been following all her training.  But is it wise for Donna to run a Trail Marathon - her first ever race - if she had some trouble finishing off her 14 mile run on Saturday?

Bill

Oops Bill...............we're running the 1/2 trail marathon. I wouldn't do that to the poor girl Smile  Will be a good experience for her.

I got in around 10 miles tonight - very rough run but got it done....but had a few walk breaks. It was sunny and 98 when I began, and was sweltering out there. I've never ran in this stuff before, that I can remember.

Good night all....

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Laughing with you, Mary, not at you. Cool

I took today off from running.  Two days in a row - that hasn't happened in awhile, but it felt oh so good!  Two more days of work and running, and then I'M OUTTA HERE!  Can you tell I'm excited? Big grin

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Bushrat Runner

Wow Francesca. I know Tet thinks I'm crazy, but I've never reached 26.2 miles and thought..."Wow, I wish that was longer..." 

So I guess I'm not crazy enough to race off for an ultra tomorrow. But I was crazy enough to run 17 today. Practicing for the Valley Road Run, it was made real to me that while I've done okay getting in some miles this summer, I haven't done well...only okay...

So now I have that delicious tiredness where even my eyes feel tired. And we are all covered in bug bites. When I get back to civilization, I may try to post the video of the anti-mosquito war dance that was happening at the turn-around overlook.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Mariposai - A “seat” is okay the first time but, when you get back in it again it’s something else.  Check with Gene Autry or Aerosmith or, better yet, Tramp’s Tribee, Timbee or Bregerbee.  Watch out for the cooling breezes on hot days as you still need plenty, if not more, hydrating.  

Dave -- hurry up and take your shower tomorrow morning so  you can tell us if Annabee got to the right Jackson okay.

timbee - glad you were able to listen to bregerbee and'll only be going half way with Donna.

Econo-sensi: hope you can get a TransPacific on the schedule sometime soon.  

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

but DH and I played in our club's annual husband/wife golf tournament. We tied for 1st place with a round of 15 under par! The format was best ball of 2 and we seemed to bail each other out when one of us was having a bad hole. Also won $160 on some side bets. I think my DH will keep me until next year Smile

Sweet!  DH and I play in an every-other-week couples golf league, a just-for-fun league with a different game each time (DH and I actually run the league this year, so we pick the game.)  We are not terrific golfers, but the prize last week went to the team that had the fewest putts, and DH and I tied with another team for first place - very fun!

Mary - Big grin

No run for me on Monday, just 30-40 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

"Drape dragging" Big grin   Oh the wonderful benefits of being color blind.  I never get asked to do stuff like that.

Daughter and granddaughter made it through multiple delays to Jackson, MS.  They landed 5 hours later than expected after delays in both Detroit and Atlanta but that isn't too bad compared to not making it.

My daughter so carefully planned the itinerary so she would land in Jackson about when her friend was dropping her husband off at the airport.  Trying to save her an extra trip (with her 6 month old baby).  I never thought the plan had a chance of succeeding but it was a nice try.

Annabelle showed her appreciation for getting up at 4:15am by having a couple crying fits, but she did pretty good overall.  Apparently she slept the whole flight from Detroit to Atlanta.  I bet the other passengers appreciated that.  When I dropped them off here at the Midland airport, Annabelle was crying going through security.  As I walked away I said, "I hope she isn't like that the whole way on the plane".  I got a few funny looks from people in the security line.  I don't think they picked up on the humorous tone of my voice.

I can't get motivated to run today.  HELP!  I'm sitting here in my running clothes drinking coffee and eating peanut butter cookies that I baked during an extremely boring conference call yesterday afternoon.  I've got a 42 day running streak on the line. Roll eyes