Masters Running

Saturday and it's Cold Outside....... (Read 34 times)

33-degrees this morning

............luckily I wasn't Outside..........PoolRunning Day

=========

.............44-min PoolRun,,,,,,,,back bugging me, so had to wear belt

.............good running and Racing to the rest of you

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

Good morning TW and all to follow.  It was either 32 or 36 here this morning depending on which thermometer you used.

I plodded through a 10 mile run.  Never felt like I was in the swing of things but I needed a double digit run and a different color on my training log bar graph so I gutted it out.

It's Bridge Day today. Live feed here: http://officialbridgeday.com/live-stream/

See people jump off a bridge.

I went to this a long time ago. Pretty amazing in person.

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning everybody!  And happy...Bridge Day...

Yep--it was cold out here, too, and I was out in it.  This will more than likely be my last run with the cross country team until next year.  There will be one more Saturday practice for the kids who make State the weekend after my marathon, but it probably be the boys and I won't do them any good, anyway.  Kind of sad...actually.  I'm not sure if I've ever told you guys how much I love running with those kids...but I sure do love running with those kids.

I got in 7 miles in 51:20 with a mix of warm up speed and more speed and cool down.

Okay--it is crunch time!  I have to get my sermon done!  So, I'll have to ask you guys to keep it down in here a little bit.  Sorry...but, tomorrow is Sunday and I really haven't even started it.  See ya!

37 here when I went out at 6am!! Wish I pushed myself out and up a little earlier because my dh wanted to leave for the Cape by 8am - time to visit his parents. Ran 6.7 crispy miles watching the sun come up - wore a compression type tank top under my long sleeve and think it helped my ribs feel better. So glad to be out there again!

Wishing great races and running to all!!

Following the updates on my friends at Ironman Maryland today!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

57-degrees for 15 miles of cycling here and there.

Maybe I'll go back to the paddling fair and try it out.

Got the last 12 remnant blackberries of the year at my favorite patch

Neat hot-link about Bridge Day in Tennessee.

Don't tell TW about it.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

Took the Saint to a 10K trail run this morning, her first ever. Very technical course. She loved it!  I won the 60 and over AG with a very slow time.  Had to walk up and down many of the steep hills.  We had a good time.

Tomorrow afternoon I leave for Seattle, and then on to Spokane later in the week.  See you next week.  Spareribs

New skirt in town

Lovely 42F this morning, and the sun peeked out. I was ready for an easy taper 12-miler, with 2 weeks to go until my marathon. But...I felt achy and cranky all over and decidedly unmotivated. When I finally made my way outside, every step was an effort, a difficult one. Nothing hurt, I just felt like I had nothing in the tank. I slept well, fueled well, and yet the wheels fell off almost before I'd begun.

Maybe the combination of my 10 MP miles followed by 18.5 easy miles last Monday left me more fatigued than I had given credit for? In any case, I shut it down early and slogged home for 9.5 miles total. I figure there wasn't much training benefit in making myself miserable.

I've  honestly never felt quite this depleted, so unexpectedly. Wondering what to do with these next few days. Follow the taper training plan? Or take a few days off completely? This is my 14th marathon, so you'd think I'd have this down pat by now, but I'm in foreign territory with this!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  Stumps, you're a keeper any ol way, but yes, y'all are cute when you're jealous......and wild better take that costume home as there might be some explaining to do if she showed up without it.

Cooler here today too.    Sleeveless shirt instead of a bra top.

Robin, sounds as if a day or two of NOT running would be much more beneficial for you.  You won't lose conditioning and you may gain the pep you need.

We have a new farmers market and we can walk to it!  That's the one kind of shopping I really enjoy.  So good!  Now I get to figure out what to make; DH is at The Martian so I'm sure he'll appreciate a plant based menu, yes?

Just 14+ at a pace much slower than Mike's.  We have a 10 mile Rocktoberfest tomorrow.  There was a 10K on Sanibel this am I did Not run.  Last year, I raced them both.  Gadzooks, perhaps I am learning a thing or two?  ......nah, me neither.

have a good evening

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mike E

MM #5615

Done!  Done!  Done!  I am done writing the sermon!  I even went and got a haircut.  Man, what a relief!  Now all I have to do is stand up in front of everybody and give it...oh, crap!  I have to stand up in front of everybody and give a sermon tomorrow!  The relief felt good while it lasted.

Marathon Maniac #957

I plodded through a 10 mile run.  Never felt like I was in the swing of things but I needed a double digit run and a different color on my training log bar graph so I gutted it out.

BTDT

TomWhite - very glad you weren't poolrunning outside today.

Ribs - sounds like a fun run, and well done on the AG win.

Mike - Whew!  I was getting worried...

Robin - what Amy said....

No run for me today- get used to it folks, I am not going to jeopardize this extraordinarily expensive dental work by not following orders.  As it is I will be paying my stepdad $100/month for the rest of his life on the loan for this.  He did tell me, however, that I can stop payments if he dies before I am done. 

We are supposed to get down to 28 degrees tonight, so I put some sheets over my kale and carrots.  If we get through tonight ok we should have a couple weeks more before I have to harvest the rest.

49 minutes of P90X Core Synergistics.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

The relief felt good while it lasted.

.... Smile

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

Taper well, Robin.

Spareribs will be in Spokane?  Only 3 hours from me. Not fair.

A busy day here, one filled with parties. A little girlfriend's 2nd birthday party and then a baby shower tonight.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Bridge day?  I ran over the Brooklyn Bridge today, and back again, with Herr Wegetarian.  Then we hopped on an airplane and I am feasting my way across the U.S. on airport and airplane food...

Hey Twocat -- I bought Ben Bernanke's book at the airport, and it's AUTOGRAPHED!!  Be still, my nerdy heart.

evanflein

Bridge Day? Who knew? (ok, apparently Dave did....)

Robin, you probably just need a day or so off. I had that earlier this summer and I took a rest day and made sure to rest. Made a huge difference.

Holly, guess what! That broken crown I have? When they took it off the tooth was cracked on both sides down into the root. So... I'll be doing what you're doing soon, but I only have the one (thank goodness!). Hope you heal up quickly and uneventfully.

Good for you on the trail run, Ribs. Those annoyingly cheerful trail runners are good for you!

Whew, good job, Mike! And yeah, that standing up in front of everyone to give it... ha, better you than me. And I'm sure those kids liked running with you, too.

So this is a pattern I don't care for: it was beautiful all week with clear blue skies and bright sunshine, temps getting up into the low 40's most of the week. Saturday comes and we have completely overcast grey skies, drippy drizzly spitty rain and temps barely hitting upper 30's. Tomorrow will be pretty much more of the same, and then it'll get kind of nice again for the work week. Hey, WTH?? Although we might get some snow showers on Monday but the rest of the week looks pretty nice. But our weekend is really pretty dreary. That really bugs me.

6.6 miles in the misty drippy stuff, then went to our running club end of year awards banquet. I won my age group, and 3rd overall for the race series (with a nice Brooks jacket), and a special shirt (that's a bit too small) for running all the races in the series. Cool!