Masters Running

Friday May 23 Here Comes The Holiday Weekend Runs (Read 34 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Looking forward to a great holiday weekend, with some wonderful weather on tap!

Good luck to the weekend racers!

5.2 easy-paced miles for me this morning in 55 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Good morning Holly.

Go racers go!!!

Speaking of racers I have a fun 5k race today at the local indian school as part of their sunflower festival. I am thinking to jog it, It will be in the hot and humid around 80f, so I am just going to jog it to support their race.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

mari - don't hold back just because some otherwise wise people who never used to whine about the weather are starting to whine too even thougth they're sitll working up to running pace.  In fact, use it as a pretent 5K negative sprint in your upcoming marathon?  Is it the North Olympic Discovery Marathon in Squim where you're going?  If you don't tell ilene, it doesn't count. I thought you did it already.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Good Morning!

Leslie arrived yesterday about 5 pm, we had a nice visit, good lasagna and hopefully she got a decent night's sleep, even though apparently Bella had to go visit her and make sure she was okay around 2 a.m.

Leslie left this morning about 6 a.m. to head up to Portland, a 4 hr drive. And we're hoping to leave in about an hour to head up north also for David's state meet.  Weather should be great for him - mid 60's, 25% chance of rain. hopefully no wind though.

Tammy

King of PhotoShop

Missed you all yesterday with a big day of just errands to do.  All is fine.

I've been walking every day and I think next week I'll try to pick up the pace a bit.  I've gotten rid of a great deal of my guilt for not taking Lucy von Sheltie with me all those days when I ran, as I've taken her to the park most days to walk.  But today we walked about 50 meters and she just plain quit. I couldn't get her to budge, so brought her home and taking the day off.

Maybe the dog knows when I should take a day off and that's how she tells me? Who knows?  Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Maybe the dog knows when I should take a day off and that's how she tells me? Who knows?  Spareribs

I think that Lucy is a smart dog. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Weird about Lucy, Ribs.

Yeah for Noah!!!

Rest day - I ran across an intersection yesterday and my knee went $#%#$!!, letting me know it does not like running two days in a row.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Henrun

I think that Lucy is a smart dog. 

+1

Bought new shoes at the NB factory store this morning. It was such a good deal altho I really don't need another pair. I may soon have collection to equal that of Ribs.

Went for a 2.5 run around the Reservoir and felt good (not in the new shoes).

The last 2 evenings have been great fun. 2 nights ago I played a duet with my jazz piano playing friend and last night was the last sax group lesson of this school year (adult education). 5 of the 6 of us sowed up fora 2 hour blast!

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Take it easy enke - listen to your knee.  But if you talk to your knee, you will be just like Gary Busey.

Took a lunch spin class.  Got a little sweaty.  Because it was a stationary bike, I will log it as zero miles.

Hey Spare Ribs - dogs really do sense things you may not - Lucy knows.

May run after work today - depends if the gear dries out in the car this afternoon.  Nothing like putting on a clammy t-shirt and sopping shorts. Yikes.

Good luck to the racers this weekend!

C-R

Hi All.

Very busy work week so not much posting or reading. We are going to take a weekend at a lake cabin and relax with some family friends and their kids. Perhaps I can catch up a bit.

Smart dog Ribs. She sounds like a proper trainer for you. ;-)

I bought a pair of skecher gorun 3's last weekend and what a great shoe. Only about 30 miles on them but if they last like my NB's I may have to switch brands.

Have a great weekend and good luck racers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Bought new shoes at the NB factory store this morning. It was such a good deal altho I really don't need another pair. I may soon have collection to equal that of Ribs.

I'm not sure the words need and running shoes are ever used in the same sentence in my house. As a PE teacher I wear running shoes every day and I'm a little fanatical about my running shoes matching what I'm wearing.

Ribs, Maybe Lucy wanted you to take a break. It is amazing how perceptive animals can be.

Mariposai hoping Tet doesn't bully you too much.

Tammy, please no mentions of lasagna unless you bring enough for all of us.

No runs for me for a little while yet but my knee is making improvements.

Dave59

I'm here in Buffalo after 2 successful border crossings (going through Canada.)  Cindy got me a monthly craft beer club membership last year for Christmas and one of the months included beer from the Flying Bison Brewery which is close to the hotel.  So I took a quick drive over there to get some beer in person, but they stopped selling bottles at the brewery so I ended up at a local grocery store (after sampling a little bit at the brewery.)

I'm a mile+ from the race start, the expo, and the pasta dinner.  I now sort of wish I would have stayed closer and not been so cheap, but life is what it is.  I drove by a the places I need to be and I am not sure where parking will be available. If I can't find parking I will be walking a bit to get around.

Nothing to do tonight but hang out, do some reading and eat a little.  Tomorrow I'll pick-up my packet and then head north to my brother's place to visit and meet the newest family member.  Tomorrow evening will hopefully include a MikeE sighting.  I thought it was supposed to be a sunny day today and I had rain for half the trip.  I hope the weather on Sunday is dry or MikeE will lose faith in the weather web sites.

Mariposai

3k race gave me 1AG, 2 female finisher and 5 OA. This is a very hilly course. Fun event.

Taperboy, just visiting friends in Sequin. No race involve.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Tammy, good luck to David at the meet. He’s a great kid, ya know. I hope Leslie has a great weekend.  How was the lasagna? Homemade noodles must really be special. Ribs, I know exactly how you feel about leaving Lucy at home. I do that all the time to Bandit, a Sheltie/American Eskimo mix, and she really likes to go for walks and runs. She and Smokey, the lab, are out at the farm now for a week while we are gone. They will love it out there, that’s for sure.  Henry, I love all the factory outlets in New England. You guys are lucky. C-R, have a great time at the cabin, do you run there or just relax?  Eww, PBJ, really? Don’t you own more than one set of workout duds?  Dave & Mike what’s the weather supposed to be like on Sunday?  Great AG win, Posie!

I am all packed for Yellowstone and we will be at the Ranch in Montana by early Sunday afternoon. We are staying here for two nights and plan to go on a trail ride, not sure about the zip line. http://www.vrbo.com/171379

We have 3 nights in YNP and then head to Deadwood next Friday for the race on June 1st. I wonder what the weather is like out there?

I got out for a little tempo run tonight and actually had one mile at 11:52 pace. I don’t know how long I could keep that up, but it is encouraging. Off to shower and maybe a pontoon ride.  See you when I get back.  Hopefully we will have wi-fi somewhere.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

SteveP

A sunflower festival jog sounds greta.

Holy Pooped Pooch.

Yikes Enke!

DW, Tag and I are in Escanaba for a long weekend. We took the long and winding road. We meandered through places I've made deliveries and wanted to revisit. We found out that there's a 5K near the hotel on Saturday. HHmmmm

SteveP