Masters Running

40/40 Thread for w/e April 27th (Read 473 times)

Since Holly is busy in Boston I thought I would cover for her and get your thread going... Have a great week... slowgino- 73.7 miles Jim24315- 55 miles 4 mile PR 24:30...Smokin' biketm- 50.5 miles DfromBG- 50.5 miles Sirwalksalot- 49.6 miles SLOjim- 48 miles...weekly PR since turning 50!! Tallrunner-47 miles planned including crazy fast half!! breger- 41.8 miles very steady -------------------------------------------------------------- Pass Line pfriese- 35.6 miles-tapering new 5K PR...23:10 --------------------------------------------------------------- Boston Boomer's Pass Line hermosaboy- 37 miles mainerunnah- 22.25 miles CNYrunner- 21-25 miles PJH- 19 miles evanflein- 18 miles Holly- 15-17 miles busiman- 15 miles ultrachick-13 miles I'm not responsible for errors,since there are so many miles here...I lost count!!
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks for covering for Holly.....even though your not as pretty as her Big grin Mon - 10 miles tempo - 1:17:02 - 7:43 pace - strong consistent effort - felt great Tues - 42 fast / hard cycling miles with roadie buddies Weds - 7 easy miles...but not so easy, kinda tired and sore Thurs - Well needed rest day Fri- 3 easy miles Sat - 13.1 total miles with 5K race in the middle - 20:38 - ran to and from the race site. Sun - 7.5 miles easy Total - 40.6 miles - Holly...congrats on your new house....I am soooo happy for you and your family Smile

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Thanks for picking up the thread, LR. M--8.54, 1:10:54, miles 2-6 at MP T--7.6, untimed, AM run. W--13.03, 2:13:20, hill workout, includes WU/WD/recovery jogging. HR: 132/171 TH--3 easy miles. Sore from yesterday F-- S--9.88, 1:25:32....138/157 S--6.5 untimed miles WU, 5k RR..19:09; HR: 176/195.....Post-40 PR by 34 seconds. Total: 51.67
          Thanks Lyndenruner----I think you look great---a stud in fact Wink 4/21---26.2 miles in 3:26:37 4/22---walk the dog/swim at rec center---2 mile walk with Boogie the beagle--no time to swim 4/23---hike Talcott mountain with the guys---mild and not steep hike---4 miles----Talcott Mtn loop 2x---5 miles 4/24---run a mile with the kiddo----1.25 mile run and 35 laps at Rec. pool 4/25---walk or swim----gorgeous day---had to run/4.3 miles/no watch 4/26---may run a few miles---no watch----3 mile walk 4/27---hike and canoe with the guys if the weather permits----no canoeing/rainy---6 miles with some Js Total: 36.5----will come back in May when I am back in the 40s Karin
            This is the second of three taper weeks and I'm going to need a free pass this week. The week will have some quality though (mile repeats and a ladder workout) even if the quantity is down.
            DayPlanActualComments
            MondayPlanned Rest Day0 milesDone!
            Tuesday3 miles recovery3.5 miles10:40 min/mile pace
            Wednesday3 miles GA3.5 miles9:10 min/mile pace
            Thursday10 miles with 4x1 mile repeats, moderate pace10.1 miles8:00, 7:47, 7:33, and 7:34 min/mile pace
            Friday3 miles recovery4.3 milesEasy 9:40 pace
            Saturday5 miles GA0 milesRan outta time.
            Sunday12 miles ladder workout at MP12 milesLadder workout went well
            Totals:36 miles33.4 milesOne week to go. Eek!
            Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Thanks Gordon--it sure would be nice if you made your profile public and had a log. I've been wanting to mention this for a while and finally broke down Embarrassed
              Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                Jim,I don't log my miles here...But maybe I'll start today...
                Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                  Jim,I don't log my miles here...But maybe I'll start today...
                  Big grin
                  Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Lyndenruner. Who knows maybe 40? After all I already have 26.2 Big grin
                    DayPlan Actual Comments
                    Monday 26.226.2 miBoston in 3:42:36 (BQ)
                    TuesdayREST0 milegs massaging with The Stick
                    WednesdayREST0travelling home with stomach flu Shocked
                    Thursday2 mi recovery2 miin 22 min with Tory (yea)
                    Friday4 mi recovery4 mi9:55 pace
                    Saturday2 mi recovery2.8 miabout 9:30 pace with Tory on nice trails
                    Sunday6 mi easy6.6 mimoderate effort at 8:25 with a 7:42 mile but it was 68F and 85%humidity
                    Totals:4141.6 miBoston!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

pfriese

Thanks for filling in for Holly.
                      DayMilesComment
                      Mondayrest day - done
                      Tuesday5.4 miles - done 9:33/mile avg pace
                      Wednesday6.5 miles - done 9:33/mile avg pace
                      Thursdayrest day - done
                      Friday4 miles - done 9:41/mile avg pace
                      Saturday2 miles - done9:57/mile avg pace
                      SundayMarathon- done9:19/mile avg pace; 4:03:51 a new PR
                      Total44.1 miles DONE
                      Paul

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks so much, Gordon! Here's my plan for the week:
                        DayPlanActualCommentary
                        Monday26.2 miles26.2 miles
                        Tuesday0 miles0 miles
                        Wednesday5 miles5 miles Easy pace
                        Thursday5 miles 5.25 miles Easy pace
                        Friday0 miles0 miles Weights and abs
                        Saturday7 miles 5 miles Easy pace
                        Sunday10 miles 12 miles Easy pace
                        Total53ish 53.5 miles

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Here it is Thursday and I'm just getting my act together. The fog is just starting to clear from my trip back...
                          Day Plan Actual Comments
                          Monday 26.2 miles26.2 Miles3:38:48, woohoo!
                          TuesdayRest Day0 milesWalked the Freedom Trail, very cool!
                          WednesdayRest Day0 MilesRe-entry is tuff, work, home, ugh
                          Thursday4 miles EZ5.5 milesEZ pace, maybe a bit too hilly but ok
                          Friday5 miles0 milesTurned into rest day (invited to dinner after work!)
                          Saturday5 miles8 milesSproinky run, Busy soccer day
                          Sunday8 miles10.4 milesFirst 8 miles at or better than MP (trying for EZ), last two slow and hot up the hill
                          Totals:~48 Miles50.1 miles actual total
                            Thanks Gordon Smile This week's plan.....
                            DayPlanActualCommentary
                            Sunday10-11 long11.25 long
                            Monday Rest yes
                            Tuesday7-8 w/intervals9.75 w/ 5X800…. Lots of warm up and cool down miles
                            Wednesday7-8 easy 8 easy
                            Thursday rest
                            Friday7.5 progressive 7.5 progressive
                            Saturday6 easy 6 easy
                            Total41+/- 42.5
                            busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Thanks lyndenrunner! We'll see how the weekend goes...I'm feeling pretty springy at this point, but I won't rush it. This week's 'plan': M 26.2 in 3:06 T rest W rest T 3 ez done F 4 ez done S 6 easy (@7:30) done S 7 easy (10 near marathon pace) Total: 43+/- ( 50 miles for the week!)
                              -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                              also on Twitter
                              HermosaBoy

Here's my week -- one that I am VERY proud of.
                                DayPlanActualCommentary
                                Sunday2.01.5 in 12:30 Got too involved in watching the trials…
                                Monday26.226.2 in 2:55:43 See race report
                                Tuesday3.04,27 in 34:23 Didn’t mean to go this far – glad I did.
                                Wednesday Rest Rest Massage – OUCH!
                                Thursday3.04.0 in 31:51 Legs feel surprisingly good!
                                Friday3.03.0 in 23:091 mile warm up and cool down – then step down 1/3 with CamScam to sharpen him for tomorrow.
                                Saturday11.210.2142 Mile Shake Out 2 Mile Warm-up 10k in 37:23 – VERY surprising 5 days post Boston
                                Total48.449.2 A great race and recovery week!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob