Masters Running

Sunday Daily a.k.a. Hurricane Alert Day 10/28 (Read 370 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

This appears to be a running forum, so I thought I might sneak in and post a run.  Roll eyes

After a long week of work AND a somewhat lingering chest cold, i managed to get out and fit in a slow, but satisfying 3 miles.  The project that I've been so involved in reaches a technical end on Wednesday, so even with the aftermath, things should be calming down a little.  71 charged hours in the past week gets tiring.

DW gets all the fun of putting all the possible flying objects away around the house in anticipating Sandy's arrival.  Here in Charlotte, we are apparently going to be between the wind and rain in the east and the snow in the west.

TwoCat--that's a very impressive dispaly.  I'm guessing that you have none of your namesakes wandering the house?

Holly--glad we fianlly get to see the flapper outfit you teased us with a while ago.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

buehrle Kent is about 40 miles for me and there's a 5k 1 mile from home that morning, no plans of doing that one either.

DW drove home from Allentown on I80 today and several hundred electric co. trucks headed East.( yes hundreds) Dozens of tree cutting trucks also.   

Be safe!

This appears to be a running forum, so I thought I might sneak in and post a run.  Roll eyes

No Stumpy this is the storm center advisory HQ with a running problem. 

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Today was rest day for me - thankfully!  Hanging out with the ladies yesterday shopping, eating, visiting, and playing Balderdash 'til after midnight last night.  Ugh!  I can't even begin to think of the last time I was until until 1:00 a.m.  Today it was lunch then a tour through a cemetery where folks were dressed up and played the parts of various persons who were buried there, giving backgrounds and telling how their character died.  It was a lot of fun, the actors were great, it was a beautiful day - what more could a person ask for!

Now I need to get some transcription done.  Later ~

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Don't know that I'd call it a "rest day," but I didn't run today. Sort of a shame to waste a nice mild snow-free day in late October, but I got so much done around the house it's amazing. I wanted to run at least 9 today to get a 30 mile week, but oh well. In the big picture it really doesn't matter. I've been meaning to get some things done around here for ages that just doesn't seem to happen... well, today it did for the most part. Nice. No run, but a lot of vacuuming, laundry, bed making, and general cleanup done. 

There's always next week, right? 

I hope all our East Coasters fare well with Sandy bearing down. Hang in there, guys!