Masters Running

Zombie Thursday - 26 July 2012 (Read 407 times)

Thanks Byll, I'll give it a listen when I get home and see if I remember it.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

OrangeMat is coming to visit this weekend and I'm taking her trail running.  But how am I supposed to let HER pick the route?  She doesn't know the trails around here!  I'm really looking forward to torturing another flatlander  trail running with another RA friend!

You're scaring me.  I need to put in a vacation request for late September but maybe high altitude training isn't such a grand idea.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

wildchild

Carolyn

No worries, Opie - by late September, there'll be snow up high, but it'll be cool enough to do trail runs at lower altitude!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

fatozzig, it was kind hearted of you to look out for that dog.  mari, it's nice you got to run with your husband.  hopeful, I'm glad to hear your mother had a good first day in her new place.

Nice long runs for Twocat and perch.

This morning, it was about 70°, there was a litght wind, and a light rain for the first part of my run.  I got in  7 miles at an 11:30 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm really looking forward to torturing another flatlander  trail running with another RA friend!

Big grin

Tammy - sounds like fun!

Enke - come on, you know this one, really.

Came home to find a wall being torn out in my kitchen...DH knows so many contractors that he got one to do this for only $200.  Dust is everywhere, and I sort of wish I had not just painted, but I think I am really going to like my new pass-through.  Now to figure out the drywalling part...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Bushrat Runner

After the 17 miles Monday, I spent all day on my feet chasing bears at Brooks Camp and didn't get in a run on either Tuesday or Wednesday. But today I managed 7 in the evening, which was great. Felt good. 

After attempts that were done in fits and starts and didn't consistently work, a nonprofit partner came and made a webcam installation at Brooks a reality. If you want to see where I work in real time, check out:

http://explore.org/#!/live-cams/player/brown-bear-salmon-cam-brooks-falls

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH_1C9_fpAM

Marathon Maniac #957

Rhoon - I love the webcam.  All those bears, just hanging around in the water, like it's the bears' version of a pool party....Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."