Masters Running

Terrific Tuesday, September 18 (Read 364 times)

A question I knew, but too late to answer.

Starr - Go for the shorts.  You'll warm up quick.  And my ears always get cold.  I wear these a lot.  I love 'em.

Dave - Love your sense of humor!

I'm on Day 2 with the neck.  It's better, but not 100%.  A least I can raise my head up without having to support it with one hand.  I briefly contemplated running this morning, but realized that would probably be stupid.  So I will adjust my schedule and will more than likely run Fri/Sat/Sun instead of having Friday as a rest day.

Til then, it's heating pad, light stretching, and drugs.  Yee Haw!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Afternoon!

Twocat - I hope your Boston registration gets through.

{{{Leslie's neck}}}

Short post as I eat my lunch.   I am swamped at work of course - piles up quickly here.  I got in last night about 8pm after barely sleeping at all Sunday night (1:30am flight out of Fairbanks).  I dozed a bit on the planes, but not much, so today I'm still a bit pooped.  I wish I could go home and take a nap, but there's too much to be done here, and both kids have soccer games tonight.  I will probably not have time to post my Alaska pics until Friday or Saturday.  Erika's DH took some videos of the race, too, so I might put a link or two up of those. 

Right now I'm eating a very tasty carrot that came from Erika's garden (thanks again).   Erika has the most wonderful garden and we ate fresh goodies from it every day I was there, including the most amazing blue potatoes.  Between Erika and her DH, who are both wonderful cooks, I had gourmet meals every day - it was delightful!

3 recovery-paced miles for me this morning in 64 degrees and light rain.  Legs are a bit sore and creaky, but not bad.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo, glad to hear you got in some running.  Continue healing.  Twocat, it sounds like you enjoyed the relay.  They sure sound like fun.  fatozzig, good luck with your neck.

Nice long runs for Starr and Tammy.  Good job on the speedwork for ribs.

This morning, it was in the low 50s and there was some wind.  I got in 7 miles at a 10:49 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Henrun

Woke up this morning with my leg feeling better than before my ITB started 4 weeks ago. Walked a mile to an eye appointment and most of the way back.(until I hit the market for a few groceries). This afternoon I cross-trained at the Y with 17 mins. of swimming and 17 mins. of pool running. Spent some time in the whirlpool. Leg still feels good.

I've been going slowly on my recovery-running a bit every other day for short distances (longest run was 4 miles on the weekend). So far it seems to be working as I continue my stretches 2xdaily.

Mariposai

I told MrStarr that I’d just wear a sweatshirt and throw it away when the race starts.  He said “Wouldn’t it be just as easy to tie it around your waist?”  I guess he doesn’t know the rules.

Big grin

Enjoy Yellowstone, Star. it is one of my favorite place on earth. I need to make it up there again soon. It has been more than 7 years since the last time we went there.

Safe trip to Spareribs and twocat. 

Holly, take your time to take a nap Joking.

Good to see Slo back out there again! Take it easy as you build up your base again.

Fattossig, que pasa mi amiga? I did not know you had a pain in neck.

Twocat, Cry about your ankle and good luck with the Boston entry.

Hurray, we have a Rosie sighting!!!

The Easy Pacer and I got up early today for a quick and crispy 4 miler. My legs reminded me that I just ran a marathon two weeks ago.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend Jay. It sounds like you met a kewl dog.

Hi Liz

Your neck make me sad Leslie.

It sounds like a wonderful trip all around Holly.

I Tag's still in rehab and walks on a leash while I trot. Poor guy is so desperate to protect me from the dangers of the forests that he cornered a cricket last night and a toad today. The poor guy, his ice cream store closed for the season.

A good sized deer bounded up about 15 feet from us. Tag started crying though his leash stayed slack. 

AT the blood drive tonight, Our son in law and Noah came in. The little guy wants to enter a race with Grampy. Sweet!!!! There's a zombie run where we're supposed to dress up like zombies and chase after those who are not.

SteveP

I hope everyone is doing well, I haven't had time to read the posts.  Swamped at work and very stressed out for the past week and have had to shorten or cancel a lot of runs.  By this weekend I should have time to read the back posts.

I did 4.2 yesterday, with 2 x 0.1 mile pick ups (more like sprints) at the end.  The last one was 6:54 pace, I think it pushed it a little too hard, but it was also a slight decline so maybe that is ok.  I could feel it my glutes today, which made me happy for some reason.

Today I slept in to catch up on zzzzzs.

Run Happy

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Hi Rosie!  Are you training for a tri?

Twocat – sorry that you have to take some time off from runninh, but it’s great that you’re listening your body, that’s a good lesson for all of us.

Tet – I do remember that late night/early morning run many years ago!  I will definitely take pictures, but not during the race.  I don’t think I want to tote a camera along with me.

Shadowrunner – I like thequote in your tag line.

Leslie – I don’t like to wear shorts because they always ride up and I’m constantly tugging them back in place.  I couldn’t get the link to work.  I hope the neck gets better soon.  I’m sure you are miserable.

I made a huge batch of tomato sauce tonight and put it in the fridge until I have to freeze it or can it tomorrow night.  Now I only have 2 nights to pack, yikes,

I'm getting very sleepy,  This 4 O'clock club does have a few drawbacks!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich