Masters Running

Thursday ~ June 20 (Read 41 times)

janie b good

jay-- I have a two-story home, and do not own a ladder that can reach the second level.  but i'm glad I don't 'cause i'd be afraid to go up that high on the ladder to paint.  as to Thanksgiving, the more the merrier!

rest day for me.  my daughter and her puppy came over to do laundry and hang out with me in the morning and afternoon.  and then my new furniture arrived around 5PM.  happy day!

oh, and sometimes, I too will read the daily a second time later in the evening without logging in under my username.  so i'm guessing that I show up as just a "reader" or visitor on those occasions.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Dave59

I am one of these.  I love reading about y'all's adventures and runs, but I rarely step forward and say anything, mostly because I don't actually run, so I feel kind of fake.

Thanks for saying hello.  I have days where I read and don't post too.

The forum used to count each visit.  I know because I would sometimes click refresh dozens of times to make a post look like it had been visited a lot.  (I used to work for a company that had endless meetings and I needed to find ways to amuse myself.)  Now it only counts each person once no matter how many times you click on the thread.

I miss the old company some days.  I would make cookies, do some laundry, clean up the house, etc.  Always paying attention and ready to chime in if someone asked for my input.  Now it's just work, work, work... Roll eyes   And I am getting rusty on my conference call etiquette.  I started washing dishes during a meeting today and everyone start laughing when I ran the garbage disposal.  I had forgot to put the phone on mute.

My name is Gordon and yes I'm a lurker....okay I've said it...

3 miles after 2 days of crud...BOOM!!!   Gotta get going!!!

I see the light coming into my eyes...AHHHHH!!!!

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Mike E

MM #5615

Yep...I'm one of those who read but did not post, too.  Between, work, running, grandkid's soccer games, mowing 2 lawns...I just don't have any time for anything.

Okay...that's all I had time for.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

It`ll be my first run since the Pigtails 100 Challenge last month but I think if I run down and back the two mile course down the Dojima river tomorrow morning, it`ll take 33:48 including a chat with an eel fisherman.  Departing the land of sushi later in the day just in time to avoid haviing the Seattle Rock`n`Roll become the year`s tenth DNS.  Just hope next month`s meetings over here don`t do it to the LATEOTT Marathon.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

A lurker from Japan!!! Arigato tetsujin!

Erika, please feed those hungry muscles and don't worry about the weight right now Wink.

HopesMom, so good to read your post. Welcome among us. While we all run, this thread means so much more to us than a running thread.  We are like a family. We always welcome new comers who do other things for fitness.

This was a busy week for me. Driving, meetings, driving. Exhausted today, I had two workshops to provide and two meetings to attend, so when I left the office nothing could stop me from running outside, nothing...not even the heavy rain. Six miles with 5 at drenched tempoJoking. It sure felt so good. This run was to honor my DH's grandma who passed away today at age 98. We have been expecting this for a while. She is in Peace with her Lord Jesus. What a magnificent lady she was!

Looking forward to a three day weekend!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I confess that I have been Lurking here as well.  I have been running off and on, mostly off.  A friend of mine who is only 31 asked me to run a color dash with her. I had not run in a month so ran a couple of times, Then she decided not to run because of the weather. I was not sad at all. We are going on Vacation to northern MN on saturday so hope to get a few runs in up there and maybe some waterskiing. I do have a running date at 6:30 am before we leave. My friend is here for her 50th class reunion....I am pretty sure I can keep up with her even with my minimal training.  Just call meTetsujin2.

I enjoy lurking and keeping up with everyone. What time is Thanksgiving dinner?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

TammyinGP

good evening! First chance I've had to check in . Getting all the last minute stuff ready for the relay. no matter how well prepared I think I was, the day before, there is undoubtedly too much to do. Just have to pack my running clothes for the weekend and i'm set though. Sure glad I'm not in Van 1 though and having to get up early and out the door. I'll need a few hrs in the morning to go over everything in my mind again and make sure I'm not forgetting anything. I'm scheduled to be running about every 12 hrs - 4 pm, 4:14 am and 4:00 pm again for the final leg. Hopefully, we'll be faster than we anticipate and will get done earlier though. it seems like folks always pad their times.

Tammy