Masters Running

Donna and her love for animals (Read 152 times)

TomD

To say I depended on Donna is putting it lightly. We did depend on each other, but I am just finding out how much. Donna would go to the store for about anything that I needed or wanted. She would help me decide on the smallest item. I was better purchasing the big items. She was not the bargainer them I am, but to go get something it was her area. We would share to each other our love each day and some days many times. We did it not in just words. There were our actions, cards, and casual gifts. The gifts were usually small, but it was the thought. We would leave unexpected short love notes around the house for each other. Instead of buying a card we would make our own to give my hand and not computer driven. Donna was not much good on a computer, but had that very special goodness deep in her heart that just came natural for her. We would see a hurt animal, she would try to help. Animals were always first. One time she found a small dog that someone did not want anymore, that could not use its back legs. She went out and raised $4000.00 so that poor dog could have wheels in back, like a cart, then she found a home for him. She was big in rescue animals. To her there no such thing as can't. She always found away. No one could discourage her. There is so much that she helped animals. When she found out that some group would say that they were no kill, but still killed at just a lower rate. She made sure others knew. To her no Kill, meant just that. She was a great fund raiser. I was proud to be at the same level as our kids. It made feel very special. I knew what our babies meant to her. Today I visited our 7 little ones at the Vet's. Two of them are in mourning for Donna. I could not perk them up. I will have quite a challenge to get them feeling better. Others were very glad to see me. Especially Friskie my 11 year old baby. She could not stop meowing at me. It was tough to leave and not take them with me. I home to have them home this weekend. TomD
      I'm so glad you shared this aspect of Donna's heart. How comforting it must have been to her to know you would care for the kitties in her absence. When someone has such a heart for the helpless, it is more of a compulsion than a choice to stop and help. Your Donna obviously possessed such a beautiful heart, and I know how happy she must have been that you indulged that passion and shared in it with her. I hope you get your brood home this weekend. You will no doubt comfort each other.
      Progress Trumps Pefection