Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 6.25.14 (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Last night's conservation commission meeting went 3.5 hours, so it was well-past my usual bedtime by the time I got home. So I slept in till 5:15, and didn't make it out for a workout this morning. I'm at the office for a while, but then have to head back home to meet the crew coming to install new gutters for us today. Then I have to send an email blast that our latest road race series scores have been posted. Then I have to go to Town Hall to turn in our '15 budget to the Finance Director. The fun never stops, eh?

Nice Jeep!

Nice rock!!!

Best line from yesterday's posts (from Enke):  "Aamos - Thunder Bay - well, growing up in Ontario.....never been there, but can think of two fellows I went to grad school with that grew up there.  Both went prematurely bald.  That's all I got."

And that's all I got - have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Quick post - 6.5 miles after 2 crazy days at work!!  Now time to get ready for mass then spending the day with my love, Maria!!

Happy Wednesday friends!!

denise

Dave59

After running 6.5 with hills & humidity yesterday, I opted for an easy 3 this morning to make sure all my body parts were still working.  Looks like everything is still operational.

Tramps

Nice 50-miler for Carolyn!  But when I saw the prize, I couldn't help thinking of that old Charlie Brown scene  I hope you got some chocolate, too.

EZ 5 with the flies.  We've had such a wet Spring/early Summer that the insects are thriving this year, including the deer flies that swarm early in the morning.  On the plus side, the water level in our well is more than double what it usually is; no worries there.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hey, Hey, Hey....two days in a row!!   Thanks for the welcome back and I must say, it is good to be back!

Interesting morning......first I notice a guy leave a house and start walking in the same direction that I am going.    Didn't think much of it, he was far enough ahead that I didn't worry.   A Sherriff drives by (we live on a very rural road) and I find it kind of odd, but also reassuring so I wave and continue on.   Then up ahead is a State trooper and he has pulled over by the guy walking.   As I get closer he is frisking him....uh oh.   We pass and continue on for our short little 2 miler.   On the way back the two officers are side by side talking and then the state guy leaves and the sherriff turns around.   He pulls into the driveway where the guy had left and when I got closer I see ALL the guys stuff out on the lawn!!   The woman was handing big garbage bags to the officer while the guy walked around with his hands in his pockets.    To think, I'd have missed all this if I had stayed in bed. 

So, two more miles on the books with some core work when I got home.

Nice Jeep your daughter bought, Dave59!   I have a red one and absolutely love it!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Fletch

3 miles this morning, followed by 1/2 mile of striders.

Happy running, everyone.

Next week i will need to start running in the AM before work.. this week I catch up on sleep..

King of PhotoShop

Welcome back Mary!

Nice rock Carolyn.

That post I wrote about Ruffian turns out to be a very popular one as it attracted horse racing people, animal lovers and the usual number of horrible trolls.  Twocat posted that he was at the race in person!  I saw that EK had a nice comment about it on FB, and speaking of EK, once again, happy 25th.

I'm going to take a leave of absence from FB next week for the summer and also stop writing the Dallas Morning News blog for the summer.  Just need a rest.

5 yesterday and 5 today at easy pace, very humid and rainy here.  Spareribs

...mornin' guys//........thanks for the tips....and at least I don't run off the help as fast as dave.....

===========

..but I digress......

.......34mprnb

deo

...........good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Hit and run for now - -

Wonderful predawn 6-mile jaunt in Eureka this a.m.  Things felt good after yesterday's tempo run, which is very encouraging.  Yesterday and today wore shorts instead of capris for the first time this year for a predawn run.  Warm and humid, and now it's raining.  Yay, rain!!  I hope it freaking pours.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks, Ribs and everyone else. We had a nice time out at our favorite restaurant for a wine tasting and light dinner. The owners are friends of ours and gave us a nice bottle of champagne for a gift. We'll celebrate our new deck with it (when the deck is done...). The garage remodel has been hampered by all this rain that we usually do not see in June. Right now it's foggy, overcast and drizzling.

Fatozzig, I sure wish we could send some of this your way! Our rivers are so high there are flood warnings already. Usually don't get those till August.

Yay, Mary! Almost makes you feel bad for the guy, but somehow think he might've had it coming. Just think of the things you might have missed!

Tomwhite, if it's any comfort, even the most rigorous pre-hire screening doesn't work all the time. Sometimes they just don't work out. I agree that someone a little more established might be good, but truthfully, you never know.

Brought my cap and rain jacket for a run after work, but we'll see. For some reason, my right shin was sore last night. Odd how things just show up like that, especially after a few days of easy running. I suspect the shoes I wear at work aren't the best for my feet/legs (old clog style slip ons). I hate shopping for shoes.

Mariposai

Summer runs are fun. Crispy morning run for me. 5 miles with the Easy Pacer and another 5 up kermel hill for some additional 5 smile miles as the sunshine showed up to keep me company. A great way to start the day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

hopeful, it's great to hear from you.  I've wondered where you went.  Dave, nice looking Jeep your daughter got.   Twocat, happy anniversary.  Also, nice half for you and your wife.  evan, happy anniversary for you, too.  Nice long run, PBJ and good speedwork, irish.

Yesterday, we had our babysitting day and came home this morning.  When we got here, the temp was in the high 60s and there was a light wind.  I did 4 miles at a 10:28 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

The scale told me I can't get away with drinking two beers after work, even if I only have a salad for dinner. 

4.3 sweaty miles in the early morning humidity.  About 61F.  I realized I have lots of time to run now, as I don't have to be home from 7-8am to make sure the kids get up, eat and leave for school on time.  I really have no excuses now not to train more consistently the next two months.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Henrun

Spent 2 wonderful days at the beach on Cape Cod. Yesterday we cycled 21 miles on a rail trail. This morning we ran on both the road and on the beach. On the way home we stopped for a short ride on the Cape Cod Canal bike trail. Home to 90' temp. Miss those 2 days of 70's and cool nights. Will have to do it again later this summer.

Hi Mary and Enke.