Masters Running

Tue Jan 22 Runs and such (Read 540 times)

Good morning. Crisp this morning. The weather gauge on my computer said 13F to start, but PDR's said 22F and I think hers was right as at the finish mine said 27. Anyway 10 easy miles for, picking it up near the end. Workout: 9.1 miles, 8:34/mi, AHR 145 Overall: 10.1 miles, 1:26 Good runs.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning WRFB and others......nice 10 miler Smile 10 mile tempo (ish) run for me last night after work - 1:25:22 - 143 HR ave 161 max. I actually felt a lot better than I thought I would with 3 days running in a row, and my HR was super low with the effort. Nicer temps too at about 27 degress but still super windy out though. Have a great day and runs all, Tim Suppose to be back down to 0 again in a couple of days Cry

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

It is warming here in NC. 27F at the start 29 at finish. Tempo day..luv it! 9.2 miles in 1:11:49 (7:48 pace,AHR 163). Inclluding 5 miles LT: 7:27, 7:34, 7:32, 7:21, 7:18 (avg 7:26, target 7:30) Cool down miles were at MP but felt slow. That always happens after tempo runs. (first 2.2 with Tory @8:24) Have great runs! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Well, I was up at 5 a.m. to get my run in . . . then DD#1 says "you aren't going to run outside this morning are you!? Little did I know that we aquired about 6+ inches of snow over night and it is still coming down nice and heavy. Our roads don't get plowed until much later - and since I don't have running boots I decided to use my treadmill for the first time in over a year. That didn't work out so well. I didn't have any place to plug it in with the addition of a water softner and no extension cord to reach accross the room. So on to plan "C" - 30 minute stability ball workout. Last night was a 30 minute step workout and ab routine. Maybe, just maybe a few outdoor miles this evening. Happy 2's-day!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

This will be a very low mileage week, as I have the Miami HM on Sunday. The long range forecast is not looking favorable for a fast race but we'll see. 4 easy miles at 9:08 min/mile pace. Just need to keep the legs loose. 69 degrees with 88% humidity at 6:00 AM. Ughhh. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Me

Good morning Everyone, 4 miles for me this morning in 38:37. I had to take my glasses off for the last 1/2 mile because they had too much snow on them to see through. Since I can't see without my glasses, I don't know which was worse. Cheers, Mike
                Good Morning, Good runs and workouts already today and winter warriors everywhere. Today's workout was a combined hills/road interval run. I live on a hill and can't avoid hills in any of my loops, so it worked out well. I ran at 5:30 AM/3F calm winds/partly sunny by the finish. The whole loop was 10.7 miles and included 6x7 minutes at 7:30 pace (reality----7:50,7:23, 7:38,7:56,7:13 (downhill section),7:41) the goal is even pacing and I was all over the place while trying to stay smooth on the hills and keep my neck gaiter from getting too soaked. The intervals plus warm-up and cool down all done in 1:18. Got it done, but need to focus on consistency if I want to hard code my pacing for the next marathon. See you tomorrow CNYrunner
                  Lou - nice long run in the bitter cold - good idea to pick up the pace at the end! Mary - sorry the day isn't going well so far - good that you had a plan C to fall back on. Bill - best of luck in your half marathon this weekend. It was 11 degrees with a stiff wind at 5:00 AM, so I opted to do my 6 miles on the treadmill. I'm settling in for some nice, slow base-building miles for awhile. I'm trying to decide on a new race to replace the Borgess half marathon in April. There are so many choices! Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Tramps

Comfortable 24F by the time I got out. 7 miles with 4 @ tempo (avg 7:20).

Be safe. Be kind.

dg.

morning everybody, Lou, the weather channel used to do that. maybe someone forgot to hit refresh. I would still look, though. nice runs everybody. Mary, too bad about your best laid plans. Erika, my memory isn't what is used to be, (as far as I remember, Wink ) but is this business trip after a marathon becoming a tradition? 2 long flights for you. I think you need in-flight massage. funny about the locals reactions to your & dh's outerwear. callenetics, this morning, and some stability ball hammie curls. Mike, funny.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Some nice runs to start us out already. Tim – I think I got your weather this morning. CNYrunner – is 7:30 your MP? Erika – Nice to see you tossing off another BQ - nice job, chick-let! BTW, I met my DH in southern Cal, and for our 2nd date we took the ferry to Catalina Island for the day. Lovely place. A relatively mild 26 degrees today and extremely windy when I started out this morning at 4:45, but the roads were dry. Today is hill-workout day, and I was concerned about snow in the forecast, so I made a beeline over to Big Hill Road. I don’t chance that steep incline (especially downhill) if there’s any snow or ice on the ground – bad enough that there are no streetlights on that wooded road, and even with my flashlight it’s very dark. Thankfully I was just finishing my last run down the ridge when the snow began in earnest. Within minutes it was blizzard conditions – howling winds and snow blowing in my eyes so thick that I could barely see. Not for the first time, I wondered about my sanity at being out there. I suspect most of the passing drivers wondered, too. I swung by my house at mile #7 to add a fleece hood and mittens, but after a while the winds died down somewhat into more comfortable conditions for the rest of my run. This was a tough workout for me today. We all have those days when it doesn't come easy. My legs/hamstrings were a little sore from yesterday’s weights, my legs felt tired, and the strong winds and light snow layer made me work harder than usual. I kept telling myself I got up extra-early for this run, and I was NOT going to quit early. Stubbornness wins out again. Smile 11.6 slow miles (ave pace 10:21) including 4 trips up and down Big Hill. I wanted 12 miles, but my slow pace ate up my time.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

seemomgo

4 miles with the Yaktracks this morning as I was not up for another treadmill run. The road was icy, but I ran down to a park and stayed on the dirt path there - nice, cold air felt good...crisp and refreshing. Trying to get rid of this rotten headache I have had for two days. Darn barametric pressure I think. Anybody else suffer from that? C-mom
                            CARDIO: 1 mile on the treadmill, 1% incline, at 9:50 pace CALISTHENICS: Stretching, 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 bench dips, hip exercises STRENGTH: 30 lat pulldowns, 30 dumbell curls each arm, 30 squats, 30 leg curls, 100 wrist curls with light barbell Dark Horse
                            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                              9 miles in pretty cold weather, starting at 4:30 am, Thankfully not much wind today. The first 8 were easy and careful, and I turned up the speed dial for a 9:06 final mile. Overall pace: 10:13.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

The weather forecast is for possible freezing rain this afternoon. With that in mind, I headed out for a noon time run JUST as the rain started. The temperatures are just above the freezing mark so far, so I got the run in.....3.08 miles. I am supposed to drive to Raleigh tonight for a hockey game, but maybe the weather will dictate that I stay home. Good runs everyone.
                                Vista