Masters Running

Ice Cream, Pie and all things yummy . . . (Read 465 times)

TammyinGP

please discuss Big grin

Tammy

TammyinGP

Great thread Tammy! I love this time of year because I bake a scrumptious caramel apple pie. In fact, I'm getting a big flat of apples from a lady down the road tonight. Her trees are overflowing with Granny Smith's, so I'm snatching a bunch. And then some homemade vanilla bean ice cream.... mmmmm! And pumpkin pie - loves me some pumpkin pie! Smile

Tammy

Great thread Tammy! Wink sign me up for warm pumpkin pie with French Vanilla ice cream and a dollop of Cool Whip Mmmmmmmm.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh Yum Tammy!!! What time should I be over?? My favorite pies are Apple (warm with ice cream please), Pumpkin with a generaous scoop of whipped cream and Lemon Meringue. I make my lemon pie completely from scratch and it is DH's most favorite. All my crusts are from scratch - thanks to my mom's old recipe.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

homemade apple dumplings. oh yeah and pumpkin pie.

Top 'O the World!

& why am I seeing this thread in doubles?? Evil grin Fall=harvest=pies, preserves & cider!
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
              TammyinGP

Mary - me too, only scratch pie crusts, unless I need a graham cracker crust (like for banana cream), those I buy. This summer I made a lemon pie ice cream that you'd really like. fresh lemons that I squeezed, I made homemade crust and crumbled it up, then at the end I swirled in some marshmallow cream into the ice cream to make it light and fluffy. mmmmm. It was tart! (I used more lemons then it called for), but that's just the way we liked it! My grandpa always put a slice of cheese on his warm apple pie. I've never understood that one. My mom once made a green tomato pie and told me it was apple. It actually tasted okay until I figured out what it was. Dead

Tammy

Top 'O the World!

Mary - me too, only scratch pie crusts, unless I need a graham cracker crust (like for banana cream), those I buy. (
                  ?? I don't understand why you'd buy those?? too easy to make- & variate Wink
                  Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                  Tramps

This thread is useless without samples. Big grin

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

?? I don't understand why you'd buy those?? too easy to make- & variate Wink
                      really? it's easy? I guess I haven't even tried because I figured it would just take too long to crush graham crax fine enough so that it'd all stick together and form a crust. but if you say it's easy, then I'll give it a shot, next time I need one.

Tammy

Top 'O the World!

evanflein

I barely remember what any of that tastes like. Middle-aged metabolism sucks.
                          Tramps

Well, there goes my plan to lose a couple of pounds before my marathon. Roll eyes BTW, anyone ever see the film "Waitress"? I just watched it this weekend. Not really my cup of tea but there's this running gag about pie-making with some very unique ingredient combinations. So I had pies-on-the-brain all weekend...and now this thread! I know I should have just avoided reading it but the fresh-baked aroma was wafting over to the daily. Wink

Be safe. Be kind.

Top 'O the World!

really! do you have a food processor? especially a little chopper one? 2/3 pkg graham crackers in the thing for a few seconds, add 2-3 TBS of sugar dump into pie pan, add 2/3 stick melted marg/butter stir around & press into the bottom...depending on what the filling is, sometimes I add cinnamon, pecans etc...to the crust

#artbydmcbride

MMMM, yummy! Big grin Is Econo still on a diet?

Runners run