Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 1.21.14 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Nice 6er yesterday, Dave. Sorry about the 'guy problem.' There are so many things I could say,  but I'll just leave it at 'sorry.'

Good time of the year to go to Mexico for a wedding, Jlynne. Best wishes to DD2 and her new mister.

Very smart, Henrun & Marj - have an umbrella drink for us!

Congrats to your RP, Ribs - very smart running on her part. Those 5-minute exercise challenges sound, well, challenging! 310 push-ups is a lot, no matter how you slice it.

Evanflein, thanks for the ice tip. I usually wear YakTraks, but racewalkers need a lot more traction than runners, so there are many days that it just doesn't pay for me to head out the door. I should probably get a treadmill, but I'm afraid it would give me an excuse to not go outside when I can and should be outside. Did you get outside in that 'balmy' 30-degree weather yesterday?

Good use of kitty litter (before the cats get to it), TomW!

JBG, at least you were out there - good on you!

Tet's getting a cat??

Good 10er, C-R, but be mindful of that knee. Good suggestion to check ebay for my shoes: I did check last night, and found a link to a place that had my shoe/size for about 1/2 price, so I snagged a pair. Now I should have enough to last me 12+ months.

WildChild is back! Your vacation posts described and showed what looked to be a fantastic trip. Sorry about the Enke on your re-entry, but it seems you'll survive.

Upper 50s, Tramps? Wow!

Nice 11 in the Orchard, Mariposai. It must make you feel great to see people training for the half!

You had 50F too, NHLA? Must be local warming where you and Tramps are.

Funny way to get to 15, Enke - whatever works.

Nice 10er for you too CNY. Good luck getting out to CA tomorrow - I hear we have some weather coming in. Scotland sounds wonderful.

Holly took a rest day! Is this a first?

Tough workout on the Tm, Mike. I know that showering after chafing feeling, and it isn't fun. But it'll pass.

6.1 miles at 4:15 (with a bit of hazy half-moonlight). It was 9F with a WC of -5, so I kept the pace up to ensure that my hands stayed warm (which, with glove liners under my mittens, they did). All in all, it was a great, refreshing workout! I have another evening meeting tonight - I'm so dang lucky!

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

Currently at -2.4° here but we are north of all the snow.

I was up early, made it to the gym and back by 7:00am.  TM warm-up and some weights.

Welcome back Wild.  Sounded like a great trip.

lamerunner

Good morning.  More miles than degrees club back in business. I ran about 8 miles around town; thermometer at Pappys said 2 degrees. I was pretty toasty though until I turned back north info a bit of wind, then my face was cold. It turns out my rib is fractured, and certainly it aches all the time, but it is not much different running than sitting here, so I have been trying to get out.  I really should not have fractured it coughing at my age though...

Nice running CNY and I too am jealous about Scotland. Wildchild, glad you had a good trip and are home safely.  Lots of you hitting the warm weather spots lately...

Enke, great 15 miler. It is kind of fun when you stumble into those longer runs.

Happy Tuesday!

...mike//.............two words..........BabyPowder

===========

snow, 30-40 mph winds............meh

30-min xbike NOT standing

..................be careful out there guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

Doing Saturday's NY Times crossword and ran into this clue:  "The U.S. city that is approximately the same size in area as the State of Delaware."   15 letters

Karin, of all the many wonders of Scotland, what I will always remember is the food. Oh, did I eat!  Lucky you.

Welcome home Wild.

Went out for 6 this morning and just called it a day at 2. Some days you have it, some days you don't.  Spareribs

C-R

Hey All. Glad eBay worked for you Jay. Don't tell anyone though. It will keep the bidders down.

No snow? Lucky you Dave. We got another 2 and my shovel continues to smoke up the driveway. Who needs cross training anyway.

Nice run in those conditions lame. Brrr.

Ribs - I am reminded of an old saying - "Some days your the pigeon and some days your the statue" Tomorrow you'l be the pigeon of running.

10k of hill workout today. Don't like them while doing them but love the feeling after. One more workout closer to that goal marathon.

Cheers and stay warm.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

IMG]http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL918/3625207/7463363/408605284.jpg[/IMG]

I'm attempting to post a picture from my ipad.  I finished working the shoe sale yesterday and am baby sitting my grandson.

TomS

Oops. It didn't work.  I'll try again when I'm back home at my desktop.

tselbs picture

Here you go Tselbs.  Cute little guy.  Nice picture!

7 fairly sproinky miles at 9:05 pace this morning.  IRC.  I know i'm running these training runs a bit too fast.  And I'm getting older.  But I'm not yet ready to throw in the Speed towel so to speak just yet.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mariposai

Tselbs, he is adorable!

Bregarcito, great run today.

Only Jay can call having a meeting to attend as being lucky.

No running this morning, but yes to a very, very relaxing paraguayan yerbamate drinking morning before I had to rush off to work..

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

breger, thanks for fixing the picture.  Can you share the secret?

TomS

No great trick tselbs.  Just click on that icon at the top that looks like a mountain range.  (just to the left of the smily face/emoticon)  Then copy/paste the URL of the picture into the "Source" entry field.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

janie b good

cute baby, tom!

welcome home, wild!

sorry about the rib, lame.  feel better soon!

as always, thanks for the updates, jay!

3.3 t'mill miles set on cruise control (that's 6.5 - 6.7 for me).

and then I shoveled the driveway and sidewalks.  2" of new snow this morning.

I'm hungry.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

...that IS a cutie//.................Enjoy tselbs.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

What city in erika-land is bigger than delawar + rhode island combined?

five letters.

No great trick tselbs.  Just click on that icon at the top that looks like a mountain range.  (just to the left of the smily face/emoticon)  Then copy/paste the URL of the picture into the "Source" entry field.l

978+168+1;017 marathons = 2,163

<label>Source</label>

<input id="mce_49-inp" class="mce-textbox mce-placeholder" style="line-height: 30px; width: 283px;" type="text" value="C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\Joyfuls\Document1.htm" />

<label>Image description</label><input id="mce_50" class="mce-textbox mce-last mce-abs-layout-item" style="line-height: 34px; width: 283px; height: 32px; top: 0px; left: 141px;" type="text" value="978+168+1,017 = 2,163 marathonss" />

<label>Dimensions</label>

<input id="mce_52" class="mce-textbox mce-first mce-abs-layout-item" style="line-height: 34px; width: 47px; height: 32px; top: 0px; left: 0px;" maxlength="3" size="3" type="text" value="?" /><label>x</label><input id="mce_54" class="mce-textbox mce-abs-layout-item" style="line-height: 34px; width: 47px; height: 32px; top: 0px; left: 73px;" maxlength="3" size="3" type="text" value="?" />

 Constrain proportions

<button>Ok</button>

<button>Cancel</button>

%MCEPASTEBIN%

oh well, I tried.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Cutie Patootie tselbs!!

I broke a rib when I had pneumonia and I was in my 30s.....maybe I shouldn't have either, but the coughs were so frequent and hard. So sorry lamerunner....be careful! I know it's frustrating as well as painful.

Ran to the indoor track to meet my teammates at zero dark thirty and did some speed and strength drills and indoor laps and then 6 x long hill repeats at race pace (or what it might be when the wind is howling) and then ran home. 8.5 miles total.

Yes, excited about Scotland. Mr CNYrunner's research revealed that he is a member of Clan MacLeod, so I'll have to do some tartan and scotch shopping. I've been to Edinburgh a few times, but it's been at least 10 years since the last trip, so I am looking forward.