Masters Running

Happy Monday 8-31-15 Aamosy really wanted to start this thread (Read 38 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

are you logged in?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

are you logged in?

...ironically, I wasn't.........

...........................mornin' stumpy

=================

80-degrees, humid......................just the way we like it

two x 10-min walks with possibly a 3rd in a couple of hours

(dare I push the package??)

ya damn skippy.

.............................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I've been out of contact for several days as our daughter got married this past Saturday.  It was a happy time for all involved and a great wedding and reception.  Here's a picture of our daughter and new son-in-law.

For those of you from Michigan, or are otherwise interested, the kids are Michigan State grads and big fans.  The wedding was at the MSU Alumni Chapel and the reception was at the football stadium in the suite of the Huntington Club overlooking the field.

A quick scan of recent post shows me the big news is from tomw.  Tom, I'm so happy the surgery went well and you are making progress in your recovery.  I also noted that Tag had a birthday and deez did well in her triathlon.

This morning, it was in the low 60s and there was a little wind.  I did 5 miles at an 11:37 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

what a Great Picture tselbs//..............and a hansome couple

ok,

got 3x10-min today

which puts me in 2nd Place on mileage

'til someone else posts Smile

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

C-R

Hey all.

Great pic Tslebs. Wishing them all of the best in their marriage.

Missed the surgery tw (been awol for a while). Good to hear its going well and your doing multiples workouts in a day.

Got a good 8 at lunch today. Humid here too.

Will be starting a new job within the company on Oct 1. Pretty excited. Not a promotion but more hands on project management and development. First project is in Germany so I get to see my  brother and his family for the first time in ages. Kinda cool. And new places to run.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  Yes, I was, as I'd logged my am run (8 miles).  I think I'm precluded from certain things, which includes starting a daily, given my probationary status.   And yes, it seemed to make sense to start one instead of continuing on Sunday's, no?

Yay Deez, that is one fine accomplishment, even with the bonky run.  So impressive.

As are you, tw, keep up the progress; you can see we are all rooting for you. 

Lovely wedding photo and news, Tom, and also lovely to know Norm is still happily married.

So I'm giving DH (birthday is Wednesday) a November trip to Nashville...well, sorta....I really was impressed with what I saw (my friend's daughter took me out to dinner and gave me a whirlwind tour, enough to make me revise my erroneous image of the city) in August.

And he loves to fly and travel.......

yeah, I know.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

evanflein

I never came back and posted my run yesterday, but did have an "oh my!" moment hearing about C-R's DW having a boyfriend... glad it's actually a case of teen dating and nothing more. Sorry dad, but you'll get through it.

TomSelbs what a great photo of your daughter and new SIL. Congratulations! Sounds like a nice place for a wedding.

Maybe it's better that we don't have Amy starting new threads. I guess it depends on how much coffee she has first.

I texted Starr earlier to see how they were doing, and they're on the road heading to Valdez. Sure is a nice motorhome they rented for this trip. She's really done her homework too so they're not lacking plans or purpose!

I did get out for a run yesterday, 21.1 miles on the Equinox course. I basically did the whole thing except the 5 mile out and back in 3:15. I also started from my office and not going up the ski hill, so that added about .3 mile to the route but I missed the slow slog up that hill. Really happy with that run because even with the stops (Gu and water, Nuun, panting...) I pretty much made my time goals for the various sections. Add an hour for the part I missed (out-and-back usually takes me 55-60 minutes) and I'd be pleased with a 4:15 finish. That sure is a big steep hill though. Oy.

That capped off over 41 miles in three days, too. Today was no rain (yay!) but a cold wind made me regret leaving my gloves behind. 5.44 easy miles at lunchtime with sunshine, so that was nice. Legs feel pretty good considering what I put them through the last few days. One more pretty good week with another trip or two up the Dome and then it'll be taper time!

Thanks for cluing me in on that, Erika. I missed C-R's follow-up post yesterday. Gotta keep those RA abbreviations straight!

Great job on the tri, Denise! I stand in awe of the many triathletes that I know, including you.

Wonderful photo, TomS! Sounds like quite a time up there in East Lansing.

And speaking of Toms, good as always to see TW back with us making progress once again....

Nothing for me today except a session at the gym, but I have a planned LR (long ride) with the boys tomorrow. It might be one of the last stretches of hot weather for the year and no sense letting it go to waste.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Yeah--when my first DW got a new boyfriend, I wasn't quite as calm as C-R seemed to be, so I figured it must have been a typo...and I'm glad that it was.

I admire anybody who can do a tri of any distance.  Way to go Deez!

Congratulations Tom!  Very nice picture of your daughter and new SIL.

My run didn't go so well, tonight.  I was supposed to do 6 x 1 @ 6:40 with a 400 recovery between each and I only hit it once.  Oh well...I'll get it next time.  With warm up and cool down, I ended up with 12 miles in 1:29:42.

I hope wild gets back from vacation in time to get the monthly mileage thread going...where did she go, anyway?

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

SteveP

Every day with a Tom White sighting is a good day.

Very cool TomS!!

Nashville's pretty fun.

That's a nice little trek, Erika.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Every day with a Tom White sighting is a good day.

Very cool TomS!!

Nashville's pretty fun.

That's a nice little trek, Erika.

+1

No run or workout for me on Monday.

That's all I have....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

I hope wild gets back from vacation in time to get the monthly mileage thread going...where did she go, anyway?

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

I'm planning to start the monthly mileage thread later today when I get home.  We've been backpacking in the Wind River Mountains in Wyoming, so I'll have a good trail picture for you!  Currently in Laramie picking up my fuzzy running buddies from my sister's house.  Sadly, I did no running at all on vacation, but I think backpacking counts as cross training!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.