Masters Running

Sunday 19 April (Read 34 times)

Obviously in Venice.  Top to bottom, left to right:  my wife, her brother, me, daughter's fiance, daughter, brother in law's wife.

TomS

Colosseum: BIL's wife, BIL, my wife, me.

TomS

Within 20 feet of the pope.

TomS

coastwalker

Mornin' Tom and everyone.

Great shots, Tselbes! You all sure are hitting the highlights in Italy. Enjoy the rest of the trip.

Great job in the marathon in Carmel, Holly! Congrats on checking off another state.

So, Ribs - is it Low T or Low P? Good choice to go for the chilli last night. I'll bet it was delish.

So much going on yesterday, with some great runs, more weird weather, lots of yard work, and plenty of traveling to and final prepping for Boston. The volunteers for Monday's race got an email yesterday telling us to dress for rain. That's too bad, but I hope it will be just a light rain that won't hamper our racers. If we luck out, most people will be on their way before the rain starts.

I'm looking forward to the meet-up and race in Somerville, MA in a few hours. Yes, Twocat, I'll be racewalking the race. I'll try to remember any interesting comments I get along the way. And, yes, our neighbor is a good cook, and made a wonderful seafood stew for dinner last night.

Speaking of seafood, we were driving back from Trader Joe's yesterday, and there was a sign at the side of the road at Rye Harbor that read "Scallops NOW!" So we pulled in and snagged 5 pounds of scallops right off the boat. Yumm.

OK, gotta go have some breakfast and pack my bag for today's adventures with some RA friends!

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

C-R

Great pics Tselbs.

Have fun Jay.

Ran an easy four around Fenway and the lake + finish line this morning. Already crowded. Weather right now is perfect in the city. A good day to enjoy some sights and a ballgame.

Too funny about the typo enke. It would be great to see TW ready to run long. Sorry about that. Hope it's useful TC. I like Sunburst but then again that's my alma.

Have a great race and fun everyone.

Is there a post race meet up here in Boston? I may have missed it in some of the threads. Would love to connect.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

...great pics tselbs//.........Enjoy

....yeah,

CR kinda threw me there,,,,,,,,I probably need to be able to walk first.........

==========

,,,,but I digress,,,,,,,

50's here and what would be called A SQUALL if I lived in the Gulf States

60-min bike ride,

7-up and 7-down>>>>>>>came home and everything seemed to weigh twice as much as when I started.

IT WAS WONDERFUL/////

..............good running to the rest of ya..........and Best Luck to the Racers.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

TomS - beautiful pics!

TomWhite - nice workout!

Jay and C-R - enjoy!

3 mile recovery run for me today.

Now off to run errands with DD.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Great pics tselbs. Post more of them please.  Don't know about that second one though.  The building in the background looks kind of run down.  Maybe take some pics in a nicer neighborhood.  Also, as an avid reader of Donna Leon, I loved the Venice pic.

It was protein Jay, not T., so I'm encouraged to rearrange this diet.  Ten miles at an easy pace this morning at the Lake suggests I'm on the right track.  And btw, chili with meat and beans has about 25 grams of protein in just one cup!  But just so you don't think I've gone nuts on red meat, fish is very high in protein and I love it, so for the most part I'm going to get my protein from fish for dinner.

Big T'storms last night and lots of local damage and power outages, but none that affected us.  Spareribs

mrrun

Nice race Holly and good run Ribs

Here's the 'before' pic.  The after pic with aamos's bling is on a different camera.  A good race and lots of fun was had by all - on to LIR and the party!

evanflein

Love that tselbs started the thread with great pictures from Italy, and then Marj posts that picture from the Somerville 5k today! Would love to see the after picture. But hey... poor Amy looks cold!  (she's also the one with tan legs!)

Have fun at the Lir everyone, please take pictures! And C-R (heh, another one too, it was me, not Enke!) it's sometimes hard to get a post-race gathering because everyone finishes at different times, and this year everyone might be a little wet... but if you plan it right you can maybe get folks together for an early dinner at a mutually agreeable location. We did that my first year in 2008 and it was a lot of fun (can't remember where we went though).

Nice run, Ribs. I think you'll be pleased to see how you come back now that you know what was probably the cause of the fatigue.

It's really windy here today! Warm though at 54 already before 11 a.m. I just need to plan a run heading pretty much due west to take advantage of the tailwind!

mrrun

Evanflein - ask and ye shall receive.  these are deez's pictures

after-shot with coats!

Robin's partay - masterful as always!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Speaking of Holly's most excellent marathon in Carmel and she didn't even have to go all the way to California as I was thinking, I finally got over the craving for all the little bottles of banana lattes screaming at my stomach from all the vending machines everywhere over here in Japan.  I wonder if there's a remedy for the carmel ones?

Guess wildchild survived the food over on the other side of the world, and tom too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

What a great bunch of pictures, today!

Good luck tomorrow!  I don't think I'll be able to follow along but I'll be thinking about you.

That's it.  Gotta go.  See ya!

Tramps

Just poppin' in to say "Have fun!" to all the Boston runners.

And great TomS vacation pics and runner party pics, too!

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

Beautiful pics tom!  My husband and I recently watched a special on Venice. seems the sea water is flooding the city with much higher frequency than it used to and I don't recall if they said how many more years they expected Venice to survive, but possibly in our lifetimes, Venice will be a lost city to the sea. I believe they are trying to do what they can with engineering to prevent so much water in the city, but I think it's another example of humans will never be able to conquer mother nature, and also a sure sign of the oceans rising.   in any of the tours that you might have taken (if you did) did they talk about that at all?

I'm excited for all those in Boston and can't wait to blow off my morning productivity, as I do on every Boston marathon day, to following the runners!

Ran 12. 2 miles today. very warm here - mid 80's and even at 10:00 when i started out, I was feeling the heat already.

Tammy