Masters Running

Recommended Garmin for a low volume runner? (Read 320 times)

I have a 305 but could easily live with a 205. Unless I am doing a tempo run or speed work I do not bother wearing the HRM. Even then I use it for post-run analysis and not during the run. I know others swear by real time HRM training. I tried and gave up. So if you really want to cut the cost of the Garmin a bit you might consider a 205. All the stuff about the 301 is dead on. Forgetta about it. The thing does an awful job of tracking unless you live in the desert and run mostly in a straight line. Smile

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Kevin, you're worth it!! Don't feel guilty! It's just such a wonderful tool (I have the 305, but don't use the HRM). I love running down little cul-de-sacs and other side streets now - it's fun to explore, and I know I'm getting credit for all the miles I put in. It's also fun running in different states and countries and then seeing my routes on the satellite view! It also saves me a lot of time, because I don't have to drive around figuring out my distances! Enjoy!!
        All the stuff about the 301 is dead on. Forgetta about it. The thing does an awful job of tracking unless you live in the desert and run mostly in a straight line. Smile
        Wish I'd known about this before I bought mine. Blush

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong