Masters Running

2016 Portland, OR Marathon RA family meet up (Read 67 times)

mrrun

Portland Oregon museum non-running topic -

we just saw an exhibit on Native American fashions - not what you generally think of as Native American.  It's coming to Portland Art Museum and is a must see.  It's also going to NYC and Oklahoma so I don't know when - just thought this was the appropriate place to post.

marj

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks marj; me too.  I went down and ran the Portland Marathons in 1990, 1992, 2004, and 2006 before going down ahead of time this year and finding out that running is not only just about running as I joined up with more than a dozen members of the Japan 100-Marathon Joyful Running Club in not only taking a tour to all the waterfalls just outside of town along the Columbia Rivers but one in the middle of downtown too. .  ,

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I'm in, I'm in!  I finally got off work for the week I wanted in October so was able to register for the race last night!  Woo-hoo, can't wait see everyone. I am really looking forward to it! I opted for the half since this old achy body and too many broken parts that could fall apart by then.  I don't think I will ever tackle a marathon but that is OK.

p.s. I got this in my email yesterday....

Price increase early next week. Do not wait to snag a spot in the 2016 Portland Marathon Half. Now is your chance to be a part of the Portland Marathon's 45th Anniversary Celebration!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Yay Starr!  It will be great to see you!

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Just lurking here. We had a great Oregon week this past October. For Ralph's Oregon marathon he wanted to run this:

http://www.columbiagorgemarathon.com/

His brother and I were a relay team for the half. And our friend, Carol, ran the half on her own. (Got second in her age group, beat by 9 seconds)

We stayed the beginning of the week at Seaside Oregon at this VRBO:

https://www.vrbo.com/249557

For the second part of the week and for the Columbia Gorge marathon we stayed in Hood River:

http://www.hrvacations.com/listing/lincoln-house/

We flew in and out of Portland but spent no time there. Unfortunately, another Oregon trip is not in the budget. You all should have a blast!

Oregon is beautiful! We hiked all over the place. Loved it.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Mariposai

Just wanted to bump this post up.

Anyone interested in joining the fun, just sign up.

We will have a blast.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Jeez, I remember the CR Portland Gathering of '07.

How time flies.

(No, there's no way I can make it)

TammyinGP

great memories! This was my first RA gathering and was shortly after I started posting here.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, so who do we have who is in for sure?  (me, me, I'm in)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Me, me, too...unless my plane crashes.

Mariposai

Me

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I will most likely be there, but not running.  I could be support person.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I am in for the half.  I'd like to stay with the group somewhere Fri - Sun.  I actually took a week of vacation and will spend time in Portland with my friend, Ginnie.  She invited me to stay with her and go to their place on the coast. I am looking forward to the trip,  I haven't decided if I'll fly out of Sioux Falls or Minneapolis.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

TammyinGP

bumping this up.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I just wanna Amtrak down there in time to get to Posie’s

story telling hour I hope she’ll have by the time MikeE gets there too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)