Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 11.24.14 (Read 35 times)

Henrun

What a fantastic group of runners we have here-Aamos where are you?.  Ribs-great article.

A good day for me (despite a near disaster in our kitchen this morning- rescued by a drainage repair worker). Headed to the Y fora couple of miles on the training cycle followed by a yoga session followed by my strongest run in weeks(65 degrees-in shorts and short sleeved T).

Go Henry go!

Warm here as well in the 413---ran with Hudson and the kiddo---easy four miler and happy trotting by all. The kiddo and I chatted the whole way and Hudson was grinning.

Awesome racing over the weekend, PRs and strong performances right and left. Go RA Masters! I am worrying about Aamos though?! Report in when you can Amy.

Hope you round the corner and feel 100% soon fatozzig.

Get the ankle checked MS. So sorry about that tho'

C-R

The new CR? reminds me of the Who song. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

So I am waiting for DD to finish her appointment and I am reading Running Times. They have a short article on marathon recovery. Takes 4 weeks? Wait? What? Fist week - no running for three days. Oops. I guess that two I did to get loose was wrong. Second was no more than 20% of weekly miles. Ummm. If I hit 40 thats 80%. Oh boy. I guess giving blood today probably wasn't the right thing for recovery either.

Heh.

WTG Slo on RD. Good luck with that crazy weather.

Off to help with homework.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Unless she was pacing a friend almost as slow as me, with the Philly results indicating aamos’ recent finishes would have garnered another AG, by at least an hour-and-twenty minutes or so this time, she must be working with the Philly RD as they have her down for a PW almost the 5:08 when she won an AG combination  total of three races in 2006 (5K/15K/marathon).

I heard from Aamos on Sat that she turned her ankle sometime Friday or Sat before she arrived so not sure how she was feeling during the marathon -- didn't get any more messages after the race    Hope we hear from you soon!!

denise

Mariposai

What a fantastic group of runners we have here-Aamos where are you?.  Ribs-great article.

A good day for me (despite a near disaster in our kitchen this morning- rescued by a drainage repair worker). Headed to the Y fora couple of miles on the training cycle followed by a yoga session followed by my strongest run in weeks(65 degrees-in shorts and short sleeved T).

You so rock Henrun!

Mustang Sally, take care my dear. Are you flying out west for Thanksgiving? How is life in Michigan treating you?

Spareribs, yes, I remember dAAve chaning his name to Cassadimus. I sure miss him here! We need updates on bAAby. He must be about 7 by now.

We are all so proud of our runners. Another person worried about Aamos. Anyone here has her cell phone number to check on her?

Well, I am thrilled to announce that my sistahh Enkephalin and her kids and Remi are coming over to my place for the weekend. We will have a terrific time. The Easy Pacer is gone to see his family in Oregon for the week (work commitments  and lack of vacation time did not allow me to go to see his family, so it will be just  be Enkie,the kids, Rami and I for the weekend.. I can't wait to see them all. Ohh, and I have a cyber cooking date with my sons on Thanksgiving date...loving the thought of it.

2 miles on the TM tonight and 40' of weights and other core workout at the new to me gym on the Colville Tribal Indian Reservation (the Okanogan river divides Omak from the Indian Reservation). Anyway this place is small, but it has state of the art machines and it is free to the public.

Cheers,

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

We finally made it to Kauai after what felt like a gazillion hours on a plane with the most whiney children I've ever had on a flight! Good grief, that was miserable. Some of the worst examples of poor parenting skills (non skills?) I've ever seen. Glad that's over. It's kind of cool (for here) and windy here. We will head back to the airport tonight to pick up my MIL, then tomorrow the kids start showing up.

Awesome racing over the weekend, as others have said. Hugh congrats to the PRs, BQs, fun times and all the rest.

Sounds like a fun weekend shaping up for the Posai household.

Holly, ditto on good job making the kids pull together. In a few years, they'll get along so much better. (I'm sure of it!)

Looking forward to a run here tomorrow morning. But this was a planned non-running day. I'm not calling it a rest day though.... I'm exhausted.

Mariposai

Great news  about Erika arriving to sunny and hot Hawaii. Enjoy the family time together.

Most importantly, enjoy the hot weather runs!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, I am thrilled to announce that my sistahh Enkephalin and her kids and Remi are coming over to my place for the weekend. We will have a terrific time. The Easy Pacer is gone to see his family in Oregon for the week (work commitments  and lack of vacation time did not allow me to go to see his family, so it will be just  be Enkie,the kids, Rami and I for the weekend.. I can't wait to see them all. Ohh, and I have a cyber cooking date with my sons on Thanksgiving date...loving the thought of it.

Sounds like a great weekend on tap!

Erika - enjoy, and post a picture when you can.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."