Masters Running

Tuesday August 14 (Read 356 times)

Dove let me add my kudos to all those you have already received on your latest amazing demonstration of human endurance!

rhoon phast as usual you have by far the most amazing daily adventures of anybody I have ever heard of!

Slo_Hand you mean running without a Garmin!  Why that, that, that is almost not running!  Shocked  I do not think I could manage it!!

coastwalker I hope your life becomes a bit less hectic.  But if not for hectic periods we would likely not appreciate the tranquil ones.

enkephalin it has been a long time since I last got to visit Seattle.  But as I recall it is a very beautiful area.  I am glad to read you had a good time with your sister.

SteveP hmm, never knew there was a good opportunity to run somewhere that you had to watch for trees with thorns.  Have you considered roads?  There you only need to dodge cars.  Wink

Mariposai I hope you managed to evade the zombie hordes!

fatozzig not too many dead emaciated parakeet's in cages that I know of.  He will eat!

StarRuns see that is real running since you had your Garmin.  What is with these non-Garmin wearing types?

breger1 nice tempo run.  It really does help to have somebody to do it with.  Glad you ran into somebody you could finish up with.

TammyinGP I hope those fires are not a threat to where you work or live.  Are they?

evanflein but I bet moose sandwiches are a lot cheaper in Fairbanks!  As to the weekend, somehow I bet you run the whole 20.

No zombies on my run today.  But over 20 miles there was no way I could make that and handle zombieslecks. The good news for my avatar is that it is now once again cured and back to non-zombie mode! 

Busy week for me.  Work is taking up most of my free time since the students are now returning.  Friday and yesterday yours truly was corralled into judging an orientation case competition for the incoming class.  They had to suggest a business to fit into a 6000 square foot first floor space in town.  Some of the ideas were pretty creative, if unlikely to make money!  This weekend my DW and I are hosting a barbecue party.  I will need to get a few rib racks ready to smoke.   I also need to make some side dishes.  A friend of mine will be coming Saturday morning to smoke a pork shoulder and chickens.  He has a set of real smokers so his stuff is always great!  But, if I do say so myself, my smoked ribs are better!  Big grin

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

his weekend my DW and I are hosting a barbecue party.  I will need to get a few rib racks ready to smoke.   I also need to make some side dishes.  A friend of mine will be coming Saturday morning to smoke a pork shoulder and chickens.  He has a set of real smokers so his stuff is always great!  But, if I do say so myself, my smoked ribs are better!  Big grin

salivating . . . .

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

SteveP hmm, never knew there was a good opportunity to run somewhere that you had to watch for trees with thorns.  Have you considered roads?  There you only need to dodge cars.  Wink

When's dinner??

The trails we hit are not much different than most roads.

Where else can you get a view like this???

On the road, my fuzzy running partner is on a leash. One of us holds the other back.  

SteveP

Dove, I don't think I ever said anything about your ultra, but WTG!

6 miles with 6 strides at the end.  2 very cool things happened.  The high school track was open because the band was practicing.  DS and his trombone section was elsewhere at the school so he couldn't be embarrassed by me running there.  The drum line was practicing and their beat was perfect for the end of my easy run.

The strides were pretty amazing.  When I do them at the track, 6 x 100m, walking back between each, the way Coach taught me, it usually takes about 2 minutes for them so that's about 20 seconds each.  This evening it was 1:51:72.  They got faster and faster and that's the fastest ever!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Marathon Maniac #957

there was some pain involved...

I think all of us here know what you mean. Smile

6 easy-paced miles for me on a Tuesday morning.

Kitchen rehab, work, and soccer for both kids is taking up all my time right now.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."