Masters Running

Monday 3/18/13 Daily (Read 48 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Byll - beautiful pics - what a lovely couple! And, ehem, you are looking quite fine in your tux!

Kevin - drive carefully!

Leslie - nice racing and glad you survived uninjured - always my first goal.

3 recovery miles for me today and a light upper and core workout.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

sucker for bubbles

breger wonderful pix

7 recovery miles

Bushrat Runner

Tet, nice feet yesterday.

Ran 5 with Mo and Choco yesterday. It was good. Need to run more.

Happy runs all.

Mariposai

Yeap...the pictures proof it...

that Bregaecito is one handsome dude...

but...Mrs Breger is stunning gorgeous!!!! (what is her secret to keep that great figure and gorgeous youth?)

******* my new year's resolution********* meet Mrs Breger soon to ask for  her secret.

Ohhh I did some running today. EASYYY such as a 12 mile pace easy for 4 miles, 3 with a lady I am mentoring to run. Every time I think of this lady, I smile. She has done so much to loose weight.

This lady needed to loose some serious weight about 3 years ago. She has been working hard to loose the pounds by taking advantage of all the free community resources we offer here. She asked me a year ago if I can help her run 3 miles. I told her that she was shortchanging herself, she can run more than that...

long story short. I am working with her now to run her first half marathon in the fall...(her DH decided to do it too). Today she ran her planned 3 miles. I was running when I saw her at the end of her run. I lured her into running slowly with me and we ran 3 miles together...her first 6 miles ever...Shy

at the end...

she was beaming...

I was beaming!!!

Cherish the gift! It is a blessing!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Bill, I loved the pictures, now post the rest of 'em.  Did you sing a song at the wedding?  The music is one of my favorite parts.  I attended a living funeral - Celebration of Life yesterday for a 64 year old friend with ALS.  It was a first for many of us there.  She's in a wheelchair but had the square dance group there and did a dance.

Today was the funeral of a 59 year old classmate of mine.  Actually her sister was in my class, but I knew all three girls in the family.  She was in the hospital less than a week.  She was on a ventilator because of a collapsed lung and then they found lung cancer.  She was unable to talk but was alert and wrote lots of journals during that time.  There was just nothing they could do for her, how sad.  It was good to see the family and reconnect with her sister Dawn, my friend.

This week is busy for me to get our stuff organized and up to the auction site on Thursday.  I may get to run on Thursday if we get all the junk stuff moved in time.  I looked on ebay and last night....the vintage Pepsi Cola folding chairs are listed at $250 a piece!  My sister said she wants them for her patio, but I'm going to sell them.  I am the one that hung on to them and stored them all these years knowing that they be worth something someday.  They'd be ruined in no time if she puts them outside.  I am sure anxious for this all to be over and for the sale of our house to go through.

I admire all of you who stay on track with your plans, I just don't seem to have a running plan right now, plus it's freezing cold again here.  A year ago it was 81°.  The does seem like the longest winter, even if we didn't get that much snow.  Mike E got a lot more just 3 hours from here.  I'm ready for Spring.  I'll be back then!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

long story short. I am working with her now to run her first half marathon in the fall...(her DH decided to do it too). Today she ran her planned 3 miles. I was running when I saw her at the end of her run. I lured her into running slowly with me and we ran 3 miles together...her first 6 miles ever...Shy

at the end...

she was beaming...

I was beaming!!!

Cherish the gift! It is a blessing!

This is so cool, Mari!  I want you to menter and run with me!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Marathon Maniac #957

I was running when I saw her at the end of her run. I lured her into running slowly with me and we ran 3 miles together...her first 6 miles ever...Shy

at the end...

she was beaming...

I was beaming!!!

Smile

Hang in there, Starr...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."