Masters Running

Suiyoubi February 11 - revenge of the geta marathon (Read 34 times)

usandtoto-2@msn.com

pps - it reported to be -40 degrees either F or C, I don't know, in Hokkaido where Mike and Sue went to the ice festival this weekend.

Tet,  wow -40 would be very cold "weather" it be F or C.  Not sure were in Hokkaido the weather report was from but the coldest we felt was about -9 C without the wind chill in Sapporo Friday evening.  It was pretty cool seeing all of the ice and snow sculptures.  A few of the snow sculptures were as big as buildings (one was a scaled down version of an actual historical building).  Though the biggest kick we had was being interviewed (the same 5 questions) by small groups of Japanese elementary school kids so they could practice their English.  Had a good fill of both food and "beru" (Sapporo Classic draft).  Though for the first time in many months I didn't run for three consecutive days, though we walked over 20,000 steps each day.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!  Busy day for Wednesday, but I will check in with my 4.4 miles on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."