Masters Running

Tuesday: 6.9.15 (Read 34 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

the trouble with PBS fundraisers is they keep on asking for money.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

coastwalker a 3 hour meeting!  Shoot me now!

Dave59 also see if you can get the dirt out of the yard.  

Slo_Hand set the meat out?  What are or were you supposed to be having?

AamosY madam iron tendons you are!

tetsujin209 I think a fund raiser with all the musicals from the Ed Sullivan show would work.  I would pay to get out!  

TammyinGP I was reading about the fire season danger out west for this year.  It sounds awful.

Holly S. that sounds brutal!  I hope your dental ordeal is nearly over.

SteveP cute turtle!

Mariposai that is one hot spell you are having!

deez4boyz I hate it when a lose a long post!  My deepest sympathies.   I sure have done it enough times. 

Today I went off for 13 miles.  Before I left I checked the WeatherBug app on my cell phone.  The map showed not a single rain drop anywhere nearby.  Yes, the dew point was a bit high but that and clouds are fine.  Then while running what do I see?

See that?  Those are goslings!  Yes, evil bad omen goslings!  What do geese like?  Water!  Where do you get water from?  Rain!!!!  What did it do during my final mile home?  Rain!!!    All due to those horrible (if rather cute little fuzzballs) goslings!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Twocat, I saw geese and goslings on my run tonight too but only two of them with ma and pa. It is stormy here now but was just hot and steamy earlier, 99 degrees, I think.  Tammy, we like to watch the lightning show out over the lake, I feel like getting a megaphone so I can order the stupid boaters off the lake when it starts getting nasty. Holly, OUCH! Can't he give you nitrous oxide gas? That does the trick for me.  Good luck selling the house and keeping everything clean!

After work I had an appointment with my Podiatrist. It has been six months since my foot surgery and I still have some pain but have gotten some range of motion back in the big toe. I am going to try shoe inserts for 30 days to see if they help. The felt a little odd at first but the run went OK. Just 2 1/2 miles, tomorrow I will go longer.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

got to love the goslings that brought rain on Twocat.  Yeahhhh great job!.

Tamster, we already have had a few forest fires around here.

Ok, time to report my 6 miles run this morning with every other mile at faster pace. 

Jay, great to hear your meeting with the commission went well.

Off to give extra water to the garden plants, which high temperature around here they need extra help. It was 106 today here... crazy, that is August temp for us.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Mariposai I can't imagine that heat now, but then again we're consistently 20° cooler than we normally are for this time of year. Loved our May, not enjoying our June that much. The cooler temps on their own wouldn't be so bad, but it's been so windy too! Really makes it not much fun to hang out around outside like we normally like to do. Phooey.

6.3 miles tonight after work at a good brisk GA pace. Interesting how the first mile was 20-30 seconds slower than my "easy" run yesterday, but felt so much harder. That's what a slight uphill and brisk headwind will do for you. I don't like to rate my runs by the pace, but rather by the effort. Some really easy runs end up much faster paces than harder "GA" runs. Today we had 12-15 mph winds from the south. We're normally a pretty stable air environment, so these winds without incoming thunderstorms really aren't typical. So far, I'm not enjoying out "atypical" conditions.

SteveP

primarily ceramics, nails and glass from 1850's.  today they found a bottle and needle from 1800's.  if you have any interest - or want pictures, they can be followed at https://www.facebook.com/BostonArchaeologyProgram or at ‪#‎digbos‬‪#‎digOCH‬

the trouble with PBS fundraisers is they keep on asking for money.

please keep that heat out west - 

marj

A couple of the routes we take bring us past what I image are eradicated homesteads and place where trains were loaded with grist, water and wood. I kinda would like to dig and I kinda would like to see if others explore as well.

SteveP