Masters Running

soggy sunday july 6 runs (Read 404 times)

Thanks Twocat and tselbs. Hey Master runners, some really good runs out there today. Let me add mine to the mix. 6 easy miles 10:46 pace. A nice breezy 95F. "Summertime and the livin' is easy."
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Really nice runs... mine NOT included... too muggy! 72F dewpoint 68, tropical rain forest feel at 6:30 am! 14.9 miles of hills in 2:20:29 (9:26 pace, AHR 152). Last few miles a real drag due to water loss. Lost 7 lbs. When I lose more than 5 I can feel the HR go up and the pace go down. Maybe I should just tow a wagon with a water barrel Smile Tapering anyways so the rest of the week is easy til Saturday (yikes) First 2.2 miles with Tory

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thank you fjord guddina and Tom, you too. made up for missing the Forth of July Firecracker 5000 and yesterday's 50K with 26.2 miles at ultra-pace on my nemesis Snoqualmie Rails-to-Trails where sharp gravel "improvements" had previously shredded my thongs and tenderized my soles to curtain April's planned 50-miler to 29 miles and May's 100K to 42 miles. I did the same 100K in cutoff time last year in my Merrell trail Bahria thongs but both straps broke this year and it's been hard to find a good replacement so I glued a stiff insole on the tops of a regular drug-store variety thong <>$5/$5)>>>> and had all the protection I needed. Exceeded the 25 miles from June 7-July 6 in one fell swoop and confidence-builder for 50-miler at the end of the month. <>franci/franci)>>>> enke/franci - unlike last week's scortching Seafair Marathon (when I was out-of-town), it was cloudy and cool in high fifties all the way/

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

DW encouraged me to get out and put in a few miles today. 2.5 miles!! Sa weet. We went to see Don McLean last night. Very good show. After, he signed autographs and gald handed the fans. Cool What a class act there. DW took our picture together...with out the flash...I'll see if I can edit it. We'll see.

SteveP