Masters Running

Sunday January 18 Runs and Adventures (Read 464 times)

Hermosa......jeebus....... that guy's fast. Shocked I am consistently amazed by his race times. I, on the other hand, ran a therapeutically long and slow 12.1 miles today.....9 m/m's, 134/153. It's a little inclement out; at least it wasn't on the treadmill. Now I'm off to do a little bird-watching: hoping to spy some cardinals and eagles. Wink Walt MTA: I never hit 'submit' this afternoon.....I'm a little behind the curve.
    TammyinGP

Tim - I will echo what TwoCat says - you need to ease back slowly. I know that only doing a couple miles seems slow enough, but it's really not. I am relieved to hear though that even those few TM miles didn't appear to cause anything long term - maybe just a temporary ache or pain due to too much. Just got done consoling my 9 yr old, who was quite upset about the Eagles losing. He takes football WAY too seriously. I, on the other hand, was quite happy that the Cardinals won - if nothing more than for the fact that it's our division, but had to contain my excitement or it would be like pouring salt in my sons wounds. Now, he's outside running around and playing football - burning off his energy - and getting ready for Ravens/Steelers. He and I are both going for the Ravens, so I hope at least one of his teams wins today. Boy, Sundays are sure intense around here! My foot felt a bit tight after my race yesterday, but feels pretty good now. And it's a nice sunny, but cold, day - IRC. But since I have tomorrow off work and would like to test out the foot on a long run tomorrow, I'll continue to stay off it, even though those blue skies are calling for me. Have a good rest of the day everyone! Go Ravens!

Tammy

King of PhotoShop

Tim, listen to what twocat said. Please learn from where you have been and what makes sense. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim, listen to what twocat said. Please learn from where you have been and what makes sense. Spareribs
          OK, but I thought I was doing the right thing...nice and slow and short. But my foot feels really good tonight...thank goodness Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

#artbydmcbride

Great running Holly and you too TwoCat! Smile Hubba Hubba at the fast hermosaboy! Fast at the short stuff and the long stuff too. 6 miles in the dry windy heat. Just a nice recovery run to work out any kinks from yesterday's 20, and get ready for tomorrow's long run (have to take advantage of the MLK holiday) Big grin

Runners run

evanflein

I agree that Hermosaboy is smokin' fast. Nice 20 yesterday Ilene... so the "long run" is tomorrow? If the 20 wasn't your long run for the week... what was it? Too lazy to check intrepid thread... what are you training for? We got another inch or two of snow last night. On top of the ice. Oh goodie! So I went down to my treadmill tonight, entered 99 minutes on the timer (the max) and hit start. First mile at 8:49, next at 8:41, then 3 @ 8:20, and 3.74 @ 8:13, total of 11.74 miles. The first 8 miles or so were filled with dark thoughts, last 3.whatever were just for me. 11.74 miles in 99 minutes. Hadn't eaten since 3 or so and found I got really hungry about halfway thru this run.