Masters Running

Wed Oct 15 Runs and Workouts (Read 681 times)

SteveP

Good morning, all! Hmm, got back from our runs and the internet was down -- I needed to reset the DSL router and our wireless router. Legs were a little tired this morning, from what I have no idea. Happy Wednesday!
    I wonder if the two are related???? Agent 6106, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to kick it and have fun. Don't forget your utility belt with Wheaties, can of spinach, and you may need a rolling pin. Calls from boot camp rock!!!
    hmmmm...I think wildchild just called me fat...
    She said your shoes make your butt look fast. Rest day today.

SteveP

holly, dickyg, tselbs -- thank you!! that was a PR for me and I'm still psyched!! today -- 3.3 miles in 30:12 -- now back at work so no time to read thru all the dailies but maybe later will be better quick add tho -- my youngest son's XCountry team took their CAC league championship today -- so happy for them -- first meet i've had to miss -- he had a PR 21:36 -- each meet he keeps improving!!

denise

Wow busy group today! Five pages! Shocked I am in Evanston, IL so it has been a busy day. I did manage to get in a 9 mile run this morning. I wish I could report all was 100% but not quite. I will see what tomorrow brings. Since the discussion of the day seems to be shoe replacement I stop training in mine after about 300 miles. I figure a sneaker is cheap relative to an injury so why risk it? Who knows maybe they would be fine for another 200 but the only way to find out would likely make me sorry I did.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I finally made it back from Orlando and made it through 6 days of dailies Shocked Disney charges $10 a day for Internet, so I wasn't able to log on. Surprisingly, I was busy enough that there was no withdrawal symptoms. I made it out running twice and I again express my admiration BregerBill and the other southern folks for being able to run in heat and humidity so much of the year. I'm guessing 75 and high humidity both days at about 7:30am. only about 3 miles each time, but I came back looking like I got hosed down. I don't think I ever ran in that temperature during the summer here in Boston. Then there was just a little bit of walking around all the parks for 4 VERY long days. Made me wish I had a garmin to get some idea of how many miles we covered. some very good races and RRs that I also made it through--CNY (both running and cheerleading), Tramps and his 20 miles (and shoes), Tammy's PR (they all count, even the small ones) and several others I'm missing. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Finally made it home and no time to read the daily (yet). But I did want to let Evryday know that yes I ran in Forest Park on Sunday. And if my foot hadn't been so painful, and if we'd gotten out earlier, it would've been really nice! Should be nice next week but it was really hot last weekend. I didn't have my Garmin, but the map said it was 5.6 miles all around the park on the running or the biking trail (same trail sometimes). I highly recommend it, and if I go back I'd do it again. Long trip back, and dinner is very late here. It's like 11:30 CT, and I'm just getting to sit down now. Might run tomorrow, don't know yet.