Masters Running

Veteran's Day Daily, 11.11.14 (Read 36 times)

janie b good

Many thanks to our veterans ... happy veterans day!

4.23 miles; sunny, 70*

feel better soon, holly!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Mariposai

Spareribs, you trouble maker!

What a great idea to give a hug or take a Veteran for a cup of coffee, I will do that.

Only Holly can get a sproinky miles when she is sick. Take care my girl friend.

Janie b good, great to see you posting again.

Subdoo, how fun that you had the chance to meet up with MikeE. He is indeed a great gentleman.

The Easy Pacer and I timed our run just perfectly. We drove the car to Les Schawb to have the snow tires to be put in both cars and then we took off for a cold, but really great run. Six miles with him, then I added another 2.5 miles to go up the canyon for more autumn sunshine and a few more miles since I have the day off today. I just love the way the crispy autumn leaves sounds on every landing of my foot. It has a symphony in itself.

Time to plant six yucca plants on the terrace before the strong wind and arctic wind hits our town. Stay warm folks.

Salud to our Veterans.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

A hugh thank you to all our RA veterans for your service!

Janie, 70 degrees?  Lucky you. I just came in from my first more-miles-than-degrees run of the season:  5 miles, 2 degrees.

Jay, nice picture!  I was going to make the same comment as Holly about the jacket around the waist.  Guess the guy loves her anyway!

Amy, of course you were 3rd OA -- 3rd AG would be mighty slow for you! 

Very cool that SubDood and Mike E ran together!  How far apart do you guys live?  Speaking of which, I need to meet up with A Trackrat one of these days!

Stay warm, friends!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Hey...speaking of veterans...did you guys know that SubDood spent 6 years as an officer in the US Navy...and spent most of that time in a dang submarine?!

Thanks to everybody else who served...and actually took it seriously.  I went into the Air Force as a 17 year old kid and left, four years later, as a 21 year old kid...

Anyway--I because of the icy roads, I went 10.2 miles on the treadmill in 1:20:34.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

Happy veteran's day to all who served!  Those who serve risk everything for us and we owe them far more than we will ever repay.

On a far less important note, my DW and I returned today from Savannah.  I have to say it is a very beautiful city.  Great for walking around.  It also seems very livable.  I highly recommend taking a trip there.  They have numerous historical sights with plaques telling you about the place and monuments to commemorate various events.

In the end we never did go to Paula Dean's restaurant.  There were just too many others with great reviews to blow a meal on one that while very famous, was not well rated.  I am terrified to get on the scale tomorrow!  I probably doubled my lifetime consumption of grits in the last week.  No,, I am not sorry.  Well at least not yet!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

SteveP

That picture is greta, Jay!!! At first, it looked like the dude was showing her wind up fake dentures and her apparent excitement was endorphin induced.The fella in blue looks like he's near tears as the jacket is tied around her waist.

What's 3rd OA when you're first OA in our hearts?

Get well soon Holly. Careful not to share. Colds can be a near death experience for some men.

With all the rain we've had lately, I was in a hurry to get to a trail that's very hilly with a clay base. The arms got a workout as well. They were flailing around while trying to keep my balance. I slid down the hills and struggled up them while looking for smaller trees to assist in the accent. The start of the trail has 847' elevation. Today, there were puddles along the top that were calf deep. With various fauna coming into heat, Tag's sniffer was working over time. Stoopid sunset.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."