Masters Running

Tuesday - 1/20 (Read 32 times)

I am sitting on a plane so this will be short.  I got talked into running 11 miles instead of 9 this morning. Then laughed at for doing 11 on the TM! The nerve of some people!  

In about 5 hours I should be on the road home!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Doug, my feeling on the testing is if you keep asking what else they can do, they'll keep telling you. Most of this testing on healthy adults is unnecessary and it's not cheap. About a third of medical care delivered in this country is unnecessary and a waste of money. But, if there are reasons (symptoms) to look into, and it would change (or confirm) a diagnosis and possibly alter a treatment plan, it may be something to pursue.

Also, I have a mac and when it's "sleeping" my Garmin still shows that it's charging, then complete. Sometimes (not always) if I leave it on overnight, the next time I use it it's drained. Doesn't happen all the time so hard to say what's causing it.

Good plan on the Rogue River Run, that sounds like fun. The dog runs do, too. I'm envious of Tammy's running plan! 

Good for you on sticking out 11 miles, Twocat, but it's funny you know. It's not like someone took you somewhere farther away than intended and you had to get back. You could've stopped and stepped off the darn thing at any time, right?

It's warmed up to a balmy -5° this afternoon. Actually, I shouldn't complain, and I'm not. Simply mentioning that we seem to be heading into what is really normal temps for this time of year. We may not see above zero for the next week or two....

wildchild

Carolyn

Tammy, I love how David is coaching you!  I bet it really makes him feel good that you asked him to do that!

The talk about heart disease is interesting - my DH has heart issues, and had a stent put in 2 years ago for a mostly blocked coronary artery.  Luckily he did not have a heart attack - he had chest pain and got it checked out in time.  He still gets chest pain from time to time, but it appears to be from stress.  He now eats a pretty strict vegan diet, with no processed food, no dairy, and no fats.  He even cut out nuts and avocados.  I have no idea if my arteries are blocked at all  -  I've never had any issues, so never had it checked. But that doesn't mean I don't have blockage that I don't know about.  I eat a healthy diet, mostly vegan, but not as strict as DH.

12.3 chilly miles today.  Felt good to be out there, being joyful and enjoying the gift!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey folks,

Scary stuff about runners dropping dead. We tend to assume we are healthy because we run and keep our weight reasonable, but hidden health problems can still be there.

9 miles with fartleks on Tuesday.  34 degrees felt so much warmer than Sunday due to the lack of wind.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."