Masters Running

Thumpthing for Thursday, 8.2.12 (Read 443 times)

Dave59

Karl - Watch out for gangs of old ladies, baby snatchers and vicious gangs of keep left signs.

Marathon Maniac #957

...I have

noticed our fattest cat is looking Particularly Tasty.....

snork!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Being a Latina, I enjoy the hot summer days. The hotter, the better

I knew we were secretly sisters!  Smile

But I agree - while I love the heat, I don't really run well when it is this hot.  60's and humid at 5am is normal for here, but this summer it has been 70's and 80's and humid at that time, and that is not conducive to my best running, even though I love the freedom of just running out the door in singlet and shorts, instead of worrying about layers.

6 miles of fartleks this morning.  I intended in doing 600m intervals, but for some reason my Garmin wouldn't find the satellites.  Still a lovely run with the full moon watching....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Summer vs winter running--I was going to automatically say that I like winter running better than summer, too...but when I stopped to think about it, I realized that I will run on the treadmill when it's below zero but I'll go outside when it's 95...so I guess my actions tell me that I like summer running better...or, at least tolerate it better.

Tom--where in Minnesota is the wedding you're going to?

I went for 10.1 miles in 1:15:48, tonight.  I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more if I wasn't stewing over the events of the day...I got a speeding ticket!  Obviously, I have nobody to blame but myself...I missed the fact that the speed went from 50 to 35 a little too late.  It's been 37 years since my last--and only other--one.  $145!  Oh well...it's not like I have never sped over those 37 years, so I guess I was due.

Okay--I guess that's it for the day.  See ya! 

Bike ride for about an hour. Didn't get any speeding tickets.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Twocat - *snork!* 

I've been L-A-Z-Y.  I gotta drag myself out tomorrow morning.  And starting Monday, I HAVE to get back into my strength training routine.  I've lost so much muscle definition in my upper body over the last four months, it's ridiculous.  Will take months to get it back. (Translation: I'm an idiot.)

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

My only speeding ticket was because I did speed up for about one minute to avoid the guy driving behind me to come crushing on me. I did not enjoy paying the fine at all.

87F, sunny and with a summer breeze. 8.5 miles. Then I drove back home (Surprised) and cool off with my favorite activity, watering the plants.

Yeap, I confess I hosed myself down first...it was fun!

Live each season as it passes;

breathe the air,

drink the drink,

taste the fruits,

and resign yourself to the influences of each.

Henry David Threau.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Live each season as it passes;

breathe the air,

drink the drink,

taste the fruits,

and resign yourself to the influences of each.

Henry David Threau.

Love this!!

Definitely a hot weather  lover here but agree it can make the runs more difficult ...... tonight after a flash thunder and lightening storm, the sun and humidity came back full force!!  Met some of my running friends before our Jaime's Pub run ..... did 1.1 mile with one friend, then 1.9 with another to get in my 3 pre-Jaime's miles.....then did the 3.4 with the group!!  That blueberry ale sure tasted good after that!!

Saturday running a Joan Benoit Samuelson race - the Beach 2 Beacon 10k in Cape Elizabeth, Maine - beautiful area!!

Have a wonderful Friday my friends!!

denise

SteveP

I think Tazzie should get the stink award - she had a skunk encounter last night, when I let the dogs out before bed. Wow, she smelled bad!  I washed her the best I could, but it's tough because she's a strong dog who does NOT like baths.  DH agreed that he'll help me wash her again tonight, as she still stinks.

Mix hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and a touch of dish soap. Apply before the concoction quits fizzing.

Our Company's New Mangy, Flea Infested (Possibly Rabid) Mascot....And a Raccoon.

No animals we're harmed in this photo. ...ticked off and dissatisfied, yes....

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

I've been L-A-Z-Y.  I gotta drag myself out tomorrow morning.  And starting Monday, I HAVE to get back into my strength training routine.  I've lost so much muscle definition in my upper body over the last four months, it's ridiculous.  Will take months to get it back. (Translation: I'm an idiot.)

I'm totally with you on this....

Steve - Big grin