Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 8.25.14 (Read 39 times)

BTY

Good afternoon, all. Nice work out variety.

Off to the gym at 6 this morning for 30 minutes of stretching and 30 minutes of chest/delt/tri strengthening. Lunchtime run was 4 .5 miles with 3.0 at 8:21/21/15.   That's my zone so I know I'm fairly fit but thinking I should ratchet September 7th's 10k race down to a 5k. I was training ok but don't have the miles for racing 10k.

When I got out of the shower today I saw the baseball sized hematoma behind and above my knee, from pulling my hamstring last week. One of my training partners suggested a way to make it fade away, and I was like, what, are you nuts?

My youngest passed her permit (written) test at the DMV today, while my youngest son was passing another test - driving home from his first day of classes at the community college. He survived and is going back tomorrow. Big accomplishment for him as he has anxiety struggles.

Played with the hr monitor today - after running the easy 3, my hr dropped, over 2 minutes, steadily from 160 to 130. Walking out to the parking garage at the end of the day, carrying too much stuff, my hr got up to 120.

Easy run around the after work followed by a 9 mile bike ride.  Off to Celebrate Recovery now.  Oh, that run around the lake was my  best in a long time (11:30 pace for 4.7 miles).  Gotta go, see ya!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

SteveP

Sheesh, Jay. Some people's kids.

Have fun with the babysitting TomS.

TwoCat, you're making me hungry.

Starr, there were way too many teary eyed moments. I got to talk f2f with a fella who interviewed me last Dec. I told him how his follow up really helped a destitute household. The person who finished the half after most of the marathon runners came in. She had me chicken up.

Good luck for your DD BTY.

I got a call from the company that let me go 7 years ago. We had an interview right there and a fair offer. And my requirements were well received. We went over the future of the company and where I'd to grow. After the Dr appointment tomorrow, I have a 2nd interview. It's nice to be courted. The response when I said, "You know I'm still ****ing nuts?" went over well.

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy recovery celebration Starr and DH

Yep, there’s a lot of nuts in here but so many hearts of so much gold
          I don’t see how you can run but I’m sure glad you do.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Yesterday’s triathlon results are in and, my good bike rack placement near the exit/entrance of the transition area (and barefoot cycling/running) garnered an 18.7 second T-2 OA best (bike-run transition).  However, the little longer run from the lake to the bike corrals slipped me into third place OA out of 405 finishers for both transitions combined. oh well.    Triathlons sure became a lot more fun with the advent of chip timing and place mats. .
          The average T-1/T-2 time for everyone was probably around four minutes so poor planning and paltry practice cost lots of runners dearly in their potential AG placements.  However, I was so slow in the three real legs that it didn’t matter to me. Besides, I was the only one in my AG. Smile    Maybe the event photos'll make me look faster . . . . (NOT but at  least I'll still be havin' fun).
          I.  SUPER-SPRINT RESULTS (45 FINISHERS)
          .. Swim (0.25mi). . . . . 16.21.7 (43/45)
          .. T-1 (swim-to-bike). . . 1:10.1 (1/45)
          .. Bike (16.7mi). . . . .1:09:01.5 (33/45) - 14.5mph
          .. T-2 (bike-to-run). . . . .0:18.7 (1/45)
          .. run (5K). . . . . . . . . . 38:35.0 (39/45)  - 12/27m/m
          .. Total. . . . . . . . . . . 2:05.27.0 (33/45)
          = = = = =
          II.  OVERALL (405 FINISHERS)
          .. A.  T-2 TRANSITION TIME (BIKE-TO-RUN
          .. .. 1.  Barefoot J (71). 0:18.4 ..
          .. ..  2.  Corey D (25). .  0:21.2 ..
          .. .. 3.  Jon M (31). . .  . 0:23.2 
          .. .. 4.  Jack T (18). . . . 0:26.1 
          .. .. 5.  Nick J (28). . . . 0:28.8
          .. .. 6.  John A (32). . .  0:29.5
          = = = =
          .. A.  OVERALL (T-1 + T-2)
          .. .. 1. Corey D (25). . .1:15:.7
          .. .. 2.  Jack T (18). . . .1:25.7
          .. .. 3.  Barefoot J (71)1:28..8
          .. .. 4.  Jon M (31). . . . 1:29.0
          .. .. 5.  Nick J (28). . . . 1:32.1
          .. .. 6.  John A (32). . . .1:36.2

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)