Masters Running

Saturday May 2 Runs and Chuckles (Read 390 times)

King of PhotoShop

[rant on] Over the past couple of days I have spent close to five hours transcribing some Sheriff's Department interviews. I am so very, very, very tired of hearing "you know," "you know what I mean," and "like" every, like, you know, like three or four, like, you know, words, like, you know what I mean? Good grief! Who taught these young people English?!? It's astounding! Shocked [rant off] Okay then . . .
    My pet peeve is when women exclaim: "OH, MY, GOD!" with that dramatic pause between each word. Another one that gets me is, "People that signed up for today's race...." or "the players that were in the building said..." (instead of "who"). We had a Dallas Cowboys training facility blow down here today and the newspeople misused this construction about 4 times. Small markets, bad speaking. And I mention this at this particular point in time, because that being said, at the end of the day, when all is said and done, most people speak poorly. Spareribs
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Erika, so cool about your boys!! You have a right to be very proud of them! Wow!
        Spareribs, whom I would like to meet some day, is correct. Out for 6 very pleasant miles with DW today. It was a little windy, but we both enjoyed the run. After the run we finished at a local park and did an interesting workout, 5 rounds of 30 kettlebell swings, 30 burpees, and 30 glute-ham sit-ups with a 3Kg medicine ball...oh we know how to have fun! SLO wrote: Around here the say; "If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much" I had some Dutch friends and for their family reunion they made shirts that said: I'd rather be Dutch, wooden shoe?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Back home after a little outing in the wild woods. ... The ascents were mean and the descents were worse. 21.7 of trail racing I took a lot of pictures. I will share them later.
          You’re a champion taking on the steepest, longest and hardest of the summer Methow Valley trail runs right after such a big mary PR at Wenatchee just two weeks ago. The steep ascents are tough enough but the screaming descents are almost as thigh-thrashing as the steep return off the Aurora Bridge will be in the Seattle RnR. I hope you can post the elevation chart too. ps - <>don’t tell timmy, he’s already psyched out enough about the initial ascent part!)>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)