Masters Running

Thursday, 6.18.15 (Read 37 times)

Nice awards ceremony Jay!

I had a lovely run after work - my eyes were dilated from an opthalmology appt and I couldn't study, so off I went.

Now ... let's fill up Slo-Hands in box with messages Wink

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Good evening everyone. It is good to here from orangemat, enke LaTortuga, Rhoon and others. I have bee MIA this week since MrStarr's youngest brother, age 52, found out on Monday that he has stomach cancer. Surgery was today in Sioux Falls. We are lucky to have several great hospitals an hour from here. I think I would have checked with Mayo but that is three hours the other direction. They had to remove 4/5 of his stomach so he will not be getting a feeding tube because there is no room for nutrition. He will have an epidural for the pain for 3-4 days. It sounds like treatment will depend on the pathology report of the lymph nodes. We plan to go visit them tomorrow then leave bright and early on Saturday for out vacation up north. All the kids will be there, cousins and families from Mr Starr's side, 24 in all. Also coming to the resort is  almost all of my immediate family. Brother from the Twin Cities with 13; sister and families from SD number 15, 7 nieces/nephews from Rhode Island. I am bring towels for the East Coast travelers and it seems like I think that I must feed them all too. I.Must.Stop.baking.

I ran my long run of 8 on Sunday in the noon time heat after my son's family left town after the Regatta. Jake stayed until mid afternoon to get his kettle corn stand taken down. He grosses over $3500 so it was a good event. Now back to his electrician business until the next Saturday farmers market.  I am not really following my half marathon plan very well, but I do get the long runs completed. I have not signed up for the race so I am sure that affects my motivation. I spent too many hours sewing cute ruffled dresses for GDD1 & GDD2. I will have to get some pictures of them, too cute!

Oh, I just have to mention that today is my 3 year anniversary of being sober. Someday I will have courage enough to put that on Facebook. I did tell a few people, and got a hug from Nephew John who will be 8 years in September. Good night, I am getting sleepy.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Late to the party, but I just have to say how good it is to see people stopping by here today.

Only 5 miles today, I hope tomorrow will bring me more miles. Meanwhile off I go to clean up the house a bit more. The Twocats are coming to hang out with us  this weekend. Hurrah.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

And MikeE, and going to MCM--my buddy just messaged me about getting her bib!

Woo Hoo!  Have you looked at the weather forecast yet?

Marathon Maniac #957

MrStarr's youngest found out on Monday that he has stomach cancer. 

Starr - How awful!  I hope they were able to get all the cancer out and that he has a full recovery.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Happy Birthday, Starr!!  (Not belly button birthday.)  Three years of sobriety - congratulations!!

And I'm sorry to hear about your stepson's cancer.  Will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Re downloading to RA from Garmin - I echo what OM said.  Got to where I tell it to connect to Garmin . . . then nothing.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance