Masters Running

Fa La: It's Friday, 4.17.15 (Read 34 times)

Henrun

No running today- tapering for the Somerville 5K. Hit the marathon expo just before the mega crowds did. Sam Adams is giving out free samples of beer. Schmoozed with Dick Hoyt- grand Marshall this year. The excitement mounts

C-R

C-R - I think my friend said she wants to eat at a place called Muldoons, but I will offer up your suggestions.  Looks like the weather will be lovely.  I'm packing my sunscreen.

No time to post but I did read....

No run for me today, just 25 minutes of upper body weights and some stretching.

Happy Friday!

Muldoons is good as well. If that's what you're interested in visiting, I would actually Suggest Matt the Millers about 1 mile South of the Arts and Design district right next to the Paladium (start finish line). Awesome food and great beer selection (for carb loading of course)

Have fun and I will make sure the family waves to you as you pass our subdivision. (mile 3)

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

The excitement in Boston today was palpable!! I parked at my work garage across from Fenway, walked 1 mile to the Huntington YMCA, swam 25 minutes, showered and walked almost 2 miles to Downtown Crossings where I had a training class all day! So hard for me to sit in a chair all day, but we r going to computerized documentation next month and all have to sit through 2 8 hour training days. My 2+ mile walk back to Fenway was the exciting part!! Walked thru the Boston Common and down Boylston St - saw Meb signing autographs outside Marathon Sports, tons of runners coming from the expo with their runner bags (which I helped fill

denise

iPad messing up - only posted 1/2 my reply - tried twice!!   Going to sleep - BAA 5k in the morning!!

nite all - have a great weekend!!

denise

TammyinGP

short on time as I really need to get to bed!  but I ran 6 miles tonight.

tomorrow is rest as we'll be at David's meet most of the day - running 3000m. he's hoping for a PR (9.59), but it should be about 80 degrees tomorrow, so weather might be  a factor. Lots of tough competition at this one. Actually all high school varsity meets are tough now when he's the freshman and going up against seniors, but he likes the challenge and would rather be on varsity and back of the pack as those guys push him.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

H Whew, moving out of the big cities to the northland fishing areas spared me the temptation of banana sandwiches, banana lattes, chocolate/banana ice cream bars, etc.

Unfortunately, I met my demise at the all-you-can-eat breakfast smorgasbord the hotel includes in the daily rate so I might as well taste as many tender, mostly generally palatable to most, morsels as I can, e.g. squid rings, salmon/mackerel/rockfish, very edible chicken nuggets, scrambled, soft-boiled, and sushi-style sweet eggs, baby link sausages, vegetable stir fry, ham, miso and egg soup, fruits, cereal w/milk or yogurt, also very edible skinny French fries, rice, squash, onion potatoes, black and green tea, coffee, orange/grapefruit/apple juice, myriads of breads and rolls, and on-and-on.

I think I’ll take erika’s idea and look for those station stairs by the down escalator again when I get back to the city.  I'd probably have to climb two Mt. everest's worth to make it worth while though..

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)