Masters Running

Sunday, 12.13.15 (Read 28 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Where is Ribs???

Congrats, Dave, on the good run, on having Cindy back home (bags and all), and on the Saturday am meet-up at the clubhouse.

Good running in Brooklyn in shorts, Henry.

They were keeping temperature records 140 years ago, TW? Congrats (I think) on the new record. Sorry about the back twingy thingy - take it easy.

Hiya, Evanflein. Good for you for keeping up your running, and for hitting your 2,400 goal for this year. How was the hockey game?

Holly, I'm glad DD is getting a lot of playing time this season, even if her BB team isn't in a winning way. Her punishment the other day does seem excessive for what she reportedly did. Where's common sense and balance? Congrats to DS for his winning ways. Good for you for taking advantage of the warm weather for your runs. Don't worry about what is down the road.

Congrats on your fast half, Steve! That's some tractor you found that is going back to nature (thanks for posting the pic, Stumpy).

Nice lake run, Stumpy.

Nice 10er, Mike. Sorry about your nephew's diagnosis, and all the troubles you had trying to visit him yesterday.

We took DN out to dinner at our favorite French restaurant last night, and then to a concert by two acapella groups. They were quite different from one another, and both were terrific. The song lists included some Christmas tunes, as well as a wide range of others. We had a fun time critiquing residential Christmas decorations on the way home, with places ranging from 'gorgeous' to 'what they heck were they thinking...'

Just a little over 2 easy miles this morning. I went to hard in yesterday's workout (again), and was feeling it, not in a good way, this morning. So I came back early and did a lot of stretching and exercises instead.

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

steve, good going on the speedy half.  Mike, nice long run.

Yesterday morning, I did 5 extra slow miles at my daughter's.  After that, I helped my son in law hang some drywall as part of their kitchen remodeling project.  This morning, back at home, it was in the low to mid 40s.  I did 3 miles at an 11:25 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Good job Steve; my sub-three days are long gone.

Enjoy yourself; your younger days never come again.

3.1-miles in 35:33 (11:28) with thousands of Santa Clauses and elves plus some reindeer, snowmen, an Easter bunny and tiger (no batman though) to the in blustery, gusty winds but no rain for the annual Jingle Bell run through the city’s lighted trees, store windows and brightened buildings and Christmas tunes helping make it feel a little more like Christmas even though, as usual, no snow and grass stays green all year long.

Same as last month, I heard it's still too rainy to run down there in the next-to-great land.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - sounds like a good idea to listen to your body.

Tom - you are a man of many skills...

Tet - that sounds like a fun race, and glad it was at least dry for you.

Got flu shots for the whole family this weekend at the local pharmacy (pretty late this year).  After dinner tonight I will make up a batch of English Toffee to package up for my co-workers as Christmas gifts.  Next weekend I will make a batch for us.

15.2 miles for me this morning in 58-61 degrees, sadly with a lot of walk breaks, but at least I got er done.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

Holly, you are so good in so many ways (runs 15 miles, makes candy for colleagues)....also complimenting Dave on finding a group....I was going to say something wiseacre about finding a donuts group......

So clearly I too am having computer issues <gnashing of teeth>   GOTCHA tw!....   had long post about how on the one hand it was so good to see South Dakota chums (Roger won his AG at the marathon, 60-64 in 4:10) and on the other how bummed I am that my Speedsters chum was doing really well until it just got hot hot hot and so she didn't BQ.  We were on track for a sub 3:40 but after the half (we started at 6:45), the sun got warmed up--we are having above average temps--and we just couldn't maintain.  Of course, now  I am home and showered and feeling remorse, etc.

We were 8th and 9th females; Lindsay in 3:43 and me in 3:45, but dang!  AS I said to her, we know she can do it, we just need some better weather luck.

DH finished the half in 2:54 and is happy--hoping to share some miles with you Steve, great run up there yesterday!  He is also into the tractor pic, of course.

Love jingle bell runs, tet.  Ditto the wish on Mike E having a better day today and  to maintain w/ the online apps.

Gladaseeya Erika!

So no more marathons for me.......this year.  I'm finished with #18 today.

happy sunday evening, and sorry for the glitches; forgiveme....

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

Holly, you are so good in so many ways (runs 15 miles, makes candy for colleagues)....also complimenting Dave on finding a group....I was going to say something wiseacre about finding a donuts group......

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

Hiya!

...I'll second that..er....actually third it.....

(backat'cha  aamos)

==============

70s again today  (tho 20s are threatened for next weekend at night)

60-min HH walk

..................like moebo said ''ya gotta love it''

...............................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

6.2 for me this morning.  Shorts yet again.  There's not anything resembling snow in the 10 day forecast yet.  December in New England, go figure.

We've been dog sitting for DD's little dog for the past two weeks.  Come Wednesday, she'll stop by to pick her up and head out on a two week drive back to LA and back in time to move into a new apartment and start up for her last two (we sincerely hope) quarters at UCLA.  She managed to find a male friend to go with her, so we're a little happier than having her going by herself with a 20lb dog for protection.  We're standing him to a return ticket back to Portland.  DW and I will be heading out on the 28th for a belated Christmas and offering help moving in.

I think Slo is most likely a bit damp at the moment.  It's been pouring in GB the whole game.  No snow in Wisconsin?

You'd think it was getting towards a busy time of year.  Hope everyone is being joyous in the season, no matter what you celebrate.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hi friends!! Can't believe I haven't checked in all week!! Getting my strength back after being sick last week and went back to work Mon/Wed/Friday this week -- helped to break up the days. Had my longest run since Dublin this morning. 8.2 with a couple of friends - some good hills and about 2 miles on a trail so pace was on the slow side, but the conversation and company was great!!

((Leslie)) hope things went smoothly at the funeral

My fil is still hanging on but the end is near - dh and I spent the day on the Cape with his mom and visiting his dad .... so hard to watch

denise

Mariposai

Butterfly hugs to Leslie and Deez4boys.

This was a very memorable weekend for the Easy Pacer and I, our youngest son graduated from WSU with a degree in Environmental Science. We are very proud of the kiddo. The best thing was that our oldest son David was there, so it was a family gathering for us.

On the way back from Pullman, Paul dropped me off 18 miles from home to run home. I got home and then went back out for more since I was feeling good and  it was a sunny day. First 20 miler for this training cycle.

Cheers,

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I started my Christmas shopping today!  I'm so dang proud of myself.  I actually am pretty excited about a gift I ordered for Mikey.  I had to combine his birthday (Dec 18) gift with his Christmas gift, though.  It's a hammer.  Oh, but it ain't no ordinary hammer...it's a Stiletto 15 oz TiBone TBII-15 with a replaceable Milled Face.  It's titanium!  It's really cool.  I wish I could afford to buy myself one....but then I'd feel compelled to build something...and I really don't have any desire to do build anything, right now...but if I had that hammer, maybe I would.

Speaking of Mikey--he was on the front page of the sports section of his local newspaper.  He was barking at his Nordic ski team as they competed in a meet.  I would post the picture here, but Facebook is not letting me copy pictures anymore.

Jlynne and Slo_Hand might have gotten wet at the game, today, but I'm sure they didn't mind one bit.  Packers played well and, if they're like most of them dang Packers fans, they were probably pretty liquored up.

I went 8 miles, tonight, in 1:02:07.

Okay--gotta go--see ya.

evanflein

Congrats on your son graduating, Mariposai, always a good milestone! What's next for him? Our DS1 is on tap to graduate this spring, but he's not sure what his next steps are. He did propose to his GF in Hawaii last month though, so we've got that to look forward to! (2017)

Tet had a rain-free race? That's big news for the Seattle area these days!

18 marathons in 2015, Aamos? Wow...

I didn't get a run in yesterday, just too much to do on the first partial Saturday at home since before Thanksgiving. We left early afternoon for the soccer game, and our team tied the UAA team 1-1 for the second game. This is the Governor's Cup, which finishes with 2 games in March. We've won it every year since 2010 so I hope we can keep the trend going. This morning's run was 8+ miles on the Coastal Trail.... turned around at 3.2 miles because a moose was on the trail and wouldn't move. Then on the next side trip another moose made me cut over to the edge of the field by a lake to get by, out and back. Ended up back at the hotel with 8.1 miles. The route I ran was part of the Moose's Tooth Marathon course, formerly Humpy's Marathon, my third marathon and first BQ run. I've been thinking about doing that race again almost every year, if only as a training race for Equinox (a month later), but it's never been important enough to actually do it.

Good to be home. But we just scheduled another trip to Seattle to get me miles enough to qualify for Alaska Airlines Gold status again for 2016. Sound familiar, Dove? (she just did something similar) It'll be down and back the same day, but time to meet with friends if any are available (Tet? Enke? Mariposai?? Divechief??? Soundrunner????)

SteveP

TSelbs, nice drywall cross training.

Holly, does making a batch of toffee for us mean "us"? I'm looking forward to it.

Amy, we're already looking forward to Gasperella. I'm sorry you've had runner's remorse as you're perhaps the most amazing athlete I've heard of.

If Wheaties had any class, they'd be banging on your door.

MikeE, I need that hammer. Need.

Friday night, my cousins and I went to a Christmas light show in Largo, FL. A kid (tween) asked if I was the real Batman. I'm not sure why though. I neither confirmed or denied. All I said was that Santa gives me his naughty list. Then I take care of business.

Made it back home. I took a longer route to spend a nice part of the afternoon with my great aunt who just went into Hospice care. Twice, while we were talking, she forgot who I was, but knew that we've known each other for 50+ years.We recalled a lot of laughter.

I made one last souvenir stop before home and got Tag ice cream.

SteveP

. . .  spend a nice part of the afternoon with my great aunt who just went into Hospice care. Twice, while we were talking, she forgot who I was, but knew that we've known each other for 50+ years.We recalled a lot of laughter.

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance