Masters Running

August Masters Miles (Read 41 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Getting home from vacation just in time to start the monthly mileage thread!  Post your monthly mileage for running, walking, biking, swimming... whatever you've been up to!  Awards given (very late, probably!) for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, prime, cool totals, and anything else award-worthy!

This isn't a running picture, but it's at least a trail picture!   This is my DD and her fiancée hiking in the Wind River range in Wyoming.  This route would have made an awesome long run!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

HermosaBoy

A good month...

August -- 318.6 mi

YTD -- 2087.4 mi

THANKS!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

evanflein

Beautiful picture, Carolyn!

255.6 miles for August, the highest monthly total so far this year (but alas, not a prime or a PR).

1766.7 for YTD

2 AG wins (Santa Claus Half Marathon and Golden Heart 5k trail race) but no PRs.

MM #7877

August miles - 207.1

Highlights include my first 1/2 marathon in approx 11 months, and just building base for fall marathons.

Thank You!

Philippians 4:13.

BlazinCajun

August Miles: 219.4

Year to date: 1,516.1 miles

Weight lost: 1.5 lbs.

Andrew
            ------------------
            God, my Lord, is my strength;
            he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
            and enables me to go upon the heights.
            Hb 3:19

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks wild!  Welcome home!

I did no races in August and I have no prime numbers...but they are both even numbers and they both have a zero in them...is there an award for that?

August:  206

2015:   1340

Highest monthly mileage in at least 3 years.  Afraid to check the log to see how much longer ago it might have been.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

coastwalker

Hi WC,

Welcome back! Thanks for doing this, and for another gorgeous photo.

139.5 RW miles in August - my highest monthly total this year.

1st place, RW div, Saunders 10K

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

198 for the month, including some taper and recovery for Pikes Peak Ascent.

1620 for the year

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Low month for me due to a marathon and tapering.

August: 86.9 mi 13:36:35 9:25 / mi

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Sayhey! MM#130

293 for the month.

Two marathons:  8/2-Blister in the Sun, 4:03 (got jar of sweet hot peppers) and8/16- Leading Ladies 3:31 (got a ring).

5K: 8/22-- 22:23 (got a gift card).

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Looks like he's carrying a good part of the load already.   Nice pic! (as usual)

Meh month due to 4 different out of town trips.  72.2 miles for me.  Also a decade birthday, so a new 60 YO PR for the 5K at 28:10 (better than last year's at least).  Of course my age graded time (22:55) still doesn't beat Amy's gun time.  Gives me a lot to aspire to.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

C-R

192.1 for me and one sub 20 5k

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

pfriese

Great pictures Carolyn.

After the DNS for the Boulder-Ironman, I've decided to put triathlons on the back-burner and focus on running again.

August running: 147.8 miles

One 5K race: 24:40 1AG 12OA

No bicycling but I did swim 3.5 miles. I'll try to incorporate more swimming & cycling in my run training over the fall & winter.

Paul

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Carolyn - now, that's a rare trail way up in the mountains about which I can fully understand someone thinking, "this'd be a great trailo run.".

Paul - sorry about DNS IM

Hope you get another chance.

Fast or slow, it's the thrill of a lifetime.

ps - it wouldn't be a DNS would it if the 2.4 mile swim was in it?

It took me 2:27 once but it was a DQ, not DNS.

The next year, I wore a wet suit for a 1:37

August 2015

tetsujin - 39.1 miles
                                . . . races - 3.1 (Lake Meridian Tri)
                                . . . commuting - 36 miles
                                YTD - 340.2 miles, finaally getting aahead of aammooss’ss mmonthly..
                                it’s never happened for an annual total, and never will, but rare, if ever,

month of training miles exceeding race miles.

.My rare training . 

The last time I trained was when divechief cobbled up a moditied Pfitz with a long mid-week run for a goal 4:30 to keep up to a certain goddess at the Boomer Reunion at the Portland Marathon in 2006. Though watchless, shoeless, and clueless, it produced a 4:30:05, the fastest I've run ever since. This time, I hope some training for the 10/4/2015 Portland Marathon will allow me to keep up to some fellow members of the Japan 100-Marathon Joyful Running Club who’ve designated the Portland Marathon as their overseas adventure this year.  We’ll see.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)