Masters Running

Monday 9/21 International Peace Day. (Read 34 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Holly--I thought about you and your son as the sun was right in my eyes during my run, tonight.  I can sure understand how easily that can happen.  You're usually not looking for the end of a trailer, either.  I hope he's not beating himself up too much.

My run was tough, tonight.  After a 2 mile warm up, I did 3 miles in 19:18 then, after a 1 mile recovery, I did 3 miles in 19:24, then finished with a 1 mile cool down.

I booked my flight to DC, last night!  I suppose I should look into hotels sometime soon...

Okay--gotta go!  See ya.

moebo

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I am sorry to have to post this so soon after joining you, but I didn’t do anything resembling exercise today. Looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow.

Ribs, I have had some weird blood results due to dehydration in the past, too. It seems like it would be an easy problem to solve, but I still haven’t figured out how to make myself drink more.  It’s getting up several times a night that I hate most.

Holly, so sorry about your son’s accident. But I have to say that I am amazed at how fast you were able to get your son a replacement car—sounds like a great deal to me.

Deez, sounds like you and the rest of the Rosie Ruiz crew had a fantastic weekend in New Hampshire. I live in Connecticut most of the time, but I bought a place on Newfound Lake (in Bristol, New Hampshire) a couple of years ago and try to spend as much time there as I can.

evanflein

3rd Saturday in September is also the Equinox Marathon, which is why I probably will never do the Air Force Marathon as long as I still live here!

Holly, that's such a bummer about the car, but yes glad no one was hurt. If you can get another for not much, then that's a good thing. Tell DS to try sunglasses when the sun is low...

Loving the relay news and pictures! And geez, I could've told you how nice Enke is! Glad you guys all had fun. Finishing on sand doesn't look fun though.

Thanks on the Equinox comments. Ribs, I was thinking of you when I was whining to myself (ok, and to others) about the forecast. Realized it was pointless to do that since I couldn't change it and everyone had to deal with it so suck it up, right? I was very happy to see that it wasn't really bad at all. The temps were just about IRC (except it was pretty chilly at the top) and even the snow wasn't too bad (didn't amount to anything). So yes, it was good and figured out later that it was my 3rd best time for that beast of a course.

Got out for 5.3 miles today and there's a noticeable chill in the air...

Inspired by the RTB crew to stop in and post - what a great event! and so nice to meet up with folks yesterday.

Running is slowly becoming a habit again - I am still at a walk/run, but improvements will happen.

Erika - great job!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

SteveP

All these bizarre numbers from my blood have resulted in a solution.  I am dehydrated.  Of course I know why. I don't drink enough water. Why?  Because I had my prostate removed and sub-consciously I guess, I don't drink enough during the day.  Why/  Because I work here at my desk and I hate getting up all the time to go to the bathroom!  Stupid I guess, but I'm being more deliberate about it. Otherwise everything is fine.  Spareribs

Hardly stupid. Thankfully the solution appears to be simple.

OMG, Holly. Oh my.

SteveP