Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 6.17.14 (Read 37 times)

dg.

I have no idea what's going on here....

and after even just skimming today's thread (sorry, but I have things to do before it rains)... it's making me crazy again.  so, renewed resolve to catch up.

it's so wonderful to pop in here & see LaT, Craneium, & PBJ!  

I looked in the other day briefly, & as usual, tw made me smil.

Holly we had to do the sidewalk replacement thing too.  Then a couple of years later, after too many people didn't get their's repaired, the city increased taxes and they will replace the remaining messes.   I'm glad they're being fixed but I don't like paying for it twice.

Tselbs, I'm sorry you're sick..

Leslie, I think you have incredible mental discipline.

update....this morning I finally walked 2 miles.. (2.18, 16:54)  : D.   . it seems so funny to be happy about that but I am.   Once I got full weight bearing again it took quite a while to be able to walk normally.  I haven't used the crutches for more or less a month... I'm not really keeping track.   And my ribs don't hurt.   And our weather has been for the most part wonderful, and so being able to go out in the morning & take a walk, even though short, has been, relatively, bliss!!    I still do some stationary bike, lots & lots of pt exercises. need to get myself to the gym because I'm cleared for pool running, but I'm probably already pushing about as much as I can get away with. There's still swelling & pain, so I'm trying to be smart about this.   Don't.Laugh.   (ok, laugh)    Still, different kinds of pushes would be a good idea.

hope everyone is well & happy!

...dg//............you could be  A POOLRUNNING LEGEND////////

.........glad to see you checking in......

============

...ps......twocat//............it was a 36-min poolrun..

.......since

I was asleep at the time I just abbreviate 'em

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Twocat- the event is the world record kilt race in Perth, ON Canada (Tallrunner's neck of the woods). Giant festival and about 2800 kilted runners. Small old town, very picturesque and my folks have a cottage 10 minutes away. Makes for a great weekend.

SteveP

SteveP -  I hope you share your anniversary poem with us.

I'd started seeing a lady and asked her to dinner.

It nearly didn't happen because I'm an ashamed sinner.

Her smile is that of a saint.

We've learned to compromise on paint.

Its done her way and we both come out a winner.

SteveP

wildchild

Carolyn

SteveP, you're a keeper!  Congrats on your anniversary!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP, I am glad I logged in to read your poem, very clever! Happy anniversary to you and Mrs P.  Congrats to Dave and Mrs Dave too.

Holly, maybe you can get someone that does concrete as a side job and get it done cheaper. My co-worker's husband does that on nights and weekends.

I feel behind here too, mainly because I don't have internet at work anymore. Some stupid virus months ago. I took a short lunch since I had to get my tooth fixed this afternoon. I wonder what that crown will cost, ouch!  I decided to do brick workouts whenever I can. Sunday was bike 7, run 1.5 (it started to rain. Yesterday was the storm of storms and today was bike 9.5 run 2.5. I should be able to get to the Y to swim in the morning, never done that before, always after work. Maybe if I sleep in my swimsuit that would make it easier to get there.

Gotta go pack the bag And set the alarm.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Boston 2015 registration dates set:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/06/17/registration-dates-for-boston-marathon-set/UUTZ8iu8Bj3t6zoJHgPeCI/story.html

Happy Anniversaries Steve and Tom!

Thanks for sharing this Marj. If I read this correctly, I may not even get a chance to register for Boston 2015 since my qualifying time is less than 3' faster than my BQ time.

Here is the paragraph in the article that talks about registration.

The fastest qualifiers in the various age groups will be allowed to register first. On Sept. 8, runners who have met their qualifying standard by 20 minutes or more may register. It drops to 10 minutes faster on Sept. 10, and five minutes faster on Sept. 12 before registration closes on Sept. 13 at 10 p.m.

If space remains after the first week, registration will re-open for all qualifiers Sept. 15 at 10 a.m. through Sept. 17 at 5 p.m., with priority given to fastest qualifying times.

Star, have fun packing.

Craneium, glad to see you ran 2 miles.

Tonight was run meet up for me. 3.2 miles in the hot summer sun. We had fun. Then I came home to gobble up dinner to then go outside to plant about 80 bulbs of gladiolus (got them on sale at Walmart for 2.50 a bag on clearance). Come fall my garden should look great with the nice new colors I picked.

Isn't spring and summer fun????

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Craneium, You've always had a super character in my book.

Words of advice, Wildchild? One step at a time and each step is cause for celebration.

Quite the household there PBJ.

Sheesh Holly. It seems your family has gotten more than it's share of hits to the pocket book.

TomS, You're one brave and tough cookie for your run. I hope you are feeling 100% quickly.

A DG sighting!!!

As usual, Posi nailed it. Spring and summer is fun.

I met DW at work and we went to a place called the "Iris Farm". Is a spring into summer passage for us.

I was looking for a really romantic place for dinner. Sadly, we have no Chuck E Cheese up here. .  We went into a place where some friends of mine had redone the bar and tables for the booths. I get excited about woodwork and was very impressed with the depth of the mahogany table tops in the booth. There was no gum on the underside of our table. Which is OK. The bar has inlaid Petoskey stones and ornate trout flies with a heavy lacquer and a solid mahogany border.

Ordering was difficult as the menu did not have any pictures of the food. Why in the world would Cobb salad not have nice chunks of corn of the cob? Our waiter was 5 stars. DW's eyes and her smile were out of this world.

SteveP

TammyinGP

sorry to hear there was no Chuck E Cheese, but glad to know you had a Plan B, Steve.  That's what Batman would do. always have a plan B.

Tammy