Masters Running

Thursday, 3.10.16 (Read 39 times)

Mariposai

I am so very happy to read that Steve is doing a little bit better. We know the long road to recovery that is ahead, but at least he is out of the woods, I hope. Denise, I am glad to see that you were able to run today. Every mile is a gift!

Enkie, dear sistahh, you asked about our motivation to running? Here is mine: Diabetes run in my family...So...the cold, dark, windy mornings when my alarm goes off and I don't want to get out of bed I use a mantra: Watch out diabetes is coming to get you....that normally works for me. Second: having a race in mind, no matter how far away is a good motivator.

Erika, how is the wedding plan coming along? I saw your cool wedding expo pictures. She is adorable. BTW, your son looks like Peter a lot.

Hurrahh to twocat running pain free. Don't give me the credit  for that...I think I am being blamed for his New Orleans run adventure  (well, Mrs. Twocat is part of the blame too ).

Stumpy, you ran a very good half marathon, you need to recover from it. Enjoy CT.

Jay, glad to hear we can crash in your house pre and post relay. I enjoy visiting with your sweet dear wife, always.

La Tortuga, what a good day you  had! Hugs to Little Walter for me.

Holly, how are you feeling today?. How is the work load? I am in with Erika, a job duties desk review is in order...they are letting you do wayyy to much for your classification.

Tetsujin, ohh taper boy, what is not to adore about Tet? (hush Spareribs)

I can see a fun party brewing with the meeting of the Buhrles and Aamos.

Tomwhite, your posts always lifts my spirit.

Howdie Tamster, how is spring and the rain are treating you guys? We are starting to be hit by a lot of rain, which is bad, bad, bad for our post fire land.

Well, I am still captive of the virus. No running, no walking, but yes a half hour of yoga tonight. It felt just marvelous.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

I am so very happy to read that Steve is doing a little bit better. We know the long road to recovery that is ahead, but at least he is out of the woods, I hope. Denise, I am glad to see that you were able to run today. Every mile is a gift!

So true!

5 miles for me on Thursday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."