Masters Running

Tuesday, 9.2.14 (Read 38 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I hope you feel better tomorrow, Jay.

Thanks for the course profile, Karin...thanks a lot...

You're going to look very cool in those shoes, rochrunner.

Hey Slo!

Oh, I'm sure Karin will be up with the leaders...I'm not so sure about me.

I did 10.2 miles, tonight in 1:12:50.  My Garmin was dead again, so I just did about 1.5 mile warm up, then did 6 x 6:40 intervals with a 2:00 recovery between each, and finished it off with about 1.4 mile cool down.  I don't know about that dang Garmin.

Okay--I gotta go eat.  See ya!

Oh--I almost forgot!  1st day of school pictures...

BTY

Doug's got new shooooooos.

4.1 miles of recovery jog today. Hot sloggy mess along the Hudson on probably the hottest day of the summer so far. Just the way I like September.  Just got back from the gym and it was as they say very close in there.   Chest and triceps and core workout. I also got to teach my recently permitted daughter how to drive in a vacant parking lot.

evanflein

Ahhh the first day of school! Looks like a good start to the year!

Checking the August mileage thread and oh. my. goodness there were a lot of miles run last month! Wow....

I was going to take this as a rest day, but when we got back from the vet it was still pretty nice out and DH was going back to his office for a bit... so, off I went down the road for 5.3 miles. A bit chilly at 48° but nice when I was in the sun. We'll get down to low 30's and frost tonight, then it should warm up a wee bit the rest of this week.

For those who are interested, an Abby update: We were hoping to get the feeding tube taken out today, but since she hasn't been eating on her own yet the vet decided to wait at least 48 hours. She can eat with this thing in there, she just doesn't want to. So our homework is to try to get her to eat on her own in the next couple of days. She's doing so much better, but not "out of the woods" yet, as they say. Lots of purring though, so getting back to her old self a bit.

SteveP

Love the pictures MikeE.

I had the "What would it take to get you to stay" talk with my boss. When the economy tanked, there were some cuts made that really put a hurting on a few people. I listed the benefits that should be reinstated. As of today, the company's holiday pay has been returned for Thanksgiving and Memorial Day. Not Labor Day though. Each employee will be given an annual review no later than January 30th of 2015 and the 401K program is going to be reinstated with a concerted effort to become viable in order for the crew to take advantage of this year's tax advantage. Finally, putting announcements of employee related achievements on the company bulletin board instead of strictly the owner's grandchildren. I'm hoping I did not make a mistake.

Blood drive after work. Got a 9 gallon pin and cookies.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Hope not--my usual running dress style can best be described as "Early Yard Sale", regardless of shoe brightness.  Any coordination is usually accidental.

Karin - thanks for the link!

Mike - love the grandchildren pics!  Nice to see pictures of Minnesota that don't have snow on the ground, too.

Steve - are you going to stay?

Slo - hi!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."