Masters Running

The Saturday Daily, 4.16.16 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I'm sending belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to Aamos. How great that your birthday is right before Boston so you can celebrate all weekend long!

Congrats on being able to chew again, Holly. It is true enough that teeth are one of those things that we don't realize how much we rely on until they are gone. Also, as Steve said, you DO deserve a crown of some type!

I hope you can figure out what ails you, Slo. It sure doesn't sound like fun.

David is pretty impressive, Tammy. So is his mom.

Good run yesterday, Deeze, and a busy day at the 'office' too!

4.6 RW miles in windy 39F temps this morning. I took it easy because I have some race tomorrow, but also because I have a bit of discomfort, almost like a deep bruise, very low on the right side of my back. I did a little work on it after my workout, and hope it'll ease up today. I had breakfast (solo, since DW's away) at our favorite dive, and will soon head off to Trader Joe's for some restocking. I have some house and yard work to do later on, so it'll be a busy day. DW and a girlfriend were going to try to go to Vinci's in Chicago for dinner last night. Year's ago they'd give a numbered card to each customer who ordered their fabulous stuffed portabello mushrooms. When they got up to either 5,000 or 10,000 (I can't remember which), that customer would get a free trip to Rome. Sadly, they stopped that some time ago, but the food is still great.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

HAPPY LATE B'DAY AAMOS..........Good Running to Ya......

mornin' jay//...........was really glad fatozzig

reminded me about Tincture of Benzoin,  we used to apply it and cover it with BabyPowder to fix Ouchies

Things You Knew,

You Just Forgot You Knew 'Em

=========================

..but I digress.........

40-min PoolRun, nb, cf, ris

whist

trying to grow skin back on my bunions (I never said I was all that Smart)

another PR tomorrow

..............good Running to ya.........and Good Racing in Boston..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Place is abandoned!  Sad. I hope it is not because you all are not running. Me, I am not running. I guess for another week. Today the leg felt worse than it has in days. Oh well. DW and her friend went off for their run so at least someone in the house was getting out. Beautiful day for a run too.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

spinach

I got the Earthday Half marathon and then I ran four and a half miles with my dog once i got home. The half went okay, 1:32:21, I was second in the 55-59 age group.  The big thing was that i was actually able to run it as a race, something I really wasn't able to do since July because of my bad foot. I had run some easy races but this one I wanted to go out as a race.  Maybe now I will be able to do some speed workouts.

Enjoy the weekend.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Nice job spinach!  Make sure you ease back into the speed stuff, though.  Ha ha ha ha ha ha!  Ha ha ha ha ha ha!  I'm giving advice about easing onto speed stuff!  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  Oh, sometimes I crack myself up.  Sorry, spinach...nice race!

Well, those 9 tempo miles I ran, last night, made my 6 easy miles, today, not so easy...it was a slogfest.

Debbie woke up sick and she is down for the count, today.  We were supposed to go to a granddaughter's prom grand march...whew--got out of that one.

Okay--I have to get back to this stupid plan.  I want to finish it today.  I have a sermon to write for next Sunday.  See ya!

Holly, I'm glad to hear you've got teeth again.  Twocat, I hope your leg decides to start feeling better soon.  Spinach, nice, speedy, half.  Mike, nice long run.

This morning, it was about 40° and almost calm.  I ran 2 miles at an 11:13 pace and walked 2 miles at a 13:31 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

spinach, nice racing!

Holly, sounds like it was a good investment.

10.2 miles at the horse trails.  I was only going to do 8, cause it is a cut back week, but I hadn't run since Tuesday and my feet and legs felt fresh, so I did 10.2 instead.  Just cause it's not a long run unless it is 10, right?  Sounds so much better too.  Pace was faster than last week too, by almost a minute per mile.

I got on the scale this morning for the first time in about 2 months.  What a shock, and not a good one.  Guess those heavy dinners out last week are still with me.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Place is abandoned!  Sad. I hope it is not because you all are not running.

I admit, I did not run today.  We (my 2 kids, nephew, and stepdad and his lady) got up early to drive the 2.5 hours to Athens, Ohio to visit my niece and see her thesis art exhibit.  She graduates from Ohio University in 2 weeks, a lovely and wonderful young woman, and an extremely talented artist.  DH had to work, so didn't come. Anyway, we just got back, so now I will relax a bit with DH, who worked very hard today. Back at the running thing tomorrow.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Good job on your 10 miler Enkie, what type of garmin did you get at REI and do you like it?

Holly, You are worth than and a lot more RE: investement on your teeth.

Aamos, sorry I miss your birthday.

Twocat, sorry to hear about your ouchies. Cheers to Mrs. Twocat on her run.

Boston weekend, hurrahhh!

15 miles today, 13 of them on the Omak Orchards in Bloom half marathon route. Wow, the blossom are stunning! Other than that, I spent the whole day trouble shooting and planning the race. There is so much work involved in race organization, but my community has adopted this race and in three years the race has become one of our community events everyone talks about.

Cheers,

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai

I got the Earthday Half marathon and then I ran four and a half miles with my dog once i got home. The half went okay, 1:32:21, I was second in the 55-59 age group.  The big thing was that i was actually able to run it as a race, something I really wasn't able to do since July because of my bad foot. I had run some easy races but this one I wanted to go out as a race.  Maybe now I will be able to do some speed workouts.

Enjoy the weekend.

Congrats on your Age group win!!! You are one speedy runner!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard