Masters Running

Forest Park 50k Trail Run (loooooong) (Read 333 times)

Wow, you are a marvel. That is quite the race and the distance to run. Looks like an amazing race and tons of fun. Congrats on the great time. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Thanks for all your comments, everyone. I really appreciate them. And Tallrunner - As to your question, "Would you rather be right or happy?" Most definitely happy - and I am!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

GreenMan

It's been said, but I want to say it again, Leslie, you are tough, tough, TOUGH!. Great report, and you are so lucky to have, such a wise crew. jjj
        Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow! Don't apologize about the details - I love the details! Seems like every big race I've had has coincided with my period - men have no idea what extra difficulty that adds to a race - and to add bowel issues, too - that's taking an already hugely difficult endurance event and making it much more to endure. You are amazing!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Leslie, Congrats on your tremendous perseverance on your 50K run. Your RR was inspirational and very well written. Keep up the great running! Your willpower is something to envy. John
              Impressive run with the kind of determination few could ever muster! I know the rain you went through would have had me calling it quits before the starting gun even went off. Then to have gotten waylaid by a detour due to poor trail markings and yet recover to go on is simply amazing. Great job.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

As always, I am humbled by all of your comments and congratulations. My inspiration comes from many places, especially the people I have been blessed to meet on this site. Thank you.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance