Masters Running

Marathon Monday, 4.18.16 (Read 38 times)

Mariposai

I really, really enjoyed the Boston Marathon thread. Thanks MikeE for doing a stellar job in keeping us posted. I was not able to follow live, but it sure was nice to keep track of our runners here.

6 miles for me tonight with the Easy Pacer in 81F weather. This is April...I can't believe how hot it got today.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I was glad I was working from home today... made it a little easier to keep tabs on our runner!

Barb has a fascist foot! Funny way to put that, but I know that's not a funny thing to deal with. Hope it's better soon and the hiking wasn't too much for it. I've been dealing with some heel tenderness but it seems pretty minor and hasn't "spread" to the rest of my sole, so I'm thinking it'll be ok.

Love the pictures today, from Steve and Tag's adventures to Holly's outing to Marj getting some TLC from Henry at mile 22!

I kept thinking I should head out mid-day for a run, but the wind chimes were going pretty lively even with the sun shining. I think the temps got up to mid/upper 50's but it was breezy. Then the clouds rolled in and sprinkles, but when that kind of cleared the wind was gone so out I went for 6.2 miles. Nice to work from home. I'm reading long complex proposals for consulting services, and it's nice to be able to focus without so many interruptions. The cats were happy to have me home, but they weren't too much of an interruption. Got through most of my work!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

My friend has one and can't even walk up stairs let alone the Appalachian Trail!

Barb has a fascist foot! 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)